(Topic ID: 110257)

Black Friday, Pinsider Help Needed for Comet Pinball

By OLDPINGUY

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How should A Black Friday Sale be Handled”

• Limit the sale to stock on hand, and when it sells out, thats it. 29 votes
      45%
    • Allow unlimited ordering, using the virtual "Raincheck" method, but Out of stock items will need 6-8 weeks, with 1 week to notify you. 35 votes
      55%

(64 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Greetings Guys,

I am actually losing my mind!

I could use your input here.

I have 2 choices, and I dont know what you would like best.

Should the Black Friday Sale items have only whats available, and when its sells out, thats it?

Or

Would you prefer "Rain Checks" so you can order all you want, and it would be around 5-7 days
    before you would know there was a back order, and shipping of your order 6-8 weeks later?

I dont have a way to combine.

Ill start a Poll, but since I have learned my lesson that I cant edit this, i have only these two ways at this time.

Thanks for the help....

Art

#2 9 years ago

I think the second option would be a huge amount of work for you on top of the black friday sale prices. I vote for current stock only.

#3 9 years ago

Current stock Art, you do enough to not have to deal with rainchecks.~SpOoKy

#4 9 years ago

Another vote for current stock only!

#5 9 years ago

Current stock, and have the sale be clear that that's what it is. Agreed that it's a lot more work the other way.

#6 9 years ago

first option is the best way to go, in my opinion.

#7 9 years ago

Current stock. That keeps you from going insane and lets others go elsewhere if they absolutely must have something before you'll have it in stock, meaning less 'upset emails' for you also.

#8 9 years ago

Thank you for the input so far.

I am fine either way. I hate to disappoint people.

The only issue is at some point every item with have an error as inventory isnt synced live with
    other selling streams as well as other bulk levels.

What that means is every item will end with someone not getting the last amount shown in some cases, be disappointed.

So Ill watch the thread, with great thanks, and go with the majority decision, with a few caveats....

#9 9 years ago

either way is cool with me...I have my list ready to go...if some of what I need is in inventory thats cool, if not, I can wait.

#10 9 years ago

Well the poll is 50/50, this went well in helping you decide. I'll camp the website if I have to, doesn't matter to me.

#11 9 years ago

I'd probably go with current stock especially if it's a sale.

Ryan

#12 9 years ago

I think rain checks are fine

#13 9 years ago

Art, I know it's not super helpful but I say go with your gut. Your loyal customers will appreciate the gesture either way. Do what will be of more benefit to you.

#14 9 years ago

I vote for NO BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS.

I order from Comet all the time and Art is the man! He busts his ass non-stop for what probably comes out to about $0.02/hour. He already has the lowest prices of anyone already.

What are you thinking Art? You'll probably end up taking a loss with any more discounts.

Sack up people, Art needs to make a living here too...

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

I vote for NO BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS.
    I order from Comet all the time and Art is the man! He busts his ass non-stop for what probably comes out to about $0.02/hour. He already has the lowest prices of anyone already.
    What are you thinking Art? You'll probably end up taking a loss with any more discounts.
    Sack up people, Art needs to make a living here too...

If Art's going to have a sale I prefer he take the easy way.

But you are right! His prices are good all the time and his service is great. He doesn't need a sale to keep my business.

#16 9 years ago

Do whatever is the easiest on yourself. You are a huge plus to the community and most would support you without a sale.

#17 9 years ago

Current stock - that's the sprit of BF anyway.
    I thought you were asking for help packing on BF.

#18 9 years ago

Just put in my order Art...thanks man...

#19 9 years ago

Patience is a virtue. We are nnothing if not patient.

#20 9 years ago

I voted for rain checks just so I can take my time ordering before all these fast Pinsiders take up all the stock but either way is fine. Just considering doing a rain check system shows how much you rock.

#21 9 years ago

OK, its 2 AM, we made it back from Freeplay...nice show, and a good 2 hour meetup at the Bar....pretty trashed.

Gosh this is tough...like I have fumes on a few numbers that were fully stocked just 2 weeks ago,
    and more will be in 2 weeks later, and I didnt want someone not to have what they needed.

Also a percentage of proceeds will go to pinside and project pinball, so that helps them,
    and yes its more work...but I can always get more. I am not worried about what I make..
    (I do worry about my health and sanity!)

Its also how I feel in a way to say sincerely thank you to all pinsiders who have trusted me with their purchase and grown with me in this first year.
    Part of me says, "why the need for the mad rush?" That you guys could order anytime over the weekend, and see what you might need, so you buy what you will use, and not spend more than you need to.

#22 9 years ago

Whatever you decide works for me Art, just try not to send me an extra order again, lol.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-pinsider-help-needed-for-comet-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.