2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Green5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Green5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Working on a Black Hole with new Pascal PI-80

The speech/sound board is original.
Speech Sound Board PS is original.

I have all sounds working except the background sound. It cut out & won’t come back.

Switch 5 for background sound is turned on.

Any thoughts?

I checked continuity between the edge connectors from the Speech board to the driver (A6-J1 to A3-J1)

Continuity is fine for Sounds, 1,2,4 & 8.

But the manual does not indicate what sounds those are.

Thoughts?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

See the Pinwiki page on BH, at the bottom it lists the bit maps for every sound. Example, background sound is 10100 so it uses sound 16 and sound 4. If all your other sounds are working (and making the correct sounds) then see if your background sound is turned on at the speech board, dip switch 5 must be 'on'.

Thank you. I did check out pinwiki. Dipswitch, switch 5 is turned on.

It’s very off because every other sound works & works when it should.

Quoted from frenchmarky:

See the Pinwiki page on BH, at the bottom it lists the bit maps for every sound. Example, background sound is 10100 so it uses sound 16 and sound 4. If all your other sounds are working (and making the correct sounds) then see if your background sound is turned on at the speech board, dip switch 5 must be 'on'.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Get a meter and check continuity - Not uncommon for dips to fail.

Good thinking. I thought that too. I’ll pull the board again and double check that dip switch.

Just have to find a new dip switch. Shouldn’t be too hard to locate a generic one.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Or you could just run a little jumper to close that circuit permanently. At very least it could be a way to test the theory first.

True. Yeah. I have some really good soldering skills and a good setup. I might test it with a jumper & then replace it.

Smart thinking.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Another test for the dip switches is to turn all of them on and then press the speech board test button, the test tone sound will lock on instead of just doing a single beep.

I wondered what that test button did.

Cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Green5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-background-sound-gone?tu=Green5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.