Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jdoz2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault1.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have space for one more machine only. I have a shot at one of the above. Both good condition and same price. Need your help here. Understand that BK2000 attracts a certain part of people only and E.S is more allround.
Damn this is hard. Have played both of them but very little.

Best buy in the long run ?

Thanks
Matt

#2 4 years ago

I much prefer bk2000 but that's just my opinion. Better sound and lightshow for sure.

#3 4 years ago

I don't remember Earthshaker much. Been a long time since I played it. But I got bored of BK2K pretty quickly in my collection.

#4 4 years ago

Bk2000 gets dull pretty quick when you realize you should just trap the ball in the right, shooting the left orbit to get back to the upper playfield, rinse repeat for eternity. Well that's for league or tournament play which is the only experience I have with the game.

Earth shaker is great.

#5 4 years ago

Earthshaker

#6 4 years ago

Earthshaker all day.

#7 4 years ago

Love both but Earthshaker edges out BK2K for me.

#8 4 years ago

Earthshaker is bitchin!

#9 4 years ago

Had BK2K, super fast Pin, fun all around, but EarthShaker will keep you coming back.

#11 4 years ago

I own both... slight edge to ES.

Both awesome games!

#13 4 years ago

Wow I'm gonna have to play some more earthshaker.

#14 4 years ago

+1 Earthshaker

#16 4 years ago

Since you have 2 great Steve Ritchie titles in your collection and no lawlor games I would go for es.
It will round out your collection nicely.

#19 4 years ago

Both are good but at least bk2k has a mini wizard mode with Ransom. Anyhow ES to me bores easily because once you hit jackpot in multiball there is nothing else to do.

#20 4 years ago

Earthshaker for sure. BK2K gameplay gets boring fast.
--Scott

#21 4 years ago

maxresdefault[1].jpg

This guy loves BK2K.

I prefer ES, though I don't mind playing someone else's BK2K every once in a while.

#22 4 years ago

BK2K. ES never did much for me for some reason, and I've got lots of lawlor pins.

#23 4 years ago

"Head for the shelter"!!!! Earthshaker definitely. Not to mention it's the game that started the whole "shaker" movement! Somewhat Historic in my opinion

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

maxresdefault[1].jpg
This guy loves BK2K.

Why is his right arm larger than his left arm?

#25 4 years ago

ES for sure!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Bk2000 gets dull pretty quick when you realize you should just trap the ball in the right, shooting the left orbit to get back to the upper playfield, rinse repeat for eternity. Well that's for league or tournament play which is the only experience I have with the game.
Earth Shaker is great.

As far as going for points, the best strategy in Earthshaker is shoot the center ramp, then shoot the center ramp, and after that shoot the center ramp.

If you play a game for points, Earthshaker is crap. If you play a game to complete the goals, I love Earthshaker. It depends what you want out of a game.

#27 4 years ago

Es

#28 4 years ago

Tough call I've owned both and ES is the game I want back more..

#29 4 years ago

ES for me. BK2000 is pretty cool, but I've owned two Earthshakers. Only game I've bought back after selling because I just couldn't stand not having in my collection.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

ES for me. BK2000 is pretty cool, but I've owned two Earthshakers. Only game I've bought back after selling because I just couldn't stand not having in my collection.

+1

I traded my first ES back in the 90's.

I had to buy another one back!!!

Love those System 11s!!!

#31 4 years ago

i have both.. BK2000 gets repetative and is fairly easy if you can keep it on the upper playfield. Get the earthshaker and don't look back.

#32 4 years ago

Those games are very different. If you had a small collection I would say bk2000 just for the art and soundtrack.

But for only 1, Earthshaker.
It has longer staying power, its not as brutal. Has more shot variety.
+ it has a factory shaker motor.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

As far as going for points, the best strategy in Earthshaker is shoot the center ramp, then shoot the center ramp, and after that shoot the center ramp.
If you play a game for points, Earthshaker is crap. If you play a game to complete the goals, I love Earthshaker. It depends what you want out of a game.

Good point. I had an Earthshaker for about a year but got tired of it after a few weeks. Yes BK2K is heavy on the right flipper but I think it is a better game and more fun. HOWEVER, Earthshaker was by far the most popular game at my place with everyone else so I'll probably buy another one soon (so I don't have to hear about it anymore). I'm not sure you should trust my judgement on these games.....I liked F14 so I may be mental.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

My game must have been a little weird because that ramp was a little tough to make over and over. Maybe a busted ramp will do that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside