(Topic ID: 255555)

BKSOR Upper Playfield Restore

By schudel5

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 4 years ago

I have a BKSOR Premium on route now for about 6 months. I haven't checked the audits lately but I'm guessing it has somewhere near 4,000 plays on it. The upper playfield is getting fairly cloudy. I've removed it and cleaned it as best as I can, but it's definitely not crystal clear. Other than the WAR rollovers really not much you need to see under there anyways.

Question is, has anyone tried flame polishing the upper playfield? I have a new one to install eventually, but wanted to know if that playfield can be flame polished at all to keep it looking clear for a while.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I have a BKSOR Premium on route now for about 6 months. I haven't checked the audits lately but I'm guessing it has somewhere near 4,000 plays on it. The upper playfield is getting fairly cloudy. I've removed it and cleaned it as best as I can, but it's definitely not crystal clear. Other than the WAR rollovers really not much you need to see under there anyways.
Question is, has anyone tried flame polishing the upper playfield? I have a new one to install eventually, but wanted to know if that playfield can be flame polished at all to keep it looking clear for a while.

I’d use a small orbital polisher with some quality polishing compounds first before I’d flame polish it. The advantage for flame polishing plastic ramps is that they are not flat, which makes regular machine polishing difficult.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I’d use a small orbital polisher with some quality polishing compounds first before I’d flame polish it. The advantage for flame polishing plastic ramps is that they are not flat, which makes regular machine polishing difficult.

I agree.

2 months later
#5 4 years ago

My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd game in my LE the ball gets stuck under 3rd flipper on the upper playfield. I need to tape that extra piece of plastic that fills in the hole to the upper playfield to prevent a ledge or step that ball gets stuck on?

I don't understand the engineering behind this design. Seems prone to failure IMO.

2 weeks later
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd game in my LE the ball gets stuck under 3rd flipper on the upper playfield. I need to tape that extra piece of plastic that fills in the hole to the upper playfield to prevent a ledge or step that ball gets stuck on?
I don't understand the engineering behind this design. Seems prone to failure IMO.

You need to remove the flipper and add a fender washer to the bushing. This will keep the flipper plastic from sagging.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 16.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-upper-playfield-restore?hl=turbo2nr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.