(Topic ID: 285637)

BK2K pop bumpers (L+R)

By pinballshack

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have tried everything to get the left and right pop bumpers working. Even put in a new MPU. The switches are working and when I ground the tab they fire. Both have new coils and no diodes because the APS has the diodes on it. So new MPU, new coils, signal getting there, Whats left?

#2 3 years ago

I know it sounds silly, but check the slow blow fuse under the upper playfield. (It can be seen in this picture right next to the rollovers. https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=311&picno=35136&zoom=1). My Rollergames has a similar fuse and when it blows, the jet bumpers act screwy and the upper flipper becomes weak.

#3 3 years ago

I did check that fuse and it is good and since ONE of the three bumpers work, that sort of confirms the fuse is good but thanks. Anyone else have an idea. I will be looking at it again today to try to figure it out.

#4 3 years ago

Did you check for continuity thru both the backbox interconnect and upper pf interconnect boards? (Not just tone it)

I would also try and move the problem. IE: cross jump slings to pops(one pop to one sling via an undone connector), I use an alligator clip and a couple of old connector pins. I would cross check both switch and solenoid. If problem moves, you've eliminated pf.

Hope this helps.

#5 3 years ago

I didnt know what else to do so I pulled the new MPU out of it, put it on the bench and tested the transistors again. Turns out, two of them were bad. They arent 102's or 122's but MOSFETs. Now I have to wait until I get the ones I ordered. I believe this will solve the problem. What probably happened was I installed the board without checking the coils. Should have checked them FIRST and THEN hooked up the board. Will know in a week or so if that was the problem. Game was fully restored and now it is sitting there not working!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-pop-bumpers-l-r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.