(Topic ID: 91132)

BK2K or SOF

By jvcutter

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Greetings... I have a dilemma... I am trying to decide between Black Knight 2000 or Swords of Fury... both the same price, and about the same condition. Just want to get some opinions on which to choose. I have played both only a handfull of times as they are not terribly common. I would absolutely get both if I had the resources, but who wouldn't?

#2 9 years ago

The two best sounding games ever made! Both of these machines pushed boundaries in sound design.
I own SOF but I would also love to have BK2K. My take on the game play is this. Neither of them is particularly deep but BK2K is a flowing fast rhythmic type game. SOF is more calculated and shooter type game.

Tough decision!

#3 9 years ago

BK2K is more valuable but SOF is harder to find. I'd same gameplay wise, they're a toss-up. BK2K seems to be a tad overrated and SOF under IMHO.

What are the prices? I am not trying to steal your deal.

#4 9 years ago

Ive recently found that BK2K is sort of a chore to play. Maybe its the way our arcade has it set up, but if you play it slow its really easy to play all night. SoF is really unique and fun to play. I just got rid of mine, but thats because the arcade has it too

#5 9 years ago

Get both. Try them both and sell the other, both are easy to unload

#6 9 years ago

I would say both are underrated.Anyone who says BK2K is a one trick pony is doing it wrong :-)The goal is not to just to go up top and storm the castle.The goal is to hit all the lower targets over and over to spell BK to advance Ransom then go up top and storm the castle.Try getting through that with ease.Oh what the hell…buy them both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (OBO)
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-or-sof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.