Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by 82Trooper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

s11diag1_(resized).jpg
IMG_2462_(resized).JPG
IMG_2461_(resized).JPG
IMG_2460_(resized).JPG
IMG_2459_(resized).JPG
IMG_2458_(resized).JPG
IMG_2457_(resized).JPG
IMG_2456_(resized).JPG
IMG_2454_(resized).JPG
IMG_2453_(resized).JPG
IMG_2451_(resized).JPG
IMG_2452_(resized).JPG
IMG_2450_(resized).JPG
IMG_2449_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hello...looking for some help with my BK2K. I went to try to adjust some of the gameplay features (frequency of RANSOMs, length of timing of some of the features) and it appears stuck in the diagnostic mode. The controls are pretty simple....auto up/manual down, advance the credit button, as appropriate. I cannot get out of the music test feature....is rolls thru 1-4 (the manual says it should be 1-8) then back to zero (music off).
What am I missing here? Am I doing something wrong and just having a brain fart....or is there something wrong? The game itself plays fine, the lamps and displays all appear functioning properly.
Any advice anyone can offer would be appreciated.
Thanks. Mike

IMG_2449_(resized).JPG

IMG_2450_(resized).JPG

IMG_2452_(resized).JPG

IMG_2451_(resized).JPG

IMG_2453_(resized).JPG

IMG_2454_(resized).JPG

IMG_2456_(resized).JPG

IMG_2457_(resized).JPG

IMG_2458_(resized).JPG

IMG_2459_(resized).JPG

IMG_2460_(resized).JPG

IMG_2461_(resized).JPG

IMG_2462_(resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

The middle control panel button is a toggle: up or down.

I think that when it's down and you enter the menu, you get Tests. When it's up and you enter the menu, you get Audits and Adjustments.

So pick the other toggle setting for the middle button and then enter the menu.

#3 3 years ago

stevevt:
I tried....that's the problem. I cannot get beyond the first step (the music test). No matter what position the switches are in, it does not go anywhere else.
I do not know if the switch itself is bad (seems unlikely) or there is an issue with one of the boards.
hence my request here....

#4 3 years ago

So if the center button is in the UP position, and you hit 'ADVANCE', you go into Music Test?

If so, something wrong with your buttons.

#5 3 years ago

So....can I get anyone else to chime in with an opinion...is this a "hardware" issue...ie..is the test switch possibly bad?

#6 3 years ago

Don't recall ever seeing a button switch with a diode on it. Might have been a bad diode on the board, thus the hack.
I'd try fixing that first.

#7 3 years ago

Curious....using the term "hack"......in Cliffs pinball repair guides...."Repairing Williams System 11 Pinball
1986 to 1990, Part Three"...the photo clearly shows a diode. I think this is likely "not a hack". Anyone else?

s11diag1_(resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago

So on my BK2K (which has the diode), from power on I open the coin door and press auto up to the manual down position then press advance to get to music test Then pressing the start button cycles through the four songs with each press. Then if I push manual down again (setting it to auto up) and then press advance it will go to display test, advance again goes to sound test (which auto cycles through 7 clips), advance to all lamp test, advance to single lamp (cycled by start button), advance to coil test...etc. Does yours function this way?

#9 3 years ago

Yes.
That's correct.

To get to adjustments, from attract mode -
Leave the switch in MANUAL UP position, and hit ADVANCE.

That's what the manual says, and what folks here have been telling you to do.

#10 3 years ago

Yes, I understand the advice....but it brings me back to the initial question.... I cannot get beyond the first step (the music test). No matter what position the switches are in (up or down), it does not go anywhere else.
How do I know if the switch itself is bad (seems unlikely) is there a way to test the actual switch......or there is an issue with one of the boards.

#11 3 years ago

Looks like the game is broken forever. I'll take it off your hands for you

I kid, I kid.

Quoted from 82Trooper:

No matter what position the switches are in (up or down)

I don't believe that there is a way to test those switches, as they are not part of the switch matrix. I have a hard time believing that the switches themselves would be broken, while possible, I find it unlikely. Check for cold solder joints on the switches themselves, and maybe find in the schematics where they go and look for breaks in the line.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Yes, I understand the advice....but it brings me back to the initial question.... I cannot get beyond the first step (the music test). No matter what position the switches are in (up or down), it does not go anywhere else.
How do I know if the switch itself is bad (seems unlikely) is there a way to test the actual switch......or there is an issue with one of the boards.

Okay, I think the phrasing is what's throwing me.

You mean to say when you are in attract mode and with center switch in Manual/Up, you ENTER Music Test? (Not 'stay in music test', as that indicates you had the switch DOWN and his ADV first..)

If that's the case - I would check switches and then continuity of wires between coin door and MPU.

#13 3 years ago

Thanks for the input....I will try to troubleshoot it this weekend.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside