pasted_image (resized).png
whitney_houston (resized).jpg
IMG_20190602_203934 (resized).jpg
69B76941-7EC0-4F1E-BD0A-F28863EDBC12 (resized).jpeg
FA1F4A47-9A56-4DD5-A256-0AD9E7C0E846 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190526_184811 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190526_184817 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190526_184832 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Howdy folks, just wanted to see what people thought. Just got a nib bksor pro. Everything is flawless except this missing strip of wood / crack. I can't really see if from the players point of view but I'm worried as time goes by it will crack up into the playfield. This is my frist nib so I wanted to check with folks and see if this is normal before contacting my distro / stern. Like I said everything else is stellar so I don't want this to be a stern bashing thread more so just curious if I should even care about it. Thanks!
IMG_20190526_184811 (resized).jpgIMG_20190526_184811 (resized).jpgIMG_20190526_184817 (resized).jpgIMG_20190526_184817 (resized).jpgIMG_20190526_184832 (resized).jpgIMG_20190526_184832 (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

Ty to everyone for their thoughts. I'll send my distro an email and see what he thinks. Thanks!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I would say that is less than ideal but understandable and acceptable given the location of it. Doubt it will spread or anything like that.
Asking for a new playfield isn’t much help unless they are putting it in too.
Nine times out of ten people complain and demand a new playfield.
They sell it later because the flaw” never bothers them enough to do the swap”

Wait I thought they send a populated playfield and I send back the damaged one? Is that not the case? Very unlikely I'd do a full pf swap. I just bought the game. I see exactly why people wouldn't do that, it's a ton of work. If it is just swapping a populated playfield then no problem but otherwise that seems kind of unreasonable.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I would say that is less than ideal but understandable and acceptable given the location of it. Doubt it will spread or anything like that.
Asking for a new playfield isn’t much help unless they are putting it in too.
Nine times out of ten people complain and demand a new playfield.
They sell it later because the flaw” never bothers them enough to do the swap”

Also ty for chiming in it makes me feel better about it given someone with your level of experience chiming in. Regarding it spreading. But yeah I mean if they just send me a pf then I guess I'd take it but man that seems kind of like a lazy way to fix the issue.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Its only the top layer of ply. Its outside the artwork. Its filled with clear and smooth to the touch, right? I don't see the problem here.

It is not filled with clear and isn't smooth to the touch if so I'd agree. Like when I run my finger over the surface it feels like ply wood under it not smooth and certainly not like a clear coat. It almost looks like it chipped from the edge and someone pulled up on it and that is where it stopped so they were like meh let's just ship it and see if anyone cares. Otherwise I'm not sure how that would pass QC.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Some people may say it's minor because it is not their machine. If it was, It would probably be a major deal especially since it is brand new.
When you go to sale, you will not get top price with that flaw.

This is good to note and I hadn't thought about it. Not that I want to sell but you never know lol.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

From a resell stand point....for the same price....would you buy one with, or without the defect?

Without

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And there are plenty out there for people to pick from. Given the issues, your particular game would be on the bottom of this list unless it had a pretty decent discount

Again to be clear I don't plan on selling I've had my Bk2k forever and still love it just called my distro and he is working with stern to get a populated pf sent to me

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Keep us posted to what takes place. I am just about to possibly buy a nib game or two. I’d like to know what happens.

You got it, I assume they will take their sweet time but who knows. in the mean time I am enjoying the game. It is EPIC!

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

does not look smooth to the touch to me, but I could be wrong. Looks like a crack.

Yup its not lol It's certainly not filled with clear either

#59 4 years ago

Nada I emailed my distro to see if they had an update but nothing yet. Hopefully it will work out

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Would a few drops of clear fill in that crack nicely?
Why not start there?
-mof

Not a few drops I think it would need to be several drops and several layers. Plus Idk they might not take it back if I mess with it.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess be happy it is not this (yet)[quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa yeah glad I don't have any of that. Wtf. Is that the clear coat being pushed up by pressure from the post? Lol. What is the cure time on these 15 minutes good God. That shit doesn't seem normal to me.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I have the same problem with my IMDN Pro, and Stern refused to do anything. I went back and forth between them and my distributor and jumped through all the hoops, but in the end it was decided by the powers that be that it was normal. What a bunch of BS.

Those powers at be need to go directly to hell. That shit is not normal. Imagine buying a car with that issue and the dealer just saying oh yeah its normal we don't care. F that man.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sadly it seems to be happening since maiden. See it on maiden, Beatles, and now bk3000. Started around 300 plays I would guess.

Wait is that happening on yours?

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Imagine that pf on the line sans apron.....and no one said whoa, wtf.... it has to be pretty f’n obvious with no apron. If it’s not cleared over and solid I would absolutely reject it. At a minimum it needs to have clear injected into the opening, sanded, polished. Otherwise moisture will get in between the layers. Compound that with the ball rolling over it and cracking the existing clear.

My thoughts exactly. I think they will fix it. But I better not have any of that clear coat rings shit. That shit is unacceptable.

#77 4 years ago

One of the blubs kept causing a node board to turn off my white lower gi. Had to test them one at a time to find which one was bad. Seems like pretty bad quality when a game has like 50 plays on it and the led just shorts out and the end user has to diagnose what's wrong. I know it's pinball but damn man. Never had that happen with comet leds. I wonder who stern uses. On the base of the bulb it says stern so I assume they make them. Oh well. It's fixed and good to know the node boards catch issues like that. Love this game hahaha
IMG_20190602_203934 (resized).jpgIMG_20190602_203934 (resized).jpg

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Your supposed to go through distributor first. Just saying that’s what I was told.

Same here. I'm going this route at the moment if it doesn't pan out then I'll contact them directly but my distro seems to be pretty confident they will fix it. I'm just playing the hell out of it in the mean time hahaha. Super fun game

2 weeks later
#88 4 years ago

Good news everyone Stern has agreed to replace my playfield.

#91 4 years ago

It will be populated. Oddly I have to wait for them to finish the playfield then they ship me a box which I put my playfield in and once it gets to them then they will ship me a new one. Kind of annoying the game will be down for that long while waiting for the new pf to come back to me but meh it could be worse . The Stern rep was super nice he even said to keep playing it and enjoying the game while waiting.

He asked me if it was on route, or at home. It's at home, I wonder if they would have done things faster if it was on location.

Quoted from Whysnow:

great to hear!

my question also

1 month later
#101 4 years ago

Still no replacement. I guess with JP shipping now they will be even slower to fix this

11 months later
#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Soooooo, Stern never send out a populated pf. Now we'll see what the resale value will be. I'm interested but have no room. So I would need a deal to good to pass up.

Yup, basically I've asked them every month by both phone call and email about the status and they just keep saying they don't have one in the wear house (Which makes sense if you never save one to put one away for a customer you screwed over). My last contact was last month and they gave me the same excuse. The fact is they don't care and it shows. As a note they have been friendly when I've followed up about it but, there is little value in that at this point. I'll be glad when it sells and I never have to buy another .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-possible-playfield-issue-question?tu=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.