Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hayfarmer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 years ago

Saw a lot of love for BKSOR on the TWIPY awards. I haven't followed that game and was a bit surprised of all the mentions which got me thinking.
I have a IMDN pro and just started thinking of maybe swapping its spot out for a BK pro or premium.

#2 4 years ago

I have both. I love my bksor pro, but it dosent compare one gameplay to maiden pro. That said, bksor pro is much, much more popular with guests... only person that plays maiden is me, or other pinheads.

#3 4 years ago

IRON MAIDEN!

#4 4 years ago

Love BK3, but it isn't in the same zip code as Maiden.

#5 4 years ago

Maiden

#6 4 years ago

Lol...no contest...Maiden.

#7 4 years ago

Hands down, Iron Maiden. Not even really a contest.

#8 4 years ago

BK is a rad game. Fast and brutal with gobs of style and attitude..plus it looks fantastic. I agree that it's no Maiden though. I wouldn't want BK in a small collection TBH.

#9 4 years ago

Iron Maiden is the better pin.

Bksor rightfully won best music and sound effects. It also won for best topper. If those 2 things are extremely important to you, then I would give it more weight, but IM is literally better in just about every category you could rate them both in.

#10 4 years ago

Enjoyed IM in the beginning ..music and theme is on point .... but got old quick ...
the shots for the ramps were difficult , especially shooting between 2 pop bumpers , that’s luck right there . The game got boring to me ...and I’m a hard core IM fan from the 80s . Same old call outs... mummy lock ,shoot up the middle blah blah blah ..I have Star Wars Premium now and love it . Can’t walk away , so many modes and speed/flow..Something IM lacked IMO . I will be purchasing a BKSOR soon , the flow and speed plus metal music +

#11 4 years ago

Maiden for sure

#12 4 years ago

Maiden is much, much better.

#13 4 years ago

Both is the clearly the best answer to ur query. Don't listen the haters of BK3 its an amazing pin. Like a system 11 on steroids just fast and furious with great music if u like that kind of music. But not all that deep. Maiden is a deep marathon type game. I need both kinds.

#14 4 years ago

Iron Maiden.

#15 4 years ago

I love my BK. It's a true battle...100% adrenaline and as brutal as they come. The art and A/V assets are awesome if you are into fantasy and metal. Tons and tons of personality and awesome characters.

But...you are putting it against one of the greatest games ever made. Maiden definitely has a more interesting layout and deeper rules. More to shoot at, more to do.

Tough call. Most people are going to tell you Maiden hand's down. I personally (slightly) prefer BK, but I know I am in the minority (and to be fair...I haven't owned a Maiden, yet). Since you already have Maiden, you know what you are getting there. If you are done with it and ready for a change, go for it.

#16 4 years ago

This choice requires no thought........Iron Maiden

#17 4 years ago

I own both.

IMDN wins with layout and rules. Art is subjective. BK has tons of personality missing from other games. It has ‘soul’ and is a total hoot to play.

BK is also easy to understand. I’m still struggling with some aspects of IMDN. In BK, you’re battling monsters while the bad guy makes fun of you. In IMDN, you’re ... shooting stuff.

Both great, but very different.

#18 4 years ago

Maiden for sure. I play BKSOR about 20 times. Once you learn to play it controlled, it's a pretty easy game. IMHO, the layout contradicts itself. It is built for speed, but the flow just isn't there. I was dying so quickly that I just played controlled. I did very well. Played for a long time, but I could already see the lack of depth in the game if you play that way. Get IM if you want crazy fast and fun.

That being said, it does have the best music/lights combo in pinball history. It's got great drive, and the centre lights are crazy awesome, not to mention the fire at the back. Fun, but not worth owning.

6 months later
#19 3 years ago

I am in the process of getting a BKSOR Prem and being an IM fan / kid of the 80's thought I had to have it when I found out about it. My pinball league has one where we compete and to be honest I was underwhelmed by something I thought I would absolutely love. Only played it a few times so far so I guess I need to play it and get further than 48M to enjoy it and open it up but I do enjoy the fast pace and brutal nature of BK. Especially the call outs and optional 6 ball multi ball. The only pin I own at the moment is an Aerosmith Prem. Some others games I think I am interested in owning at some point and would appreciate your thoughts on would include Monster Bash SE, IM Prem of course, and for some reason I am captivated by Oktoberfest.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Tough call. Most people are going to tell you Maiden hand's down. I personally (slightly) prefer BK, but I know I am in the minority (and to be fair...I haven't owned a Maiden, yet).

I know Maiden is the popular choice, but I love BKSoR. I play at a location that has 20+ pins including all the recent Stern’s. I find myself going back to BK more often than a lot of the others. That’s not to say Maiden isn’t a great pin. It is, but there is something about BLSoR that pulls me in. Maybe it’s the feeling of being in a true battle. In any event, it’s underrated if nothing else.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Toddolie:

I am in the process of getting a BKSOR Prem and being an IM fan / kid of the 80's thought I had to have it when I found out about it. My pinball league has one where we compete and to be honest I was underwhelmed by something I thought I would absolutely love. Only played it a few times so far so I guess I need to play it and get further than 48M to enjoy it and open it up but I do enjoy the fast pace and brutal nature of BK. Especially the call outs and optional 6 ball multi ball. The only pin I own at the moment is an Aerosmith Prem. Some others games I think I am interested in owning at some point and would appreciate your thoughts on would include Monster Bash SE, IM Prem of course, and for some reason I am captivated by Oktoberfest.

I'd pass on mb se , had one and its not near ad good as le was. Didn't think the few differences mattered but they do. Had a maiden prem , just sold. Great pin. Never tried oct fest

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Wanted
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-or-imdn?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.