15%
  • Avengers 42 votes
    25%
  • JP 87 votes
    51%
  • Nothing 15 votes
    9%

(169 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago

You really need to play them and see what you like. Lots of love for JP in this thread, and hate for BK. I personally am the opposite. I owned JP for 6 months and it was time to move it on. It's a good game, but just not a keeper for me. Haven't missed it one bit. BK (pro) on the other hand I have had over a year and I still love it. Yes, I hope for a bit more code polish, but even as-is I do not see it going anywhere for quite a while. I personally rate BK WAY ahead of JP...most would disagree...it's all a matter of opinion. AIQ I haven't gotten to play, but I think I will like it much more than JP as well. Looks like a fantastic game. All three are solid games and I am sure you'd be happy with any of them, but try your best to play them all first to see which one clicks best. And remember, it isn't hard to sell or trade these if they end up not being keepers. You aren't stuck with them forever. Best of luck!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

BK has a simple layout with boring code. How can you compare that to 2 great Elwin pins? You can’t.

Well, we CAN compare them because it's based on opinion. I literally compared them side-by-side for six months. BK is still here. JP is not. Layout is simple as a pure fan layout, but very refined and it shoots great. Very satisfying shots. In fact, I would rate the ramp-to-shield lock combo as one of my favorite combos in pinball. It just feels great. The code is far from boring. Each mode really feels like a unique battle, culminating in a brawl with BK himself. Pure adrenaline. I always walk away from that game exhausted and with my heart pumping. That isn't boring. I wish it had a little more breadth (give the pro catapult multi please Tim!) and a few tweaks, but beyond that, it's great code. JP has more unique shots, and some interesting code, but I ultimately didn't find it very satisfying. Obviously a lot of people do, but that doesn't make those that like something else wrong. Thankfully there are machines for every taste. We do not all have to like the same things.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

But like, how?

Map it somewhere that stops the ball. I'd use the far left VUK since the shield is already used for TKC locks. I wouldn't mind if they made you light lock at the right orbit to give me a reason to shoot over there. Or you could even use every so many u-turn orbits per "lock". I donno...but it's certainly not impossible and would give that one extra layer that I wish was there.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I agree with that. But specifically with code, there’s a LOT more put into JP than BK. And some of the scoring is way out of whack.

Yeah...JP is definitely deeper and does some unique stuff. I just wish more of it was as exciting as the T-Rex modes. If the rest would have been anywhere near that level, I might have kept mine. I just found the paddocks super repetitive and kind of dull. Control room stuff was ok. Wizard modes were ok, but nothing that really grabbed me (other than Nublar...that was pretty awesome). Can't put my finger on exactly why it didn't click with me, but it just didn't. Had a super strong honeymoon, but once that wore off I was just completely done with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,999 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-vs-avengers-iq-vs-jp?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.