Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1988f1_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4050_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    TP_006_(resized).JPG
    TP_005_(resized).JPG
    TP_002_(resized).JPG
    TP_001_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

your rant has some merit but what did you pay for that star jet that came in a cardboard box?

#21 7 years ago

we must face the fact that prices have gone up. as a seller i like it, as a buyer i do not!
    as a hobby you buy what you want or what you can. there looks to be more that can do "what you want" rather than "what you can"
    deals still can be had, BUT you must be quick in the days of the internet.

#22 7 years ago

pretty good glass on that TP, they tend to be bad.
    not a bad deal on a great game.

#35 7 years ago

the op is a little hypocritical, he paid big money for a less than parts machine(star jet) and stated "I feel like that was a highly unique situation though, and I paid way less than it has always been worth as a whole"
    he will have to spend far more money to make it whole(nice) than it will ever be worth.
    i do not have a problem with what he paid for what he got. my issue is his situation was "unique"
    everyone could could say the same. i know i paid more for a certain title because it had sentimental factor or i just had to have it.
    so as everything being sold today is only worth what someone is willing to pay. if no one buys it the price will come down.

years ago before all these guys started making repro parts. many very nice machines were being trashed or parted out.
    now that you can get them of course they now have potential. i know bgrestro saved a lot of off the wall titles that would of otherwise been parted because you know they were not getting a screened bg.
    and like vid said the pool of restorable games are drying up.

#36 7 years ago

does the cabinet on that sing along look as good as the pf?
    i wish i would've gotten 2 of wade's sing along pf

i did just get wade's Knock Out pf. haven't opened it yet

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Just joining in, quickly read through the posts.
    Reminds me of the old adage of "you can have it fast, cheap or good". I've been a small collector for about 10 years and patience is the key. If you want a particular EM title you may have to wait awhile and pay more than you want. If you are open to more games, you have more options.
    When I first started I paid more than I "should" for games I wanted right away. On the other hand I found a pretty nice Nags on local Craigslist for $500 (and that was for 2 games, sold the other one for $200).
    The other trap I think people (on both sides) fall into is thinking about it like a side business vs. a hobby. I play golf a little but have never thought that I'd 'make money' playing. Hobbies (fishing, beer can collecting, etc.) generally cost money!

very well said. bravo!

#101 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

That Royal flush looked pretty nice, & priced at a fairly reasonable $1000.

what is a deal on the west coast is pricey on the east.
    it is all supply and demand.
    I picked up a nice ED for 300 but PA is the land of plenty !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bizarre-em-pricing?tu=boilerman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.