3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

168146310_2815363988723315_2959253604033738425_n (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I have a Gottlieb BH that when ball 3 drains and the game is over, the background tune continues to play, for ever and ever....and ever. If I turn the game off and back on, all is good and the tune is off. In looking around, it appears sound 16 is the background tune? I checked for continuity between driver board A3J2 pin9 - sound board A6P1 pin 2 (sound 16) and it buzzes out. Does anyone know what I should look for next? Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Do you still get background sound during a game if you have the sound board DIP switch #5 turned off? All other sounds and speech sound normal? (You can check out you tube videos on US games with the sound+speech board as for what everything should sound like). Also could try the sound input line tests at the bottom of this and see what you get, and generally, using the sound test button and see if it does and speaks what it's supposed to as per the chart.

168146310_2815363988723315_2959253604033738425_n (resized).jpg168146310_2815363988723315_2959253604033738425_n (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for your participation frenchmarky!

Switch #5 does not seem to work as I have background music with the switch on or off. Perhaps the physical switch is bad? I’ll test that tomorrow.

Grounding each sound line produces a sound. Grounding pin 2, sound 16 produces no sound at all.

If I push the test button on the sound board, it makes a tone and says “complete”. All switches one direction and push the button, it makes a tone and says “complete”. Flick all the switches the other direction and push the test button and the machine makes a continuous loud tone sound till I turn the machine off.

What does it all mean?

#4 3 years ago

<<Switch #5 does not seem to work as I have background music with the switch on or off. Perhaps the physical switch is bad? I’ll test that tomorrow.>>

If the switch was actually stuck on it still wouldn't cause background to be stuck on at game over, switch is likely okay anyway. Wasn't a real good test for me to suggest for your problem.

<<Grounding each sound line produces a sound. Grounding pin 2, sound 16 produces no sound at all.>>

Sound 16 line sounds like it is stuck 'on', whether on the sound board itself or at driver board. You could try disconnecting sound 16 wire from the sound board connector and see if background problem then stops, to help isolate where it's stuck on.

Your other tests via the test button and the dip switches sound okay.

However - - - Sound Mapping is: "20 - 10100 - Background music or Lower PF wind". Sound 16 on by itself (10000) isn't assigned a sound. So maybe your sound line 4 is stuck instead? But by your tests, sounds like 4 is okay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-continuous-background-tune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.