IMG_3287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7439 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240103_220434164.jpg
IMG_5107 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231029_054015295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053936841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231029_053945558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,291 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 66.
#1201 7 years ago

Can someone take a picture of the mechanism that locks the back glass in the head. I think it is the same as Haunted House and my HH is missing the parts.

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

Can someone take a picture of the mechanism that locks the back glass in the head. I think it is the same as Haunted House and my HH is missing the parts.

20170308_223342 (resized).jpg20170308_223342 (resized).jpg

#1203 7 years ago

Thank you for the pic. It is different than HH.

#1204 7 years ago

Does anyone have a picture under the playfield of the cannon? I'm trying to figure where this wire goes

20170305_201042 (resized).jpg20170305_201042 (resized).jpg

20170305_201033_001 (resized).jpg20170305_201033_001 (resized).jpg

#1205 7 years ago

Anyone here have the rubber ring placement sheet for this game? Someone here has to have replaced rings at some point

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Anyone here have the rubber ring placement sheet for this game? Someone here has to have replaced rings at some point

If you have a manual you can cross-reference through Titan, manual is correct for my black hole. I think the blue flipper with clear rings you have will look great.

#1207 7 years ago

You don't have to buy from this vendor but playfield diagrams from the manual can be seen here.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/205

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from hootowls:

You don't have to buy from this vendor but playfield diagrams from the manual can be seen here.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/205

I saw both of those pictures and they are of no help at all. They are just playfield part diagrams. Not even sure why the person that posted those photos did and the closer that you zoom in the worse the resolution gets.

I need a ring placement chart exactly like this one.

http://www.oocities.org/dracpinball/rings/cftbl-ring-chart.jpg

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I saw both of those pictures and they are of no help at all. They are just playfield part diagrams. Not even sure why the person that posted those photos did and the closer that you zoom in the worse the resolution gets.
I need a ring placement chart exactly like this one.
http://www.oocities.org/dracpinball/rings/cftbl-ring-chart.jpg

? The rubbers are all listed on there and legible. Maybe not perfectly clear but I can make them out fine on my phone. The same diagram is in the manual.

#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

? The rubbers are all listed on there and legible. Maybe not perfectly clear but I can make them out fine on my phone. The same diagram is in the manual.

On my phone it was a total blur lol. My laptop is semi good view. It's going to take some work and a bit of writing things down, but I think I've got it. Thanks guys!!!!

#1211 7 years ago

Is this better

P_20170309_210043 (resized).jpgP_20170309_210043 (resized).jpg

P_20170309_205908 (resized).jpgP_20170309_205908 (resized).jpg

#1212 7 years ago

Oh!!! One more thing that I forgot!!!

The taller clear 1-3/16 plastic posts, does anyone know exactly where they are supposed to go on each playfield? I mistakenly took them all off of both fields not realizing that the posts are in two different sizes. I can only assume that they go elsewhere other than under the plastics as that would set them up unevenly.

http://www.pbresource.com/plastic/gtb-c11562c.jpg

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Is this better

YES!!!! Awesome and thank you so much!!! Highly appreciated!!

#1214 7 years ago

did you find the cross reference numbers I was talking about

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

did you find the cross reference numbers I was talking about

Yes I am cross referencing as I write this using the PBR rubber ring page

#1216 7 years ago

2-upper playfield under gate
2-lower playfield under gate
1-lower playfield behind kicker

Quoted from sohchx:

Oh!!! One more thing that I forgot!!!
The taller clear 1-3/16 plastic posts, does anyone know exactly where they are supposed to go on each playfield? I mistakenly took them all off of both fields not realizing that the posts are in two different sizes. I can only assume that they go elsewhere other than under the plastics as that would set them up unevenly.
http://www.pbresource.com/plastic/gtb-c11562c.jpg

IMG_3979 (resized).JPGIMG_3979 (resized).JPG

IMG_3977 (resized).JPGIMG_3977 (resized).JPG

IMG_3980 (resized).JPGIMG_3980 (resized).JPG

#1217 7 years ago

I started a tech thread on this but thought I would post here as well to see if any members have experienced this.

