Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by absocountry2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2442_(Large).JPG

#1 8 years ago

The cut off display for player three is a known issue in the display board connector. Not sure yet the cause, but tension on the connector will cause it to display all segments.

The new issue is with player two and four missing the 10K digit. I first saw it a couple days ago, and it seemed to go away between power cycles. Now its back. Both times its been both player two and four. Ideas?

IMG_2442_(Large).JPG

#2 8 years ago

I believe that is a problem with a chip on the master display. I don't have access to the pinrepair docs at this time which explain the issue. My Scorpion had that issue with the 0 digits. I was able to get a replacement for cheap since the master display was outgassed too. Will repair it one day.
If you switch the "bad" displays to the 1 and 3 position they should work fine now and the problem will now be with the new 2 and 4 display.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I believe that is a problem with a chip on the master display

I'm fairly new to repair but I did have the same issues with my pin, segments missing and some of the displays fully working when I put pressure on them. The problem with missing sections was indeed a bad chip on my mpu board and the other I corrected by a re-pin of the connector that went to the display. SealClubber is right though you can get a good idea what your problem is by simply moving your displays around....will tell you if it's the display or connector problem, if the problem follows the display it's likely the display, if not it's likely a chip.

#4 8 years ago

The missing segment show in player three are with the display. The missing 10K on player two and four are probably a chip (irrespective of the display put there)...but still tracing which chip. I decided to get a pinscore display setup. Kill two birds with one upgrade.

#5 8 years ago

Let us know how it works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside