Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one do you like better?”

• Black AFM, by McCune, a time tested classic 48 votes
    76%
  • ACDC BIBLE, possibly one of the best Stern's every made 15 votes
    24%

(63 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have a question. I'll have a McCune special, the Black AFM with all the bells and whistles you can think of, and the ACDC BIBLE in the upcoming pinball party.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

justonemore said:afm never replaceable, congrats on restore
I played the AC/DC premium a few weeks ago at the Little Shop of Games open house. I'm not a big fan of AC/DC's music, so keep that in mind. If they come on the radio I won't change the station, but I'm going out to buy any of their CDs either. With that said, the game had a never ending line of people waiting to play it (everybody loves the latest and greatest right). I played it 4 or 5 times and it was a lot of fun. The color changing GI lighting effects were cool, the sounds were great, and surprisingly (for me anyway) the artwork was very nice as well. It was actually much beter than I thought it would be. Would I pay $6.5k for it? I don't think so, just because I'm not crazy about the theme. However, it was a fun game to play, but not AFM in my opinion. I think their are more toys on AC/DC and the sound quality is hands down better. I just like AFM more. At the end of the day I think the theme is very important for longevity and I like AFM's theme more.
Both games have great flow, so it just depends on what you like more. I suspect most people will say AFM. Enjoy your new restoration. Jim does great work, so you should have a real beauty with that title.

Great review. I haven't played acdc yet, let alone the Bible. I truly look forward to it. But, so far, AFM is my all time favorite, even more so, I'm sure, when I see and play Jim's work. But I do think that BIBLE brings together features which Stern hasn't reached to in the past. Will it exceed SM or LOTR in popularity? Only time will tell.

#14 11 years ago

Final tally looks like 75% AFM, 25% ACDC BIBLE. Interesting. I thought it would be even more lopsided. I guess some people don't like AFM, or have tremendous affection for the ACDC, which is, btw, a heck of a pin.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I cant wait to play the best of both worlds

Donny, I hope to put you in Pinball Heaven, just don't diverted to the Highway to Hell... lol

2 years later
#17 9 years ago

The time has come to sell my Black AFM. Here's the link with all the pics from start to finish, carried out by Jim McCune. Immaculate condition. The pics show all the adds, powder coating, color display, new playfield and everything else done by Jim to make this AFM exceptional. PM offers or questions.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/docscotts-afm-teardown-scott-it-has-officially-begun-33112

I'm posting it on the original thread as lots of pinsiders had interesting feedback as it was done.

#20 9 years ago

Yep, still hanging around mostly lurking. Time to change up some of my better games. Nice to see all you guys again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-afm-or-acdc-bible?tu=docscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.