• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BK2K kicker (resized).jpg
BK2K Outhole kicker (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Started having some issues with the ball return on my BK2K. After a ball drains to the bottom
of the playing field there is a switch that the ball falls onto then it pushed a plunger to the left.
At a certain point this plunger engages a coil that kicks the ball over to a staging area waiting
to be sent to the plunger. Recently for some reason it take the ball a while to push the plunger.
There is a spring attached to the plunger that looks like it is supposed to help move the plunger
but it supplies almost not help for the plunger. Eventually (after about 10-15 seconds) the ball
pushes the plunger far enough and activates the coil. It kicks the ball over and the game continues.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

Take a picture of that mechanism with apron off. Are you talking about the outhole kicker or feeder?

I just spent a lot of time stripping and rebuilding so have some recent experience with it. Assuming the switch(es) is ok/adjusted correctly/no cold solder joint at connector or diode bad: I'm thinking that maybe the coil sleeve is gunked up, mech is gunked up or a broken, egged out, or other issue with the mech.

The springs are more to return the coil plungers.

BK2K Outhole kicker (resized).jpgBK2K Outhole kicker (resized).jpgBK2K kicker (resized).jpgBK2K kicker (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

using the out hole kicker picture B-8039-2 diagram: #2 Coil Plunger Assy. is the part
I was talking about. There is a switch under that #2 arm. The ball falls onto that switch
when the ball drains off the playing field (down the middle / down the sides) the ball then
proceeds to push on the hooked part of the #2 to the left assy very slowly. And after 10-15
seconds it will kick the ball to the right as it should but it never used too take that long. It
would immediately return the ball. I cleaned the coil and sleave and rod with alcohol but
no change. Also, the spring does not even provide any help moving arm #2.

#4 4 years ago

Ok, it sounds like the switch is working. Assume you tested it with a ball in test? Can you take some pictures of that mechanism with the plunger out of the coil? Sounds like something mechanical/binding but pictures would help everyone help I think.

#5 4 years ago

will have to wait till I get home later this evening.

#6 4 years ago

I'd check that switch. Those micro switches wear out over time. Also make sure the arm isn't bent funny or something (I've been known to bump stuff and not notice it until something stopped working like it should hahaha. Good Hunting!

#7 4 years ago

I figured it out. I tried to turn the mechanism at points 4/9 on the out hole kicker. it felt rough.
I hit it with a dab of Remington oil and it slapped back into place with no problems and plays like it should.

Thanks for your help.

#8 4 years ago

Nice work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-ball-return-having-issues?hl=deathtouch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.