PXL_20240103_220434164.jpg
IMG_5107 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231029_054015295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053936841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053945558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1614 How to light up the tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1618 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1628 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #3035 Example for using Ice blue LEDs Posted by Crimcyan (10 months ago)

Post #3157 Adding a potentiometer to the aux lamp driver board for chase lights Posted by Redfive05 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clintonian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2212 2 years ago

Hey guys I recently picked up a BH and wanted some feedback on rubber colours. I’m thinking of either blue or black. Does anyone have pics of their BH’s with different colour rubbers? Thanks

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I would avoid doing any color rubbers. The orange ones that most people install looks cheesy as all get out, and there is already enough blue on the playfield to warrant blue rubbers. Black ones are great, but even black Titans still get the PF dirtier than it needs.
I highly recommend the clear Titan rubbers for this theme. They look great, help out with the general GI of the game (as they are slightly translucent) and then go crazy with your flipper rubber color as an accent.
Just my two cents from someone who has a BFA with a speciality in color science (albeit in light and not pigment but you get the gist).

Thanks for the advice! Never even thought about doing clear. I’m sure I’ll try out some different varieties before I find my favourite

2 weeks later
#2240 2 years ago

Hey guys just checking to see if anyone has had this issue before. When the ball goes to the lower Playfield the flippers are dead, lights are out, there’s a strange persistent sound, and the relay under the lower Playfield clicks like 3 or 4 times. The ball gets sent back up to the top Playfield and all is well again.

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Which flippers are dead - the top or bottom ones ?
And is it the bottom lights or top lights that are out ?

The lower Playfield flippers and lower Playfield GI lights

#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

If the rollover switch at the back of the spinner lane doesn't register, the ball will just drop down there without activating the lower flippers or lower lights and will be kicked back up, as you are seeing. Try activating that switch by hand and see if it is working or just needs cleaning. However the persistent sound and relay clicking sound strange so maybe that isn't the problem. There will be various things clicking between when the ball drains into the lower pf trough and is eventually kicked back up.
What does the 'persistent sound' actually sound like, the background sound or the lower pf 'blowing wind' sound or (?)
When ball enters lower pf, do the upper playfield lights turn off like they are supposed to?

The sound starts as almost static then changes to another sound shortly after. I’ve removed the lower Playfield and it still occurs.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from Clintonian:

The sound starts as almost static then changes to another sound shortly after. I’ve removed the lower Playfield and it still occurs.

So I cleaned and adjusted the L relay again and now the lower Playfield lights cycle on and off as they should in attract mode. When the ball goes downstairs the same strange noise occurs, and only one flipper works...getting closer.

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

As far as sounds go...have you tried cleaning & reseating the connector on the sound board? I recently had a similar issue on Haunted House where it suddenly began playing the wrong sounds and it was just a dirty connector.

Yeah I’ve re-pinned the connectors and cleaned the contacts. Everything works now minus the strange sound that occurs.

#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

If there are removable eproms on the board. Take them out & clean the legs.

I’ll give that a try thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clintonian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-club-members-only?tu=clintonian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.