New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 249139)

BkSOR no power

By NortheastPinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NortheastPinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

417920B3-B95E-4B5E-80EF-B8DFDC330A4D (resized).jpeg
F997DD2A-7FAF-4158-9F13-37393FBCF65C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 3.11.02 PM (resized).png
15654637832556671736723183662965 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Black Knight Sword of Rage,
Was playing fine last night went to turn it on and got no power, check the fuse that's good got power in the auxiliary plug...any help would be greatly appreciated

15654637832556671736723183662965 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

There are indicator lights for all the various voltages on the CPU board. Which ones don't light up when power is on?

#3 1 year ago

Your cpu might be dead.

#4 1 year ago

Reseat your SD card. Here are the voltage lights:

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 3.11.02 PM (resized).png
#5 1 year ago

I can do that but I literally have no power

#6 1 year ago

So the 48V LED on the CPU board is not red? Its a tiny LED on the board. I would check all the connections in the backboox first. Reseat.

#7 1 year ago

No power, absolutely nothing I don't have a tester on me so you think it's possibly just the switch

#8 1 year ago

If you do not get a 48V light, it sounds more like a power supply issue. I would call Stern on Monday.

#9 1 year ago

Check the cord connection on the back of the head and wiggle it around while reseating it. My deadpool sometimes has this issue.

#10 1 year ago

Yeah did that

Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Check the cord connection on the back of the head and wiggle it around while reseating it. My deadpool sometimes has this issue.

#11 1 year ago

In the second picture you should have all six lights to the left of center on one at the top DFC, and two that are blinking . In the first picture you have one light on the note board which is right next to the power supply. If you don’t have all six lights on the main CPU on your board is probably toast and call your distributor on Monday
DFC- Dead Fking Center

F997DD2A-7FAF-4158-9F13-37393FBCF65C (resized).jpeg
417920B3-B95E-4B5E-80EF-B8DFDC330A4D (resized).jpeg

#12 1 year ago

Sorry about the order of the pics. And I know that if those six lights aren’t on from experience,that it is the CPU. I had the exact same thing happened

#13 1 year ago

The other thing you could try which is what stern tech-support will have you do on the phone, is if you have another spike game where you switch the SD cards see if it boots with the SD card from the other game.

#14 1 year ago

I wish I could see something but I got nothing, I'm thinking maybe the on off switch broke. I know it sounds simple but has to be that

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from NortheastPinball:

I wish I could see something but I got nothing, I'm thinking maybe the on off switch broke. I know it sounds simple but has to be that

Did you check outlet power? Try plugging in at a different outlet if you don’t have the equipment to test it right now.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:Did you check outlet power?

If he had no outlet power he wouldn't have power at the service outlet, as he said in post one.

got power in the auxiliary plug

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If he had no outlet power he wouldn't have power at the service outlet, as he said in post one.

Missed that, my mistake.

#18 1 year ago

Well hopefully Monday Stern will stand by their product and help me out

#19 1 year ago

Well hopefully Monday Stern will stand by their product and help me out

I am pretty sure they won't leave you hanging on a recent release like this. At least I hope not.

If they put Steve Ritchie on and he just gives his Black Knight laugh and says something like "gimme your money" that would be funny but it seems highly unlikely

#20 1 year ago

A DMM would really help here, but without that I would take a close look at your connections where the outside power wires connect inside the head. It is a simple push on connection and the male ends can and do come loose from time to time. Make sure your wires are pushed on securely. This is relatively easy to do and will eliminate one potential cause.

#21 1 year ago

Everyone I want to thank you for your input as crazy as this sounds I did go through Stern and it was a crazy idea I had that it might be just as simple as the on switch. They sent me the on switch I put it in it fired up. Thanks everybody

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 94.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside