Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by TaTa
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211006_041827 (resized).jpg
    20211006_032105 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.52.36 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.52.28 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.52.20 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.46.03 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.44.59 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.44.45 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.41.58 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.42.10 PM (resized).png
    598FD949-F40E-4786-9362-06085737B91A (resized).jpeg
    B512F7B9-7D30-45DD-AAE2-8DE025D52F39 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210910_111712 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210906_180329 (resized).jpg
    FullSet_V2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210517_160710 (resized).jpg
    There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

BLACK DIAMOND STRANGER THINGS PREMIUM / LE
    CANVAS SCREEN "Collective order"

BULK ORDER

Hello everybody,
    A complete set of BLACK DIAMOND canvas film for the STRANGER THINGS PREMIUM / LE pinball is available.
    The set contains some extra parts for the targets and the spinner.

The set is covered with a double-sided adhesive film on the back and a film on the front to protect the canvas surface.
    The canvas film is laser cut and can be installed directly.

Before installation, I recommend removing the old white stickers so that there are no unsightly white speed cameras behind the new gray BLACK DIAMOND film.

If there are adhesive residues on the ramps after removing the original white foil, they should be removed before the new decals are glued.

The BLACK DIAMOND canvas film is a rigid material and is very easy to install on the ramps and targets.

Here are a few pictures and videos from the built-in BLACK DIAMOND set in the STRANGER THINGS PREMIUM.

https://vimeo.com/519694611
    https://vimeo.com/519702063

Please register here so that I can get an overview of how high the demand for the flax wine is.

Due to the cost of the material, the price will be around € 200 / $ 240.
    I can say more precisely when it is clear what number of items should be produced.

Cheer's,
    Benjamin

IMG_20210208_092544 (resized).jpgIMG_20210208_092544 (resized).jpgIMG_20210208_155714 (resized).jpgIMG_20210208_155714 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Nice, put me on the list

#3 3 years ago

It must be something very special for that price.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Yes it is. The Material is freaking expensive.

#5 3 years ago

To be honest, I think we need some side-by-side videos to show the improvement to justify that kind of price.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

To be honest, I think we need some side-by-side videos to show the improvement to justify that kind of price.

Yes, side by side would be great!

#7 3 years ago

Just watched your videos comeoared to my game and I can’t tell a difference outside of the color of the material. Haha

#8 3 years ago

Here is a video where you can see the effect very well. More videos will follow with a direct comparison to the original slide.

#9 3 years ago

Okay so this is a solution for those that cannot or don’t want to play in a room where the room lighting can be controlled?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay so this is a solution for those that cannot or don’t want to play in a room where the room lighting can be controlled?

The contrast in daylight is significantly improved. The contrast in dark rooms is also improved compared to the original film. A nice side effect of the dark gray screen is that the pinball machine looks better when it is switched off.

#11 3 years ago

I think it’s worth it just to make the game look better when its off. People pay 300 for a lockdown bar button sculpt but won’t pay 240 to enhance the main feature of the prem/le?

#13 3 years ago

Please continue the list as follows ...

1) Munsters
    2) Pinlawyer

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rocco:

The contrast in daylight is significantly improved. The contrast in dark rooms is also improved compared to the original film. A nice side effect of the dark gray screen is that the pinball machine looks better when it is switched off.

Got it. Thanks! Too rich for my blood and I worry about their ability to withstand the ball smashing into them, but I look forward to hearing people’s reviews of them!

Thanks for putting this together.

#15 3 years ago

In if my ramp concern is addressed. See below.

#16 3 years ago

1) Munsters
    2) Pinlawyer

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rocco:

1) Munsters
    2) Pinlawyer
    3) MrMikeman

Before I sink this much money in this I need to see what the ramps look like though. I am concerned that given the angle the ramp animations may actually look worse with the black diamond. Show us some game play with target animations and JACKPOT ramp animations please.

#18 3 years ago

Final set in DinA3 with a lot of extra decals for the targets.

Pigture_DinA3_420x297_V1_Muster_Sample (resized).jpgPigture_DinA3_420x297_V1_Muster_Sample (resized).jpg
    #19 3 years ago

Definitely following to see side-by-side comparisons in-game. Ideally, one half of the game would be original and the other half with Black Diamond. That way we could see not only the difference on the vertical surfaces, but also on the curved and sloped ramps.

I play in a darkened basement, so this isn't a HUGE need for me, but the projector is so central to the mood and visuals, that I would be in if it was a significant upgrade across all the target surfaces.

