69 days ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Lyman 2019 (resized).jpeg

#1 69 days ago

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on Stern's upcoming Black Knight 3000 pinball.

For instance:

1. Two-level playfield?
    2. Lyman coding?
    3. Zombi Yeti on art?
    4. Money saved from non-licensed theme results in a "loaded" game, with more mechs/toys?
    5. Etc., etc.

#2 69 days ago

It exists. It will be very black knightish...loops...magnet(s)....playfield(s)....knights...drops...flippers...multiball...maybe even more

#3 69 days ago

Steve Ritchie will design the playfield and voice Callouts.

#4 69 days ago

It has the flowest of flow.

#5 69 days ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on Stern's upcoming Black Knight 3000 pinball.
    For instance:
    1. Two-level playfield?
    2. Lyman coding?
    3. Zombi Yeti on art?
    4. Money saved from non-licensed theme results in a "loaded" game, with more mechs/toys?
    5. Etc., etc.

All of this stuff.

#6 69 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All of this stuff.

Zombi Yeti on art? I think more old school artist.

#7 69 days ago

Kevin O’Connor is the artist. Steve said so.

#8 69 days ago

Thanks, PinBait, for your response.

Interesting.

I know nothing about this artist so I will look him up on IPDB.

Anyone else?

#9 69 days ago

I'm a little embarrassed:

Kevin O'Connor is a heavyweight for sure. AC/DC, MB, TSPP, ST, 24, Avatar, Congo, Dirty Harry, and many, many more.

#10 69 days ago

If Steve is working on it. I hope Lyman for code.

LTG : )

#11 69 days ago

I’m hoping for Lyman as well. Hopefully this game is Iron Maiden good

#12 69 days ago
    Quoted from PinBalt:

Kevin O’Connor is the artist. Steve said so.

That's old school, been doing it since late 70's.

#13 69 days ago

At the risk of bumping my own thread, I'm most curious to hear insight into questions number one and four.

Will the game have a two-level playfield? Is that a BK standard?

And will the money saved by using a non-licensed theme be spent, in part, on extra features - like, say, the two-level playfield?

#14 69 days ago

The thing about this that kills me is here is Stern doing version 3 of a Williams series game.....With a Steve, Kevin, and Lyman combo, they could put together a hell of a game with this theme.

Lyman 2019 (resized).jpeg
    #15 69 days ago

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but who owns the rights to the pinball term "Black Knight"? Could Stern even use any/all parts of that name?

#16 69 days ago

Hope it kicks ass, sad I’ll probably never be able to afford one, jealous of those who will....

I really think Sterns been doing great stuff lately but in this case I hope they do tone it down a bit. Both BK games are among my all time favorites, but part of
    that comes from the brutal speed and simplicity of the games. I hope it keeps the flow and spirit of the originals intact.

#17 69 days ago

The original Black Knight is the first game my family had in our basement. I’ve owned BK and BK2K a couple times but got bored with them. I’m really hoping this game is something special. If so an LE is what I’ll be looking for

#18 69 days ago

Theme is awesome, if they can match the level of art and music from bk2000, and then add modern pin depth of rules it will be the stuff dreams are made of! Hope this is legit

#19 68 days ago

Steve Ritchie said next friday theyll be revealing secrets at tpf. I hope it is live streamed

#20 68 days ago

I personally think Steve should redo Superman based off of Christopher Reeve instead of Black knight 3. Would be ALOT more fun
    and target a bigger group of people.

#21 68 days ago

Cool magnet usage. Upper playfield. Premium and LE only, no Pro.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#22 68 days ago

If Black Knight 3000 is to be Steve Ritchie's last game I really hope Lyman is on the code as well. New music of course will be nice but they have to try and get the main theme from Black Knight 2000 licensed for the game for at least 1 mode. LE model needs to come with a mirrored back glass.

It would be pretty cool to have 3 wizard modes in the game that incorporate the past games. The first mode would change the sounds of the game to match that of the original Black Knight, wizard mode 2 would play the Black Knight 2000 theme song, and then have a wizard mode for Black Knight 3000.

1 week later
    #24 59 days ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

For instance:
    1. Two-level playfield?
    2. Lyman coding?
    3. Zombi Yeti on art?
    5. Etc., etc.

Are they putting it in a real cabinet ?
    Real lockdown mech ?

#25 59 days ago

I just hope it's better than recent offerings from Stern.

Fingers crossed.

#26 59 days ago
    Quoted from erak:

Fingers crossed.

What?

#27 54 days ago

I personally think every game has become worse and worse in quality, gameplay, rules (points salad) and mechanics.

Just my opinion though.

#28 54 days ago
    Quoted from erak:

I personally think every game has become worse and worse in quality, gameplay, rules (points salad) and mechanics.
    Just my opinion though.

So you think Iron Maiden is a turd?

#29 54 days ago
    Quoted from erak:

Just my opinion though.

Points salad!

I love it!

#30 54 days ago
    Quoted from erak:

Just my opinion though.

Be careful. I questioned the rules in the BK3 release thread and was attacked relentlessly by a few people and now apparently hate Stern games lol.

Seriosuly thpugh, is it the focus on points versus an objective based ruleset in a lot of modern Sterns that you are not a fan of? Just curious as Stern has done a lot of unique rules work as well recently.

#31 54 days ago
    Quoted from erak:

Fingers crossed.

Yeah , I mean those recent games like IMDN, DP and BM66 just suck hey.......sheesh

#32 54 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Be careful. I questioned the rules in the BK3 release thread and was attacked relentlessly by a few people and now apparently hate Stern games lol.

Come on, whenever u criticise Stern theres a strong smell of JJP erogance attached to it. Thats what causes the backlash and its the same when one trys this in a JJP thread so u can't win either way. Best thing to do unless you want the hate like me is silence, silence is golden.

#33 53 days ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Come on, whenever u criticise Stern theres a strong smell of JJP erogance attached to it. Thats what causes the backlash and its the same when one trys this in a JJP thread so u can't win either way. Best thing to do unless you want the hate like me is silence, silence is golden.

All I mentioned was that I'm not a fan of Sterns use of super / power modes as they are often mundane with the same shot being hit again and again. I also said JJP has done this as well (mainly with WOZ) in the exact same post. It was a general thread and so criticism should be expected but some sadly became rude and insulting then twisted my words, go figure.

#34 53 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All I mentioned was that I'm not a fan of Sterns use of super / power modes as they are often mundane with the same shot being hit again and again. I also said JJP has done this as well (mainly with WOZ) in the exact same post. It was a general thread and so criticism should be expected but some sadly became rude and insulting then twisted my words, go figure.

I hear ya, Feel the anger and embrace it or silence.

#35 53 days ago
    Quoted from Wotto:

Yeah , I mean those recent games like IMDN, DP and BM66 just suck hey.......sheesh

Yup. I personally think they are terrible.
    That's my opinion though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 109.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 82.00
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside