7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN2616.JPG
    DSCN2615.JPG
    3OSVm.gif
    DSCN2612.JPG
    DSCN2611.JPG
    DSCN2610.JPG
    DSCN2609.JPG
    DSCN2608.JPG

#1 7 years ago

I just sold half my collection in less than 24 hours.

It started last night when a gentlemen from my great home state of Wisconsin paypal'ed me the money for my Pit Stop EM. I'm just waiting for his shipper to come get it now.

Then today an operator from NC came and got I500, Defender, Black Hole, JM and my Defender video game. He almost had me giving up DW in my selling frenzy too, but luckily he ran out of room in his trailer. He was a nice older gentleman who had operated a route since 1975 and had fond memories of pinball's glory years. He intends to open up a large arcade with at least 50 pins in December and I am stoked because it'll only be a little over an hour from me. He also mentioned starting leagues. The name of his place is "Flippers" in Grandy, NC. Just thought I mention that for you eastern VA/NC pinsiders.

Anyway, selling all those pins seems surreal... almost like I'm... Entering the Twilight Zone....

#2 7 years ago

Why the sudden fire sale? Just trying to lighten the load?

#3 7 years ago

You're not planning on going swimming with the fishies are you?

#4 7 years ago

Dang I500 gone??? I was going to ask you about how you liked it...

IS all OK with you?

#5 7 years ago

I don't have enough time to maintain 10 pins, nor the room to keep them. Things were so cramped in my game room that I didn't have room to slide the playfield glass off without jacking the pins up first. Call it a paradigm shift from a large collection of B and C list games to a smaller collection of A and B listers. Less work to maintain them and less space taken up.

I was only trying to sell the Black Hole, but he noticed some other pins in my pictures and asked what I'd want for them. I came up with some numbers that I thought were fair and he matched them all without haggling. I didn't really make much, if anything, considering the money and transportation costs that I put into them.

#6 7 years ago

I500 is the only one that stings a little. I busted my ass to get that game and shop it out, but I was growing tired of it. I did specifically price it higher than I thought he'd want to pay, but he surprised me. Once he saw how awesome it looks fully LEDed it was all over. At least others will get to enjoy it now.

I500 is a pin I highly, highly recommend if you can find one for a good price.

Things are fine. A "fire sale" implies that I lost money. I would not have sold them if I was going to take a loss. Still, you can't be too careful in this economy, and if I can buy a game, play the hell out of it, and sell it for roughly what I paid it's a win-win for me!

#7 7 years ago

Damn man! Dave shipping his TZ to you tonight?

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Damn man! Dave shipping his TZ to you tonight?

There is one much closer if you've been paying attention

#9 7 years ago

Oh....that implication was that you're REALLY entering the TZ? Rumor has it the Gorilla has one coming sometime soon, too.

!!!!!!!!!!

#10 7 years ago

must be one heck of an open space
    my condolences

#11 7 years ago

Well glad things worked out for you and now you will have enough room to breath in the game room. How did you like the JM while you had it?

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

How did you like the JM while you had it?

Classic example of a pin that needed to be shopped to be fully appreciated. Mine was rough. I'd buy another one in better shape for the right price. I will say JM flowed like no pin I have ever seen until you hit the glove. I regret never getting to power down mode.

#13 7 years ago

Anybody wanna buy a Paragon?

DSCN2608.JPG DSCN2609.JPG DSCN2610.JPG DSCN2611.JPG DSCN2612.JPG

#14 7 years ago

So...you were cleaning house???

This is how I do it...

3OSVm.gif

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

There is one much closer if you've been paying attention

I must have missed it. Good luck hunting it down though! Can't believe that BH is gone already.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Can't believe that BH is gone already.

Yeah, after all the headaches I/we went thru to get it here it ended up not being a game I enjoyed very much.

#17 7 years ago

Yeah, after all the headaches I/we went thru to get it here it ended up not being a game I enjoyed very much.

Best for it to move on then. Now you've got plenty of room to add some more DMD's!

#18 7 years ago

Glad you saved the DW, you have put too much time into it to let go so easily.

#19 7 years ago

You even through in the cup holders.

#20 7 years ago

Glad you saved the DW, you have put too much time into it to let go so easily.

Really glad I did too. Just put up my first billionaire score on a machine not named AFM or JM!

Your Time Lord race has not heard the last of me!

DSCN2615.JPG DSCN2616.JPG

#21 7 years ago

Edit: pointless comment

#22 7 years ago

Damn man.. legs on , backglasses still up.. How long has this guy been supposedly "operating" ??

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Damn man.. legs on , backglasses still up.. How long has this guy been supposedly "operating" ??

As long as they all fit, right? 1.6B is a sweet score and 44 loops is awesome.

#24 7 years ago

Thanks man. My best by far. Still couldn't get a damn Davros jackpot

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

As long as they all fit, right?

not imo..
    300lb pinball machines on 4 legs, only held by 2 bolts each, inside a moving truck. that's a LOT of stress on each leg of the game.
    Then some with the heads still up, that's at least 50lbs only secured with a simple latch on the back. lots of unnecessary stress on his games.

but that guy can do what he want with them, they're his games now.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Then some with the heads still up, that's at least 50lbs only secured with a simple latch on the back. lots of unnecessary stress on his games.

Not true. In this case the two left upright (BH and Defender) do not fold and are bolted down. You can either leave them upright, disconnect the head completely (PITA), or unbolt it and tape or wrap the shit out of it to keep it from flopping around. Also, the newer games have bolts on the inside in addition to the latch in back, but they are often missing.

I asked if he wanted the legs off. He said no. Oh well, less work for me! B_R transports games all the time with the heads up and legs on all the time with only one miscue (poor Pin-Bot).

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

So...you were cleaning house???

This is how I do it...

Too funny Gorilla

#28 7 years ago

Not true. In this case the two left upright (BH and Defender) do not fold and are bolted down. You can either leave them upright, disconnect the head completely (PITA), or unbolt it and tape or wrap the shit out of it to keep it from flopping around. Also, the newer games have bolts on the inside in addition to the latch in back, but they are often missing.

good point about that

B_R transports games all the time with the heads up and legs on all the time with only one miscue (poor Pin-Bot).

haha, just because BR does it doesn't make it right either.

#29 7 years ago

That defender pin next to that defender arcade game looks sweet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 18.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10,999.00
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 1,000.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside