• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

legs splayed out (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

It takes a lot of practice - I've been playing for about a decade now and still can't pocket a ball in any given hole reliably. Some, yes. Others, no.

Pushing, pulling, and twisting are all crucial skills when playing a bingo, and the skills transfer to flipper games as well. But bingos are the real nudging test.

Being able to walk a ball from one side to the other by passing across posts is an easy way to start learning. If the ball starts circling the pocket, pulling the game is usually the more effective way to pull it free.

Small twists can give the ball just enough spin to pull it free of the pockets' orbit.

And sometimes you just have a bad shot. Sometimes there's nothing you can do to save it, and you then have to adjust your strategy.

Plunge strength is huge, but once it's on the playing surface is when the real test begins. I generally try to plunge for one side or the other then move the ball where I want it to go +/- left/right.

It takes time and patience to learn how to do it well, but it's really a great feeling when you manage to scoop a ball into the -one- pocket you need for a really great win.

Ah, and newer rubbers make it far easier to bounce from post to post. The older the rubber, the less 'action' the playfield will have. There are two sizes of rubbers that will fit on the posts. You need 5/16", IIRC.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I would also consider loosening the leg bolts a tad so the game has a bit more give to it. Assuming that you can do that without compromising the safety of the game; I know they are heavy.

I would recommend against that for most bingos.

Quoted from jeffc:

bingopodcast, you forgot to mention the part where bingo nudgers grab the machine by the siderails, like halfway up the cabinet or wherever the ball is.

You're totally right - following the ball down the playfield and grabbing the sides and following all the way down is a trick I learned from Vic_Camp and Steve S. There are many folks that prefer to control just via the lockbar - pushing and pulling using that as a control stick. This mostly applies to later games with a metal instruction plate or metal wrapped lockbar, but I'm sure the same principle can be applied to earlier games.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

It does sound like all that twisting and nudging would be sure to tilt the game.

It might - that's the control part. Figuring out how to move the game without losing it is key.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingos-special-nudging-tricks?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.