• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200820_124249_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
20200819_162835 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hey guys, I am having a issue with my bk2k drawbridge. It was starting to have trouble moving up in down, so after taking a look, it seems the motor that spins isn't catching on to whatever it needs to to move up and down..it would sit there and spin but if I put a little pressure on it would catch and do its job.

(Sorry, I've been out of the hobby for 5 years, so my lingo is rusty. Used to be mojozone on here)

Is there a way to tighten that up or do I need to replace the motor mechanic. I would appreciate any thoughts.

20200819_162835 (resized).jpg20200819_162835 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I don't have any experience with that assembly, but looking at the diagram in the manual it appears there's a set screw on the motor shaft. Well, it's not actually shown on the illustration, but it is mentioned in the parts breakdown. Here's a screen cap of the pages i was looking at, note that the part list is referring only to the motor assembly on the right. Screenshot_20200820_124249_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpgScreenshot_20200820_124249_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpgFurther up the manual shows the breakdown for the moving gate assembly. Anyway, number 5 is on the parts list for the motor assembly is a set screw--I'd try to locate that set screw and confirm it's tight, or tighten it if it's loose. Again, it's not shown on the motor assembly illustration, looks like it's probably hidden at that angle. Anyway, if the set screw is tight, I'd also inspect the linkage between the motor and gate for anything broken or loose.

Could be an internally stripped motor, but I'd try to verify everything else before replacing it. If you need a new motor, Marco has them in stock here: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7941-3

Good luck!

#3 3 years ago

Thank you Frunch, I am off tomorrow and ill take a peek at that screw. Appreciate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.99
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-drawbridge-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.