Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by frunch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

This machine has been riddled with issues since I acquired it about a month ago. I’ve slowly chipped away at shoddy, half-baked repairs and am close to having a working machine but not quite there yet. The machine powers on and initializes the displays after 5 seconds as it should however none of the relays engage. When pressing the start button, the game starts without sound and all solenoids/relays are dead. The playfield displays are all lit as they should be at the start of a game. Power supply is a new Rottendog, all four bridge rectifiers have been replaced, fuses are all good and correct values, MPU is a brand new Swemmer and the driver board is a known good spare I had (swapping with the original, produces the same symptoms).

Any help on suggested next steps is appreciated! Thanks

#4 6 years ago

Everything moves freely. Coil test does not work.

#6 6 years ago

Interconnect cable is known good also

#7 6 years ago

No power on any coil lugs

#9 6 years ago

Yes, all fuses are good, checked and checked again

#10 6 years ago

Solenoid fuse holder was loose. Relays and solenoids firing now but still no sound aside from the occasional explosion sound which randomly activates. Game starts and plays but randomly resets (displays shut off and game is unresponsive) on drain. Sometimes on the first drain and sometimes on the second.

#11 6 years ago

Ok, I found a burnt wire going to one of the coils and replaced it. Reset issue appears to be resolved but still no sound...

#13 6 years ago

This machine is one thing after the other... got the sound going, found loose wire on the harness between the driver board and sound board. Now I have the upkicker from the lower playfield getting locked on upon power up. I read somewhere there was a mod that required the use of a pop bumper board to drive the upkicker instead of the logic driving it from the driver board. I can’t seem to find a procedure for this mod. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some ideas on how to fix the issue otherwise? Thanks

#15 6 years ago

Looks like Q15 on the driver board is the culprit. I’ll order a replacement and report back. Thanks

#16 6 years ago

Replaced Q15 and the upkicker is no longer getting locked but is extremely weak and doesn’t kick the ball up the tube. I installed a new playfield transistor but that made no difference either. Coil is good and just to test, I replaced it and have the same result. Tube alignment also seems ok as the upkicker fires and isn’t obstructed. Not sure where to go next with this...

During all of the work I’ve done on this machine I noticed the pull up resistor mod was never done so I ordered the 4.7k’s along with new 2N5880’s to at least get that completed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-boots-but?tu=Cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.