PXL_20240103_220434164.jpg
IMG_5107 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231029_054015295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053936841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053945558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1614 How to light up the tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1618 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1628 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #3035 Example for using Ice blue LEDs Posted by Crimcyan (10 months ago)

Post #3157 Adding a potentiometer to the aux lamp driver board for chase lights Posted by Redfive05 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider biffbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1331 6 years ago

The schematic, page 47, shows a single capacitor there: C3, 100uF, 25V.

Could be the original cap went bad & was replaced, if so, you would want to leave that 2nd cap disconnected (is it even good?).

9 months later
#1436 6 years ago

That is a good one!
Couple things suggest it could have been on location for a while, or maybe not, anyway it is still exceptionally nice. Mine is blown out around the pops (did not have mylar), and was operated long enough that the attract mode ball gate activity made a dent where it strikes the metal.

Noticed the top bumper skirt flares out at the bottom instead of the top. That got flipped around sometime.

Have you found anyone with new plastics?

Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm back in the club...and I'm pleased to say that I think I scored a really really nice example. My last one was OK. This one supposedly was one-owner since 89, and huo before that, but I can't verify. It's been out of operation for a few years as the owner was liquidating his collection, so I'm bringing it back to life.
That said, I would say that this is pretty friggin clean. Most of the PF has mylar on it. So far just the usual system 80 stuff I need to do...rebuilding the pop bumper boards, ground mods (although someone did ground the CPU, but that's about it), and replace the disc motor.

#1439 6 years ago

http://www.pbresource.com/Blackhole.html
Turns out they have a dedicated page for BH parts. Can see how this could get costly.
EDIT: Don't know who has the revolving disks, was replying to the previous message. Good luck.

1 week later
#1449 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My manual doesn’t show, is there a 2” rubber or just star post 7/16” rubber on each here?

Did not put any rubber below the right flippers when I did mine up this year, no ring or post rubber.

4 months later
#1539 5 years ago

Go back to those relays under the playfield. Check that the points are in good condition and adjusted so that they make/break as they should when each relay is activated. The relays are close to the pop bumpers, and the thump from the bumpers may have exposed a marginal connection at a relay. Could also be connection issues elsewhere in the circuit (follow the wiring paths shown on the schematic while you look for the trouble spots).

Quoted from mikey39800:

... Current Issue:
All four topside flippers will be disabled intermittently. Sometimes they'll start out disabled; sometimes they'll flicker on and off over the course of play; sometimes nothing bad happens during a game. I can replicate it easily by bouncing the ball off of each of the trio of pop bumpers towards the top of the upper playfield. (The bottom bumper on the upper playfield does not appear to invoke the issue.) After I bounce the ball against a bumper after 5+ times while holding a fipper button, the flippers can fail energization briefly and may even go dead. Continually bouncing the ball against a bumper resurrects the dead flippers. Of note, the upper ring of the bumper might randomly drop 1/3 its travel distance after activation and stay there though none of the bumpers ever appear to truly die - I can always reactivate them.....
I've inspected:
The Q, T, and U relays under the main playfield towards the back - each appears to trigger manually....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider biffbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-club-members-only?tu=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.