My machine locks up during the following sequence. Third ball in play, one ball locked on top playfield, extra ball lamp lit between flippers or extra ball lamp lit underneather the locked ball lamp. The third ball in play drains, which should cause the locked ball to eject and drain, and the extra ball then is shot into the shooter lane. The game locks up. Turning machine on and off will not start a new game. I have to physically remove the locked ball to start a new game.

I am running a swemmer driver board and NiWumpf CPU board. I reached out to Ace at NiWumpf to see if he has seen this thinking maybe it is a bug in the code.

Thanks

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from BlueBlood:

Exactly what I need!! Thanks a ton Blueblood!!

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from BlueBlood:

At second glance, on the PBR site it states that the game uses seven of the taller clear posts. You listed 5, are we missing something??

#1220 7 years ago

I think the rubbers are right lol

20170310_183604 (resized).jpg20170310_183604 (resized).jpg

#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

At second glance, on the PBR site it states that the game uses seven of the taller clear posts. You listed 5, are we missing something??

You are right, my bad. 2 more above the right flippers on the top playfield. Haven't fully torn mine down yet, so this will be good for future documentation!

IMG_3985 (resized).JPGIMG_3985 (resized).JPG

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from BlueBlood:

You are right, my bad. 2 more above the right flippers on the top playfield. Haven't fully torn mine down yet, so this will be good for future documentation!

All good!!! Yup that's the spot. I actually had it saved to my phone luckily. Man!! This thing seems to have more parts going together than it did coming apart lol. I'm three hours in and still barely halfway done.

#1223 7 years ago

Did not find in search feature but bringing a black hole back to life. All boards just serviced. Getting no chaser lights. I follow connector to small power board and it is connected. Any troubleshooting ideas ? Thx

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Did not find in search feature but bringing a black hole back to life. All boards just serviced. Getting no chaser lights. I follow connector to small power board and it is connected. Any troubleshooting ideas ? Thx

Check voltages coming into the chaser board and at the lights.

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Check voltages coming into the chaser board and at the lights.

Thx. Where can I check voltages on that board

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Do you have a manual? The board schematics and pinouts are listed.

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Do you have a manual? The board schematics and pinouts are listed.

Yep. I'm getting 5.1 v. But still no chase lights. Makes no sense. Board was tested fine. Weird thing is they pulse for a second 5 sec after boot

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The common wire for the chaser lamps should be 6VDC also

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The common wire for the chaser lamps should be 6VDC also

I'm focusing on that wire now..thx.....I see the little connector at the boards but trying to follow where it goes. Since I have 5.1v and my board bench tested good I'm suspecting that wire....any idea where I can trace it to? It disappears under the sound board.

Thx

#1230 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I'm focusing on that wire now..thx.....I see the little connector at the boards but trying to follow where it goes. Since I have 5.1v and my board bench tested good I'm suspecting that wire....any idea where I can trace it to? It disappears under the sound board.
Thx

That wire follows a very long path... First thing I'd check is voltage at the sockets themselves. The first thing it does is connect to the high score and game over lights, so if those work but there's no voltage at the chaser lights then it's probably the connector from the door to the back box

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That wire follows a very long path... First thing I'd check is voltage at the sockets themselves. The first thing it does is connect to the high score and game over lights, so if those work but there's no voltage at the chaser lights then it's probably the connector from the door to the back box

thx...I check voltage at socket...getting mv so no real number.....ill have to chck those lights and look at that connector....thx!

#1232 7 years ago

Zacaj. More info. None of those lights you Mention are woriking. So problem not in conn for chaser lights. I need to trace that 6v wire. Is it fused?

Also my spinning motor conn is but but I got continuity. So it looks like it's the same 6v that runs the spinning disc motor.

