Nags_(resized).jpg
Nags_Game_(resized).jpg
Wagon_Train_(resized).jpg
Gottlieb_MayFair_july1966.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

So my birthday is 3 days away, 4-23, and its a big one, my 50th. In celebration of my 50 years on this earth, I decided to post my birthday pin. Your birthday pin is a pinball machine that came out in the month you were born. My birthday pin is Central Park. So in celebration of my birthday, here are a few pictures of my birthday pin. So whats your birthday pin??? Let us know and post some pics.

4371023_orig_(resized).jpg4371023_orig_(resized).jpg
7732815_orig_(resized).jpg7732815_orig_(resized).jpg
2611961_orig_(resized).jpg2611961_orig_(resized).jpg
5737315_orig_(resized).jpg5737315_orig_(resized).jpg
7418630_orig_(resized).jpg7418630_orig_(resized).jpg
2819484_orig_(resized).jpg2819484_orig_(resized).jpg
6017316_(resized).jpg6017316_(resized).jpg
5144727_(resized).jpg5144727_(resized).jpg
2577007_(resized).jpg2577007_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Happy Birthday !
LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

My birthday pin would be Gottlieb Snow Queen or Williams 3 Jokers. I don't own either.

#4 8 years ago

My birthday pin is a 1965 Gottlib Bank-A-Ball, except that on my 50th I bought a 1980 Bally Space Invaders, so I consider it my "birthday pin". It's also avaible for trade.

44f729282d765396385451fb5c1dc99198127d19_(resized).jpg44f729282d765396385451fb5c1dc99198127d19_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

Lotsa choices for me (April 1978), but I really like the art on Gottlieb's Neptune.

Neptune_(resized).pngNeptune_(resized).png

Neptune_(resized).pngNeptune_(resized).png

#6 8 years ago

Happy birthday

and my birthday pin is DE Playboy

I'm young I know

#7 8 years ago

Happy Birthday to me...and to Gottlieb's Spirit!

spirit3_(resized).jpgspirit3_(resized).jpg

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Lotsa choices for me (April 1978), but I really like the art on Gottlieb's Neptune.
Neptune_(resized).png

Neptune_(resized).png

Neptune on my wish list.

#9 8 years ago

I think I just got hammered on my 50th birthday, but really can't remember. Where did all these games come from?

3 Coins is the only game from the month I was born and am still looking.

#10 8 years ago

I just realized since this is an EM group, I guess you have to be born before 1978 to participate. Is that considered age discrimination? BTW Robin just made it.

#11 8 years ago

Dancing Lady 11/66. My daughter and I are looking for a nice one!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12 8 years ago

Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you... And thanks for the photos... even one of "Buckaroo"!

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Dancing Lady 11/66. My daughter and I are looking for a nice one!

image_(resized).jpeg

Yeah, that's a tough one.

#14 8 years ago

My birthday pin is Williams 1966 8-Ball by Norm Clark. It was released Jan. 17th 1966 and I was born Jan. 14th 1966. I was restoring one for a friend in Aus. and I did some research on it because I fell in love with the colors. While I was researching it, I found out the release date and that Norm designed it. (which sealed it that I had to have one) and if you look at the 2 gentlemen on the BG, 1 has N C on his cuff links for Norm Clark, and one has S K for Steve Kordek. It took me about 3 years to find one for myself (a good friend in MI picked it up for me in the dead of Winter, and held it for me till the Ohio show and brought it to me there). I have the BG restored (I had talked to Norm after finally finding one and he was going to sign the BG for me at Expo that Oct. but he passed away in April so I never got to show him my game) but I haven't gotten to the PF or Cab. (Needs much TLC and re-paint) yet.

Phoebe

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=764&picno=53765
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=764&picno=57538

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

While I was researching it, I found out the release date and that Norm designed it.

You get bonus points if you can name the artist.

#16 8 years ago

i would have a couple, Jan-72. But i haven't seen any of them in real life, so i can't choose. Happy birthday

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Was it Louis Raynaud?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not for sure...but maybe Louis Renard?? (SP) it's in between Art Stinholm and Christian Marche...Hasn't been positively documented yet but believe that Louis Renard was doing art at that time for Williams...

Phoebe

#19 8 years ago

If we're going by month and year, I only have one choice from any manufacturer. No fair!

Never played it before.

4442f1_(resized).jpg4442f1_(resized).jpg

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Was it Louis Raynaud?

It's back to the question about the mystery artist or artists. I don't know. Half the games I have, I don't know. Some have researched it but have come to a dead end.

#21 8 years ago

I will add that's one question somebody must have asked Mr. Kordek before he passed on.

#22 8 years ago

Ha! Perfect for me! A one-ball, a bingo and a half bingo-half pin.

1952-09 Across the Board
1952-09 Bright Spot
1952-09 Hong Kong

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will add that's one question somebody must have asked Mr. Kordek before he passed on.