#20 3 years ago

1) Munsters
    2) Pinlawyer
    3)Jecco74

#21 3 years ago

I can tell you all--as somebody who installed the Black Diamond material a year ago--it makes a HUGE difference in the image being projected. It's like going from a blu-ray disk to a 4k with HDR. The contrast is better, the colors pop much better because they're not washed out by the white screen, and the viewing angle from all angles is terrific because the material is designed to be used in a home theater. I do think the price is high...I paid about $30 to get two samples from the company. But these are precut (cutting and fitting the pieces was a bitch), and he did have to pay for shipping to Europe (and shipping back to North America if it's included in the cost).

One question: How do you get it to wrap around the ramp and other curved surfaces??? It's such thick material, I have no idea how you could get it to stick reliably. I just left the white panels on my ramps and did the main screen and all the targets.

#22 3 years ago

I don't know what Black Diamond material you used. My material is flexible and not very thick . There are no problems sticking the Declas to the ramps.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rocco:

I don't know what Black Diamond material you used. My material is flexible and not very thick . There are no problems sticking the Declas to the ramps.

I used the same one from the same company that makes Black Diamond. I mean, it's not THICK-thick...but even though it flexes and can bend into shapes, I would think it would create tension on the bends that would eventually weaken any adhesive and would detach. That's all I'm saying. But I think it's awesome you're offering this to people - where were you last year???

#24 3 years ago

I'd be in at half the price

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can tell you all--as somebody who installed the Black Diamond material a year ago--it makes a HUGE difference in the image being projected. It's like going from a blu-ray disk to a 4k with HDR. The contrast is better, the colors pop much better because they're not washed out by the white screen, and the viewing angle from all angles is terrific because the material is designed to be used in a home theater.

Usually high contrast material works well for home theatre because it doesn't reflect off angle light well (stray lighting). Therefore if you are projecting at a 15-20 degree angle (ramps) I would really like to see how reflective the material is. Also, does it stand up to having a steel ball running on it at high speeds repeatedly as well? I am a total believer for the other surfaces. I just can't see how the ramps would work well.

The main screen in the game is just eye candy. It's the other surfaces that really matter. Targets, ramps, spinner. I really want to see some gameplay and not just the test image.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Usually high contrast material works well for home theatre because it doesn't reflect off angle light well (stray lighting). Therefore if you are projecting at a 15-20 degree angle (ramps) I would really like to see how reflective the material is. Also, does it stand up to having a steel ball running on it at high speeds repeatedly as well? I am a total believer for the other surfaces. I just can't see how the ramps would work well.
    The main screen in the game is just eye candy. It's the other surfaces that really matter. Targets, ramps, spinner. I really want to see some gameplay and not just the test image.

I've been playing with it for a year. You can't even tell my targets have been hit repeatedly with steel balls. With the white targets, you almost immediately had the grey/black lines across the targets. You can't see it at all with this stuff. It seems indestructable.

Believe me when I say I have no horse in this race. Don't care one iota if you get it or not. For me, I'm glad I did - it's a huge improvement.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've been playing with it for a year. You can't even tell my targets have been hit repeatedly with steel balls. With the white targets, you almost immediately had the grey/black lines across the targets. You can't see it at all with this stuff. It seems indestructable.
    Believe me when I say I have no horse in this race. Don't care one iota if you get it or not. For me, I'm glad I did - it's a huge improvement.

OK I'll take your word for it.

Jecco74 add me back to the list.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

OK I'll take your word for it.
    jecco74 add me back to the list.

I guarantee the only thing you'll be disappointed in is the price.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I guarantee the only thing you'll be disappointed in is the price.

Oh I am... lol..

I just don't think I could source the material cheaply here up North.

#30 3 years ago

FFS the OP is not forcing anyone at gunpoint to buy this product. If you have a problem with the price then by all means feel free to offer up something similar to the group for less money.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

FFS the OP is not forcing anyone at gunpoint to buy this product. If you have a problem with the price then by all means feel free to offer up something similar to the group for less money.

Don't get touchy now. If you read my earlier post, he's providing a great service to STh owners and is entitled to charge whatever he likes. I hope he makes a ton off it...I really do. I, however, am entitled to bust balls (and have them busted back). I don't mean any disrespect by it, nor am I trying to damage his business. In fact, it looks like my endorsement of his product got him a sale.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't get touchy now. If you read my earlier post, he's providing a great service to STh owners and is entitled to charge whatever he likes. I hope he makes a ton off it...I really do. I, however, am entitled to bust balls (and have them busted back). I don't mean any disrespect by it, nor am I trying to damage his business. In fact, it looks like my endorsement of his product got him a sale.

And PS - I'm happy to keep bumping his thread so it gets more attention.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wasn't referring to you and if anything thought quite the opposite.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I wasn't referring to you and if anything thought quite the opposite.

My apologies!

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I think the price is very fair. In a time when people are paying $2000 for a topper or $500 for 2 LED light strips I think it is very fair.

#36 3 years ago

This would be awesome for you STh guys!! I have one of these projector screens for my home theater. It is beyond amazing!

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I think the price is very fair. In a time when people are paying $2000 for a topper or $500 for 2 LED light strips I think it is very fair.

Again...having to cut all those pieces yourself is a royal pain in the ass. So yes...one might argue that the price is fair and have a valid point.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again...having to cut all those pieces yourself is a royal pain in the ass. So yes...one might argue that the price is fair and have a valid point.

Are you being cranky again?

#39 3 years ago

Guys- This stuff is called Black Diamond. The half-price stuff is called Black Cubic Zirconia.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Guys- This stuff is called Black Diamond. The half-price stuff is called Black Cubic Zirconia.

LMAO

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Are you being cranky again?

What do you mean, again?

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

What do you mean, again?

ROFL, good point.

#43 3 years ago

I'm interested once the price is fully established and the product is ready (including knowing what shipping to the US brings it to). Also, are these precut or just traced on the uncut sheet?

#44 3 years ago

I currently have a 130” black diamond screen in my theater and used the same screen in a previous theater. I play with the lights off 99% of the time.

Put me on the list.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

1) Munsters
    2) Pinlawyer
    3)Jecco74

Add me to the list after
    MrMikeman
    Pinpickle
    Mank

Sorry if I missed someone in between

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

If it's the genuine Black Diamond material from Screen Innovations, it is indeed expensive material that would pose some risk to the seller if not popular enough, so the price would be justified in that case (provided the results are as stated).

I've been testing as much as I can for my own game as the stock washing out of the screen has made me feel nausea.

By far the greatest improvement I've made thus far is putting 1-3 layers of cardstock into all of the arrow inserts (planning on adding some to nearly every insert--it's also made the inserts better diffused and more pleasant to look at), and am about to experiment with some 3D printed cones to place on the sling LEDs to prevent light from going toward the screen (removing those LEDs after the other fixes shows it would make a giant difference).

I also discreetly blocked out the back half of the right ramp flasher, and removed the LED at the left of the shooter lane exit for now (one of the worst offenders).

After that, many of the materials that improved the quality with the stock lighting, no longer looked as good as the stock white screen.

Still hoping to try Black Diamond 1.4 at some point. Been very interesting to see how much of a difference each material makes.

What I originally thought would be great proved to be too shimmery once applied to the full main screen.

#47 3 years ago

I'm interested in a set, please add me to the list.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I don't care if it shows a big improvement, I will just play in the dark before I pay that kind of money.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

If it's the genuine Black Diamond material from Screen Innovations, it is indeed expensive material that would pose some risk to the seller if not popular enough, so the price would be justified in that case (provided the results are as stated).
    I've been testing as much as I can for my own game as the stock washing out of the screen has made me feel nausea.
    By far the greatest improvement I've made thus far is putting 1-3 layers of cardstock into all of the arrow inserts (planning on adding some to nearly every insert--it's also made the inserts better diffused and more pleasant to look at), and am about to experiment with some 3D printed cones to place on the sling LEDs to prevent light from going toward the screen (removing those LEDs after the other fixes shows it would make a giant difference).
    I also discreetly blocked out the back half of the right ramp flasher, and removed the LED at the left of the shooter lane exit for now (one of the worst offenders).
    After that, many of the materials that improved the quality with the stock lighting, no longer looked as good as the stock white screen.
    Still hoping to try Black Diamond 1.4 at some point. Been very interesting to see how much of a difference each material makes.
    What I originally thought would be great proved to be too shimmery once applied to the full main screen.

Interesting ideas by Medisinyl . I have a lot of mods and money wrapped up in my StHLE. I complained about the price, but I’ll probably be on the list once the final pricing is established.

#50 3 years ago

1) Munsters
    2) Pinlawyer
    3) Jecco74
    4) PinPickle
    5) Mank
    6) Cdonnerusmc

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-diamond-stranger-things-premium-le-canvas-screen-bulk-order?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.