PXL_20240103_220434164.jpg
IMG_5107 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231029_054015295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053936841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053945558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1614 How to light up the tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1618 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1628 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #3035 Example for using Ice blue LEDs Posted by Crimcyan (9 months ago)

Post #3157 Adding a potentiometer to the aux lamp driver board for chase lights Posted by Redfive05 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinG-ATL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1000 7 years ago

Hi Folks.

I officially join your hallowed ranks on Saturday afternoon!

However, it's got to come up out of a basement. 8-(

Any recommendations on lightening the load to get it up the stairs? I'm can't use a dolly for various reasons, so it will have to be carried up the stairs.

I don't have any familiarity with this pin from the inside and this will be my first system 80.

After I pull the backbox legs and glass, what else can I do to lighten the cab to get it up the stairs?

Is the main playfield a simple slide out once everything is uncabled from the backbox? Or are there other wiring harnesses to the cab and if so, are they all Molexed? or would I need to jump through some hoops to pull the playfield out?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

#1013 7 years ago

And Black Hole is now all happy in the garage as I shop it out. 8-)

So far everything is good, but no background sound ("muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-mun-muh-muh sound." as Steve Kulpa calls it). DIP 5 on the sound card is on and I have reseated connectors.

Has a Ni-Wumf MPU and driver board and Rottendog power supply and pop bumper boards. everything else is original.

I have reseated connectors and reset sound board DIP switches.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Kg

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any sound or speach work otherwise?

Regular switch-trigger audio is fine and attract speech is there. Just the background ascending tones are not audible.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinG-ATL:

And Black Hole is now all happy in the garage as I shop it out.
So far everything is good, but no background sound ("muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-mun-muh-muh sound." as Steve Kulpa calls it). DIP 5 on the sound card is on and I have reseated connectors.
Has a Ni-Wumf MPU and driver board and Rottendog power supply and pop bumper boards. everything else is original.
I have reseated connectors and reset sound board DIP switches.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Kg

Turned out it was the infamous "connector issues"... turns out A6J1-2 had broken off in the connector. it "looked" like it was seated in the terminal pin, but when I pulled the connector and started really going over it, it came right out.

Yay for stupid n00b mistakes. Thanks all that responded!

KevinG

#1020 7 years ago

Anyone running a Ni-Wumpf MPU and having problems setting Max Credits to 0 to enable free play? The "zero set" method (hold down credit and push test) works fine in other Option menu items, just not for Max Credits.

I haven't serial-ed into the CPU yet to see if I could get the adjustment to take there, but wanted to check to see if anyone had a similar experience.

Unfortunately, I don't know what version of the firmware the board is on until I serial in (unless there is a menu setting that displays that).

Thanks!

Kevin

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I just hit start until it wrapped around, no problems

Quoted from KevinG-ATL:

Anyone running a Ni-Wumpf MPU and having problems setting Max Credits to 0 to enable free play? The "zero set" method (hold down credit and push test) works fine in other Option menu items, just not for Max Credits.
I haven't serial-ed into the CPU yet to see if I could get the adjustment to take there, but wanted to check to see if anyone had a similar experience.
Unfortunately, I don't know what version of the firmware the board is on until I serial in (unless there is a menu setting that displays that).
Thanks!
Kevin

Turned out it was a really old software revision, once I upgraded to 1.75, life was good again!

#1026 7 years ago

So, this may be a little sacreligious to the theme, but has anyone ever done any mods/design augmentation based on Disney's "The Black Hole".
Yeah, I know the movie was kinda wretched, but there were some really great design elements going on in there.

W/o raising the cabinet like the Cosmic Chaos Black Hole pin (Al Lewis - not Grandpa on the Munsters Al Lewis 8-) ) there is very little, if any dimensional stuff that could be done on the upper play field, but I'm thinking the maybe something a little subtle, like Maximillan, V.I.N.Cent or the Palomino floating over the lower play field and/or a some small flat vinyl of them or a Cygnus silhouette on the disk or something, just for some "flavor"

Anyway, just tossing that out there to see what anyone thinks or if it just sounds stupid.

Thanks!

Kevin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinG-ATL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-club-members-only?tu=KevinG-ATL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.