Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

173440789_1033177487211252_9075720094951894646_n (resized).png
168146310_2815363988723315_2959253604033738425_n (resized).jpg
1D20854E-C5C7-4E63-82DD-829084F49486 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

My driver board is orginal, and has been repaired previously it seems. I can swap in a new one to see if that changes things.
I did 2 things last night. Removed fuse 1,8 and then put them back in. Also pressed on the z13 chip on the driver board.
After, the the background sounds came
Back but the incorrect Sounds in game still play.. but different wrong sounds then before. The only ground I don’t have is a wire soldered to the mpu, but i didn’t think ni wumpf needs that.
I need to map what sounds play but I know the rollovers are correct when lit, then play the wrong one when not lit. The spinner had been playing the tilt, but now it’s another sound.
A new driver board will be where I head
Next. Thanks to all

Once an IC fails it usually stays in the fail state. It is rare they are intermittent. So if pushing on z13 chip changes your behavior I would think there is a flaky connection somewhere. Is that chip in a socket?

Z13 is a 7404 inverter. The output has the opposite of the input and is pretty easy to test with a logic probe On the schematic the left side of Z13 is the inputs. The right side is outputs. With the game in sound test you can check each input is receiving a signal and each output is opposite what is on the input.

A3J3 and A3J5 are involved too. Looks like these sound signals take a ride across a few connectors. I know you said you checked the connectors, but they are always the prime suspect when you have intermittent operation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-backround-sounds-stopped-wrong-sounds-play-during-gameplay?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.