(Topic ID: 262417)

Bk2k vs WW

By Spagano314

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Bk2k or WW”

• Black Knight 2000 4 votes
      11%
    • Whirlwind 33 votes
      89%

(37 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I have owned a Black Knight 2000 for a couple years now. I do really enjoy the game it’s been a very reliable machine. I have wanted a Whirlwind for a while and have an opportunity to buy buy one from a friend. I want to hear from people that have owned both. Which one do would you prefer in a 7 game collection. I own a BoP that I cannot sell. It’s my wife’s favorite machine. It’s also a right flipper heavy game and I have said for years that we don’t need both. I’m really on the fence about getting rid of Bk2k. Just want to hear peoples thoughts.

#2 4 years ago

I prefer Whirldwind.

#3 4 years ago

I’ve played both quite a bit and I think whirlwind is a much better game.

#4 4 years ago

I have both and they are both good. My BOP went down the road a long time ago. Since you are stuck with that I would probably go for Whirlwind.

#6 4 years ago

WW is possibly the best system 11, BK2K is one of the worst, imo

#7 4 years ago

WW is killer. The more you play it, the more you'll understand strategy. It's deep for a system 11. I'm on my second, and it's going no where.

BK2k is decent, but for me, it's lacking in shots. Upper pf games aren't my thing. I like longer shots. The music is great however and the thing is gorgeous with leds.

BOP I sold awhile back. It's really a one shot wonder, as you know. And also, it feels too congested.

Get WW. ORRRRR pinbot or taxi. Those are the top 3 system 11 pins imo. However, I'm still looking for a diner to compare (sorry MOF if you disagree)

#8 4 years ago

I'd love to get a BK2K some day, play one extensively locally, and currently own a WhirlWind.

In my opinion, WhirlWind is the superior game. It shoots you to shoot a much wider variety of shots that BK2K does, has some great randomness, and the topper is cool.

Another point others have not yet brought up, is that WhirlWind can set up for 3 minute games of 30 minute games... depending on how you set up the outlanes. I have never played a game where adjusting the outlanes makes as big a difference as this one does.

Black Knight looks better and sounds better though.

I am always a fans of switching up the lineup and would 100% recommend WhirlWind here.

#9 4 years ago

Whirlwind. Absolutely no comparison between the two.

#10 4 years ago

I think both are terrific games. Completely different in terms of play. Do you need to get rid of the Bk2k? Can you turn it vertical and shove it in a corner somewhere. Then if WW doesnt end up living up to your hopes, you can bring the Bk2k back out. You can also see if you miss the Bk2k, I think its pretty easy to move a WW, so I doubt you'd be stuck for a loss..
    Just my opinion.

#11 4 years ago

Whirlwind is an all time classic. One of the very best of its era. BK2K has really good music. Easy choice.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-vs-ww and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.