New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 121039)

Black Alley Pinballs for Star Trek?

By CosmosBandit

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just saw these online.

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20black%20pearl%20pinballs.html

They look pretty cool. Comments by anyone that has purchased? They look good on paper, especially with the ST logo. Does this add anything to gameplay appearance or ball tracking? I wonder how the UV effect looks on these.

thx, COS

#2 5 years ago

I have a set of the all black pearls in my BSD....fun little MOD and looks cool as black balls get flung around the PF. I haven't noticed anything different from them and other pinballs....solid product.

#3 5 years ago

Do you find them any harder to track? And do they have any wear spots after use? tx--COS

#4 5 years ago

I have them for my Doctor Who and they are great.

#5 5 years ago

I have one in my Bally Star Trek, and they're really cool, but I must admit, I have trouble telling what it is when playing. I just can't see the insignia really, so not sure it's really worth it. It has to land in the shooter lane at rest just right to really get a good look at it. In a darker game, i can see where game play might be hard with the balls difficult to see. My $0.02.

#6 5 years ago

Goonie, cool that's exactly what I wanted to know: a good idea but not much bang for the buck over silvers it seems.

Would love to know if someone with a new ST could speak up about how they look during Klingon multiball with UV lights. Otherwise it sounds like a wash and a pass for me.....

COS

#7 5 years ago

Had an all black one in the past. Would use it for a captive ball, but was too hard to track while playing.

#8 5 years ago

They are bad ass... I ordered a handful for all my Star Trek Machines. They are very hard to see if you don't have external lighting. The best are proably the half/half because they strobe when rolling. I do love me some black pearls; but have stopped using them at shows.

Other than the tracking issue... the other issue I have with them is they are hand-crafted. which means no two ball are the same... and the insignas on the balls are not show accurate. A pet-peeve for my Star trek collection.

I hope to get some new ones in the future... or make my own.

#9 5 years ago

I would keep them as a novelty item. Display them on the gameroom somewhere. Pinball + Star Trek = can't go wrong

I had the web ones for my SM; you can't see the detail and in the end they're harder to see.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside