PXL_20240103_220434164.jpg
IMG_5107 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231029_054015295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053936841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053945558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1614 How to light up the tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1618 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #1628 Example photo for a lit tube Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #3035 Example for using Ice blue LEDs Posted by Crimcyan (10 months ago)

Post #3157 Adding a potentiometer to the aux lamp driver board for chase lights Posted by Redfive05 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crimcyan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2782 1 year ago

Anyone recommend a place to buy a readable physical manual from? Having hard time reading some of the board parts on the digital versions available online

3 months later
#2859 1 year ago

Whats slope is most people running? I've tried a few and the best feeling I can get is 6.5 on the upper playfield but the lower playfield feels to slow.
Also are there any fixes for the balls getting stuck on the lower playfield in the gate before the transfer tube. Its mostly in multiball the 2nd ball usually gets stuck at the gate

#2868 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Add shims/washers under the lower play field where the locking screws hold it down. The screws will hold the washers in place to keep them from falling out. You get the best play on both

That is a great idea! I was over thinking it and thinking I'd have to unscrew the tabs that hold it and try adjusting it but thats way more simple

Quoted from frenchmarky:

Mine is at 5.7, plenty fast for me on both playfields. I could probably live with 6. Yes shimming up the lower would compensate if you're accustomed to 6.5 or 7 on your games.
Is your track switch #53 clean and adjusted correctly? Is the gate release coil pulling in okay but the ball is still not clearing it, or (?) Or does the ball just sit there on the switch and nothing happens? I suppose if your lower playfield slant was WAY too low after really cranking up the upper pf, it could mess with the ball being released by the gate cleanly, or cause the ball to barely get hung up by the switch sometimes.

Its where it would get caught at the caught on the switch and nothing happens. Pretty sure it was do to the slant I have on the game at but I tried adjusting the switch so it takes less pressure to activate it but it only worked for a awhile. So I think I might just try the shimming idea and go from there as I really like the 6.5 on the main level

2 weeks later
#2890 1 year ago

Would anyone happen to have the 7 digit rom? I am starting to do the conversation to 7 digits but cant find the rom anywhere online

#2895 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt08:

You can get it there
https://www.flipprojets.fr/Home_EN.php
I have got it last month.
Works perfectly, real update to 80A system.
Not really cheap, but it's worth.
You also inside get ball save, and lane change
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure if that would work form me since I have the great plains U2/U3 adapter, plus I'm not really seeing any files for blackhole on there atm

3 months later
#2969 11 months ago

Would anyone have a link on how to do the light up tube mod? Saw it awhile ago and cant find it anymore

3 weeks later
#3004 10 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

This System 80 Sound & Speech board might be readily available, but the Votrax SC-01 speech chip is hard to find and typically sells for several hundred dollars on eBay. The LM379S amplifier chip is also becoming rare. There's been talk by one or two pinball sellers about a clone of the SC-01, but so far nothing has been produced.
The Sound & Speech board is a B-20887-x, where x denotes 1, 2, or 3. They are all the same board but with minor revisions. In other words, you could get a rev 1 board and make the simple modifications to bring it up to revision 3.
Also check out Pinwiki for this type of information: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Gottlieb_System_80

I got curious about the prices for the speach chip and found this speach chip emulator while googling and it lists black hole
https://www.thegeekpub.com/product/sc-01-speech-chip-emulator-votrax/
Wonder if anyone has any experience with installing in thier game

1 week later
#3027 10 months ago

Anyone have Blue leds for the GI? I have frosted cool white in mine right now and was thinking about trying blue but want to see how a game looks with it before buying a bunch of blue leds

#3029 10 months ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I'm someone who thinks GI should never be coloured (except in extreme circumstances and then not all of it) so take this with a pinch of salt.
I think blue GI Is a bad idea.
For one you'll wash out all the artwork on the plastics and loose the detail.
Secondly, blue is not good for illuminating, especially on a big open game like BH that already suffers with being dark.
I often play a Demolition man that has blue GI and it's awful, you can't see the ball and it hurts your eyes.
What I'd reccomend is cool white frosted comets. They're closer to blue in the white temperature, so they will work really well on Black Hole with the blue artwork, adding to it not washing it out .

I already have frosted cool white comets in it, thats why I was wondering if anyone has pics of blue. Because I've seen people say they have done it but never posted pics

#3035 10 months ago
Quoted from swamprat96:

I tried blue lights for the lower PF- lasted 5 minutes before I took them out because it was too hard to see. I ended up using warm white throughout to try and keep the machine looking as original as possible. I used the ablaze premium leds and don't regret it at all. I did not hack the low PF lights and got warm white 28v for those from Comet. even replaced the blinkers behind the wheel with LEDS and the coind door lamps. Looks great

I have Ice blue comets in the lower playfield GI on mine and absolutely love the how it looks and have no issues with visibility which is why I was thinking about going Ice blue for the top aswell

Here is how mine currently looks
Backglass has ice blue chasers
"Black" text is ice blue
"Hole" text is cool white
Disc is slow rgb

Playfield is cool white with color matched inserts, top lane guudes are cool white
Pop bumper I think were blue or ice blue

Lower gi is ice blue

Screenshot_20230627_084040_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230627_084040_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230627_084132_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230627_084132_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230627_084159_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230627_084159_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3037 10 months ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Ice blue works in the backbox! Are they clear or frosted?
I wasn't sure what would look best with the infinity lights, I thought clear might be?

They are the frosted ones, probably my favorite led color

4 weeks later
#3089 9 months ago

Just replace the rubbers on my black hole now this issue came up.
When in the lower playfield sometimes it would act like I drained the ball in the lower playfield when I didn't. So mid game the flippers would cut off, lower GI goes out and the game says re-enterance success/failed and would force me to to drain.
Any idea what this could be?

#3099 8 months ago
Quoted from Crimcyan:

Just replace the rubbers on my black hole now this issue came up.
When in the lower playfield sometimes it would act like I drained the ball in the lower playfield when I didn't. So mid game the flippers would cut off, lower GI goes out and the game says re-enterance success/failed and would force me to to drain.
Any idea what this could be?

No clue why but this stopped on its own and everything looked fine.

Would anyone know if there is a generic coinbox that will fit in a blackhole?

#3101 8 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Generic? It's just a metal box. There's a cover with three holes, but maybe you don't care about the cover? What exactly are you trying to do? Are you putting machine into service and want to keep the coins locked away from your service staff? Or are you just wanting something for your own use?
I never saw any reproductions or generics. I found my original on eBay several years ago. Try calling Steve at Pinball Resource.
If you don't care about finding an original and don't need the lid, then why not just use any kind of box or container? If you are looking for something with a better fit and a locking lid, anyone you know with some basic tin working tools and a sheet-metal brake could make one.

Im just looking for something that fits and wont slide around since its going on location. Dont need a lid or anything just the tray, cant find any that are for sale atm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crimcyan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-club-members-only?tu=Crimcyan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.