(Topic ID: 272452)

Bio-cide -sanitizer- Does it work?

By Coz

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you ever used Bio-cide?”

• Yes. 3 votes
      20%
    • No. 0 votes
    • Never heard of it. 10 votes
      67%
    • This product works great 2 votes
      13%
    • This product did not work as advertised 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 15 votes by 14 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15941305860203948968519184316541 (resized).jpg
    15941305672891882678066468787651 (resized).jpg
    07315CF1-6A56-4529-9BD9-C9A589CD6CEB (resized).jpeg
    B0EB4AC2-D481-42F4-8552-BA14CFA32F01 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

A friend who is also an operator has recommended Bio-cide to me to be used on machines on location.

https://www.aaglobal.com/pc_combined_results.asp?search_keyword=biocide

Has anyone used this product before? I’m curious to see if it really works. Any information is appreciated.

Any product that would allow us to get our machines back on location and provide some germ/virus protection would be great.
    B0EB4AC2-D481-42F4-8552-BA14CFA32F01 (resized).jpegB0EB4AC2-D481-42F4-8552-BA14CFA32F01 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

I'll admit, I am yet to drink any.

#3 3 years ago

Not sure without swabbing and growing cultures how you are going to know if it works!

#4 3 years ago

I have seen a clear film called silver defender used on elevator buttons. Perhaps look into that. While it might be pricey, the amount needed for flippers and a start button would be small.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll admit, I am yet to drink any.

Only you @o-din. It did make me laugh. Of course this is not recommend to be consumed by humans.

#6 3 years ago

“Life killer”. Lol

#7 3 years ago
    07315CF1-6A56-4529-9BD9-C9A589CD6CEB (resized).jpeg07315CF1-6A56-4529-9BD9-C9A589CD6CEB (resized).jpeg
    #9 3 years ago

I think it will kill COVID, not sure about removing grime though. It's EPA registered and it's tuberculicidal. It kills bloodborne pathogens, so it's okay with OSHA in hospital settings.

The manufacturers doesn't seem to know what an SDS is though and I couldn't find a detailed composition. I couldn't find contact times either.

#11 3 years ago

I use Bio-Cide in my arcade. So far, so good.

It's not the easiest to wipe from glass - leaves a bit of a residue - but no problems on other surfaces like cabinets, counter tops and control panels.

It says it keeps working for 2-3 weeks, but I'm re-applying weekly just to be on the safe side.

#12 3 years ago

Hopefully won’t bleach out the cabs/etc.

#13 3 years ago

For what it is worth I am at an arcade with 40 pins right now and most have bio-cide stickers. Cabinets look fine. I think they are cleaning the glass with it instead of windex and that looks bad, but no harm to pins.

Moms organic in College Park.

15941305672891882678066468787651 (resized).jpg15941305672891882678066468787651 (resized).jpg15941305860203948968519184316541 (resized).jpg15941305860203948968519184316541 (resized).jpg

#14 3 years ago

We use Bioprotect RTU as a treatment on our game route(day job), nationwide. I might want to do some testing with on a junk cabinet before trying on the pins at our club(non profit night job).

#15 3 years ago

I purchased Biocide 100 because of the claims that the product would keep on protecting for weeks after proper application. Odd that these same claims are not listed on the manufacturers webpage, nor on the product itself. Reading over the manufacturers label, it looks like it will kill Coronavirus after leaving the surface wet for a certain amount of time. Claims like this are typical of products that kill with each application. So I am skeptical of the claims from one website, aaglobal.com, that this product will keep working for weeks after application.

I did apply Biocide to the pins as a cleaner and expect that it will kill Coronavirus much like any other disinfectant. Don't use it on glass as it will leave a residue. After this product is used up I do not plan on buying any more of it. I can use Windex all purpose cleaner that cleans, disinfects and doesn't leave a residue on glass.

#16 3 years ago

I have been using it in my locations. Also printed up big posters saying the games are sprayed with it. It does leave a film on the machines (my guess is this was the active killing agent that is reactivated). I spray the games everywhere someone might touch routinely (buttons, start button, coin door, ect) let it set 2 minuets then wipe it off with a clean rag. I then remove the lock down bar, clean the glass with regular cleaner, and wipe under the lock down bar as i have found the biocide will run down underneath it.

I will say it also cleans really well, my towel was black/dirty after scrubbing the machines down with it.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

So I am skeptical of the claims from one website, aaglobal.com, that this product will keep working for weeks after application.

I haven't seen any proof of this. It may keep mold from coming back soon. In searching I couldn't find anything that it kills viruses after it dries.

LTG : )

3 months later
    #18 3 years ago

This is what we are using at my location.
    https://globalshieldsolutions.com/product-category/sd-90/
    https://www.kaltja360.world/sd-90-faq

I'm not a scientist or doctor. I have no idea if it truly works. But it gives me and my customers a bit of peace of mind. Still masking up, still washing hands, still sanitizing.

#19 3 years ago

It’s a good product that fights the spread of covid. It will pull paint off an EM cabinet, so be careful there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bio-cide-does-it-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.