Any more info where to track 6v further. Feel like I made progress

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Zacaj. More info. None of those lights you Mention are woriking. So problem not in conn for chaser lights. I need to trace that 6v wire. Is it fused?
Also my spinning motor conn is but but I got continuity. So it looks like it's the same 6v that runs the spinning disc motor.
Any more info where to track 6v further. Feel like I made progress

The 6V comes from A12J4 which should then head to the transformer panel in the bottom

#1234 7 years ago

Hoping I can see something obvious like a wire off

#1235 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The 6V comes from A12J4 which should then head to the transformer panel in the bottom

Traced wire to a BR where the label says 6v lamps. It tones for continuity.

Not sure what to do. Measured voltage at that lug. Getting Mv

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Traced wire to a BR where the label says 6v lamps. It tones for continuity.
Not sure what to do. Measured voltage at that lug. Getting Mv

You're touching the negative probe to ground while the positive probe is on the lug, right? What settings do you have your multimeter at? It should be set to DC when testing for the 6v.

Is the solder cracked on any of the lugs?

Next step, test the bridge rectifier: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Testing_a_Bridge_Rectifier

#1237 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You're touching the negative probe to ground while the positive probe is on the lug, right? What settings do you have your multimeter at? It should be set to DC when testing for the 6v.
Next step, test the bridge rectifier: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Testing_a_Bridge_Rectifier

I'm touching one probe to ground lug on BR. Other to lug and i am getting about 2.7 DC. I'm getting past my knowledge base now . Should I get 6v on the lug ?

#1238 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Forceflow i have the wire diagram that shows wires in question. Looks like the 6v splits off and goes to pf via sw a12jb. So I would think if BR was bad other areas needing 6v would be effected.

IMG_6139 (resized).JPGIMG_6139 (resized).JPG

#1239 7 years ago

My BH recently started having a speech issue.... after the game is on for a while (in attract mode), it eventually will say "do you dare to enter the black hole."

But there is zero speech during gameplay. None

I did recently move the game on a lift cart... wasn't a notably bumpy ride.

Hoping someone might have some insight.

Thanks!

#1240 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My BH recently started having a speech issue.... after the game is on for a while (in attract mode), it eventually will say "do you dare to enter the black hole."
But there is zero speech during gameplay. None
I did recently move the game on a lift cart... wasn't a notably bumpy ride.
Hoping someone might have some insight.
Thanks!

connectors....always connectors

#1241 7 years ago

Doesn't really make sense that the speech works in attract, tho...

Maybe a connector jarred loose during the move.

Finicky little bugger!

#1242 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Doesn't really make sense that the speech works in attract, tho...

I am pretty sure that attract mode speech will still come on even with no mpu in game.

I would check the two connections left of the 40 pin innerconnect. Along the bottom of CPU.

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I am pretty sure that attract mode speech will still come on even with no mpu in game.
I would check the two connections left of the 40 pin innerconnect. Along the bottom of CPU.

Ah.... okay. Will do! Sounds like a place where something could easily shake loose

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Yeah, attract mode is a setting on the sound board, no mpu involved

#1245 7 years ago

I'm at a snag in my BH project..Game is very nice and will be for sale soon but found out I'm missing a pretty important part...I just realized I am missing the ball release assembly for lower pf...I believe its the same as the one on upper pf....Hoping its the same as other Gottlieb's...If anyone has one of these or can tell me where to find one let me know..thx. Steve at pinball resource is seeing what he has...

#1246 7 years ago

I would think that Steve should have something. He usually always comes through. For my BH alone I have ordered from him three times in three weeks lol. It's always something, even when you think you have everything.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I would think that Steve should have something. He usually always comes through. For my BH alone I have ordered from him three times in three weeks lol. It's always something, even when you think you have everything.

Yep. He took the time to go through his inventory and put it together for me. He's been much nicer the last 6 months

#1248 7 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have a picture under the playfield of the cannon? I'm trying to figure where this wire goes

Looks like it goes to the anode side of the diode on the microswitch assembly.

#1249 7 years ago

Ya pbr! Just had to put in multiple orders for my gladiators. But they have that snow storm so there may be a delay.

#1250 7 years ago

Thx everyone for help with my Bh. Especially forceflow and zacaj. Replaced the 6v BR and I have Chase lamps. Really thought it would be a wire or connector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 3,291 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-club-members-only/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.