• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2D685157-E277-472B-998C-2C4999CAFE39 (resized).jpeg
06EBE91A-F7BB-47F4-9FCC-BDA851620402 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I replaced an upper pf pop bumper board, now when the game boots after a few seconds it blows f5 the controlled lamp fuse. The back box motor spins , then before it can flash the controlled lamps is stops. The game plays fine otherwise.
Don’t believe the pop bumper board is related except that something shorter during. What’s the best way to trouble shoot this ?
Thanks

#2 2 years ago

If I disconnect the connector on the lamp driver that goes to the pf, will that tell
Me if it’s the the board?

#3 2 years ago

I disconnected a9j6 which is the connector under the pf that controls the lower pf controlled lights and the fuse blows still

Then I disconnected the a3j3 from the driver board and the fuse blows..
Does this rule out the driver board as the issue and leaves the upper pf sockets?

Thanks for any help.. waiting on a circuit breaker and more fuses to build a tester

#4 2 years ago

Test the bridge rectifier connected to F5 fuse.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Eliaja:

Test the bridge rectifier connected to F5 fuse.

I will look at that next. Waiting to make my fuse tester since I ate up a bag of them

#6 2 years ago

There are three relays under the pf.
The middle one has two switch stacks.
Is that one suppsed to be closed for 3 of the 4 switches?

06EBE91A-F7BB-47F4-9FCC-BDA851620402 (resized).jpeg06EBE91A-F7BB-47F4-9FCC-BDA851620402 (resized).jpeg2D685157-E277-472B-998C-2C4999CAFE39 (resized).jpeg2D685157-E277-472B-998C-2C4999CAFE39 (resized).jpeg
#7 2 years ago

Tested the bridge rectifier that goes to controlled lamps And it is good…
If that relay ( above photo ) doesn’t come into play has to be a socket ?

#8 2 years ago

After making the fuse tester, I was able to find the culprit. Somehow a socket, no where near where I had installed a new pop board, had a tab touching another socket.
I hope of someone else finds this info useful I’d rec to build a fuse tester if unsolved after 2-3 fuses

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-blows-controlled-lamp-fuse?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.