From what I understand that time frame is in question, because no one has been able to track down any or Mr. Renards relatives that could confirm his part in the art for Williams at that time...

Phoebe

#24 8 years ago

I've got several undocumented, but they don't all look like the same artist.

#25 8 years ago

Apparently I get Gottlieb's Sky Dive, which is a stingy version of Sky Jump that doesn't award replays. Never played it. I do have a Sky Jump backglass lying around though, retrieved from a friend's shed.

#26 8 years ago

Mine's a Gottlieb 300, but I haven't had a chance to play one yet.

#27 8 years ago

June 77- Evel Kneivel, Hot Tip, Time 2000, and Urtura. Makes me want to try and find to play them to see if they are any good. Maybe own one if they are findable. Problem is I don't know how to fix anything..... yet

#28 8 years ago

Some of the pins that came out the year I was born however nothing on the same month. So, same year are: Joust Pinball, Granny And The Gators, Goin' Nuts, Firepower II, Centaur II. Pretty nice line up, I would love to have all of them.

#29 8 years ago

i with frank, central park.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

June 77- Evel Kneivel, Hot Tip, Time 2000, and Urtura. Makes me want to try and find to play them to see if they are any good. Maybe own one if they are findable. Problem is I don't know how to fix anything..... yet

Right on the cusp of EM and SS.

#31 8 years ago

Closest that I own to my birth date is Genco's Springtime, March, 1952 (no April/52 in my collection)

Dennis and I leading the Geritol club?

springtime_3_(resized).jpgspringtime_3_(resized).jpg

springtime_4_(resized).jpgspringtime_4_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago

That's a gorgeous game. I don't feel so bad now. My '57 Gottlieb "Royal Flush" is the closest to my birthday.

20160218_160131_(resized).jpg20160218_160131_(resized).jpg

#33 8 years ago

Luckily I'll have 3 to choose from. 2 have Yellow Score reels. The 3rd option has a wonderful music theme .

#34 8 years ago

My birthday pins are

'56 Gottlieb Gladiator
'56 Gottlieb Fair Lady

These woodrails show my age

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

My birthday pin would be Gottlieb Snow Queen or Williams 3 Jokers. I don't own either.

Don't be that kid...

#36 8 years ago

My birthday pins are: Jumping Jacks and Slick Chick (4-63)
I don't own them but I have Gigi, and that is really close: 12-63

flippie_007_(resized).JPGflippie_007_(resized).JPG

#37 8 years ago

november 1964..ground up resto of my happy clown..mobile phone not allowing me to post a video..will try later from home.

#38 8 years ago

I didn't find a '57 pin for a friend's birthday.

I restored a special version of a SPIRIT OF 76 !

http://www.retro-flip.com/t362-RESTAURATION-D-UN-SPIRIT-OF-57-PAR-KANGOUROU.htm?q=spirit

27_(resized).JPG27_(resized).JPG

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#39 8 years ago

My two Birthday month and year pins are...

10/73 Williams OXO
10/73 Bally Hi-Lo Ace

Both games look like turds. (my opinion)

At least I am getting a Bally Nip-It (7/73) That is close enough to my Birthday.

#40 8 years ago

There was a few listed for 10/67. After reading up on them it sounds like Melody might be one of the higher rated EMs born on my birthday (according to ipdb.org)

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My two Birthday month and year pins are...
10/73 Williams OXO
10/73 Bally Hi-Lo Ace
Both games look like turds. (my opinion)
At least I am getting a Bally Nip-It (7/73) That is close enough to my Birthday.

OXO is an awesome game - I'd love to own one someday!

#42 8 years ago

is ther a full list by month/year somewhere to reference?

I am looking for July 78'

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can't seem to find it either.

#44 8 years ago

I did a search in game archive on Pinside by manufacture date by year. Then clicked on each game to see which month they were manufactured. Some only list the year, but most list the month as well. Kinda of a pain, but kinda fun too

#45 8 years ago

Go to IPMD, advanced search, enter year. This is mine, 6/53, though I don't have one.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#46 8 years ago

IPDB

#47 8 years ago

Like you say, IPDB

#48 8 years ago

It can be a little confusing. Ex. Capersville. IPBD lists as 12-66 under advanced search. Then at the top of the page lists it as 11-66. Down below lists 11-66 as a project date, but 12-66 as a date of manufacture.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am looking for July 78'

Mr. Pinball Price Guide has a section called Chronological by Manufacturer.

That is where I found mine. Been looking for two years.

12/1952 Gottlieb - Queen of Hearts - recently purchased but not yet delivered.
12/1952 Williams - Twenty Grand - found a ratty example but passed. Still looking.

#50 8 years ago

I got this for my B-Day

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/birthday-pin?hl=sadler28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.