11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have owned my lotr for 13 months and after thousand plus games I have never reached taba. Well that could say something about my pinball skills but…….I have come very close numerous times..one shot away, but failed.
So in a recent thread on “strategy to get to taba”, I saw that pinballcorpse wrote that you get mode start on each new ball. Well I never had that so I went into the settings, changed ring mode difficulty to easy. After each ball, mode start was lit. First ball 2 modes, second ball 2 modes, 1st extra ball 1 mode and 2nd extra ball all modes. And sure enough on the first game, saw taba for the first time. Didn’t know anything about taba except for some different music that would play. It was great and will leave it at that for those that haven’t been there.
Well the whole weekend I felt like sh t…I was so disappointed that the thrill of reaching taba was done so easily…I didn’t feel I accomplished anything. So last night, I said, ok maybe it was a fluke, played a game…..and sure enough, no problem to reach taba …wow…this sucks.
So went into settings, changed everything back to where it was. And this is how pinball is like no other..on my VERY first game..yep…unbelievable…by the end of my second ball (which was really my fourth bal..2 extra balls)…..made it to TABA!!!! I mean cmon, thousand plus games and never…and then after all this, I just had a great game and there it was the legit way. Just wanted to share.
Ps..thks to pbc for that tip (although..dont do it…you feel empty) plus all others that had chimed in and for the recent Valinor thread. You really need to have a strategy to reach certain goals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bitter-sweet-tale-of-taba and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.