By solarvalue

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B6F01DF8-02A1-42A4-B265-B9AC377F4B85 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

My blackhole did the same thing when I bought mine and it was that way for a long time. One day I had the playfield up and I accidently pulled on a wire going to a fuse on the bottom of cabinet right behind coin box and they got bright. I had a poor solder connection to a fuse. I reflowed it and the chaser lights were nice and bright. They should not be dim. Hopefully you will find the samething I had. It could also be poor or dirty connection in the circuit. Do a wiggle test on the wiring to the chaser board and fuses. Goodluck. I sold mine and wish I kept it. That is the best gottlieb game of that era.

#3 3 years ago

I am braindead. My issue was in the rectifier circuit not the fuse. The terminal on mine lost connectivity. When I touched it the whole terminal wiggled and restored the lights. I changed it to a new one and it fixed it. It was many years ago and it just hit me on my drive home from work. Here is a picture, not from blackhole, but what they look like.

B6F01DF8-02A1-42A4-B265-B9AC377F4B85 (resized).jpegB6F01DF8-02A1-42A4-B265-B9AC377F4B85 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 years ago

Try wiggling those wires and see if yours are tight or broken. You can also check the voltage outputs off them.

#10 3 years ago

My machine chaser lights were dim and the speed of the chase on backbox was the same with dim or bright lights. I had a voltage problem to the bulbs. What he is describing sounds like the issue I had. It could be many things or something different, but I would start with checking the voltage output of the rectifier first then go from there. It would take less than five minutes to check. I had a bad leg and it was obvious with multimeter. Check the rectifier that feeds them. I dont have the manual anymore, but look at wiring and compare strings to identify the rectifier feeding them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-backglass-chaser-lights-seem-dim?tu=Loganpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.