PXL_20231029_053803807 (resized).jpg
IMG_3922 (resized).jpeg
Sys80 Coin Box Bracket (resized).JPG
IMG_9041 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1614 How to light up the tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1618 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1628 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #3035 Example for using Ice blue LEDs Posted by Crimcyan (9 months ago)

Post #3157 Adding a potentiometer to the aux lamp driver board for chase lights Posted by Redfive05 (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seshpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#579 8 years ago

Anyone have an extra "B" drop target I could buy? I'm only missing that drop. Shoot me a PM

#580 8 years ago

Anyone have the BH2K code that I've heard about? It supposedly adds lane change, ball save, etc....

1 week later
#605 8 years ago

BH brethren, I just acquired a non-working BH. I'm in the club.

I am going through things very carefully before I plug it in and have 2 questionable areas on the bottom PF I need to ask about.

1) there is a resistor that looks like an after-market addition near the fuses. Can I anyone say what this is for and if it's needed? Does your game have it?
image.jpgimage.jpg

2) there is another resistor added right next to the 2 transistors. Again this looks like a hack. Anyone? Arethese the recommended "pull up resistors" or something else?
image.jpgimage.jpg

3 weeks later
#635 8 years ago

So I am in the middle of restoring my BH and I can't WAIT to get it going! Closer and closer each day. Need to say it though: I've bought only Williams/Bally pins before (20+) and this is my first Gottlieb. I bought my BH for $400 thinking this would be a killer $500 (and maybe 15 hours of time worth) machine when I got done restoring. NOPE. Wow, this thing needs so much work just because it's a Gottlieb (ground mods, replacing burnt solenoids, transistors, adding resistors, redoing power supply, reflowing solder, blah, blah, blah).

Very excited to get it going, but wow this thing is a hog! Steve is right: System 80: not just a job, it's an adventure!

4 weeks later
#653 8 years ago

My mod to the upkicker per PinWiki suggestion. Simply using a flipper solenoid, a piece of scrap metal with holes drilled into it (attached via #6 screws and nuts), and an EOS switch = an adjustable power solenoid for the plunge back up to the top (the bigger the gap on the EOS switch, the more power it uses) + protection against transistor shortage! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#682 8 years ago

What angle do you guys have the top playfield of your Black Hole setup as? 6 degrees? Mine seems to max out at around 4.8-5

3 months later
#844 8 years ago

I feel like it's WAY too hard for me to lock a ball on the top PF, to hit some of the targets on the right of the top PF, and to lock a ball on the bottom PF. I'm pretty sure my flippers are parallel to the biff bars, but I need to check when I get back home. Any advice?

#849 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

A tough shot it is. A ton of shots on this game are luck, and not necessarily pin skill. BH is a pretty challenging game all around...and really tough to get multiball with. That is what makes you play 10 games every time you walk up to one...and makes you want to come back. This game kicks my ass constantly...but it's still fun as hell!!

This helps me out a ton. I LOVE this game but have definitely noticed that some of the shots aren't really skill-based but rather almost luck. Just want to make sure that I've got mine dialed in as much as possible!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seshpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-club-members-only?tu=seshpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.