By RyanClaytor

6 months ago

Stats

• Started 6 months ago
  • 65 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Vic_Camp

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

York show 10-1-16 001 (resized).JPG
York show 10-1-16 012 (resized).JPG
image-15 (resized).jpg
York show 10-1-16 102 (resized).JPG (© Bin)
York show 10-1-16 101 (resized).JPG (© Bin)
York show 10-1-16 100 (resized).JPG (© Bin)
York show 10-1-16 099 (resized).JPG (© Bin)
York show 10-1-16 035 (resized).JPG
0 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161001_175620 (resized).jpg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 65 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 months ago

Best topic in a while. If ever I needed to fly to a show its got to be to see the bingo's. Maybe next year if you are planning to bring them again.

I love playing a bingo.

#52 6 months ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Myself included! I learned a ton just being around "The Row" this past weekend. And, Vic, thanks to your...

...I felt like I even picked-up a new nudging technique that made more sense to me. Thanks for showin' up on Saturday. I was really hoping to meet you after hearing your exuberance for the bingos on Nick's podcast.

No prob! Thanks for chiming in here, Gerry. It was fun for me to read through Nick's write-up as well. While we spent 5 days together, there were a few moments of separation and entertaining for me to read through those flashes of crisis.

Ha-ha! Uhm...well, I've definitely become a shirt snob after printing so many.
    "Is this 100% ring-spun, organic, hourly-combed, high thread count, Egyptian cotton? NO!??!" *rag bag*
    But, you're right, my wardrobe is getting pretty full. Ha-ha!

Ryan it was nice meeting you in person at the York show on Bingo Row. The shirts this years are super cool and you did a great job on the design and coloring etc. I was glad to see a 6 card game on the shirt since they are my favorite and i grew up playing 6 card bingos on routes for many years.

You and Nick make a great team and both you guys deserve special thanks from all the bingo players that enjoyed your hard work bring in a half of dozen bingos for all to see and play on Bingo Row. It's greatly appreciated.

#53 6 months ago

Thanks Vic - I appreciate you coming out to check out the ultimate six card game this year. Always fun to play a game you've never seen!

Also: did you notice the titles of the machines in the illustration? Check out the one on the right side. We put some good Easter Eggs in the illustration.

Ryan is an excellent illustrator and comics artist (http://www.elephanteater.com/) - I have had the great pleasure of working with him twice now on a professional level, and he is just as committed and helpful as he was when toting games. Thanks again Ryan.

#54 6 months ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

If ever I needed to fly to a show its got to be to see the bingo's. Maybe next year if you are planning to bring them again.

There are always lots to choose from at York - as with last year, when I said 'I'll never bring that many again', that's how I feel right now. I may end up just bringing the Multi and one other game next year. We had a couple of folks sidelined this year that wanted to bring games, so the row should still be there with or without a truck full from Nick.

I would love to meet you in person and hear your thoughts on the games. If you can fit that beautiful Can-Can in the overhead, even better.

#55 6 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

On another note, I'm proud to say I've played all of Jeff's, I mean Jeffrey's, machines at his home fifteen years ago.

Jeffrey keeps all of his games in tip top mechanical condition. He is an amazing technician, and there are VERY few that I would put on his level.

I've had the good fortune of playing his games earlier this year (and at York for the past several), and I agree: I love them all.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Carol, but I have enjoyed the stories about her from Jeffrey and his wonderful books:

"Bally Bingo Pinball Machines"

amazon.com link »

And "The Bingo Pinball War: Bally vs. United"

amazon.com link »

#56 6 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Ryan, Glad to see you now have Bingo play figured out.

Ha-ha! I'm not gonna claim to have any mastery over the Bingos, but it was DEFINITELY an educational weekend in that regard. As I mentioned...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...I even managed to give a successful bingo tutorial to a newcomer...

...surprising even myself! *LOL*

Quoted from MrBally:

Now, if we can just get Clay to allow a "Bingo Row" in the next expansion of the VFW.

Good luck with that uphill battle.

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Ryan it was nice meeting you in person at the York show on Bingo Row.

I feel the same, Vic. You're in incredible ambassador of the Bingos and I was happy to get a first-hand lesson from you. Next time I'll try to be better prepared for spotting duties.

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

The shirts this years are super cool and you did a great job on the design and coloring etc. I was glad to see a 6 card game on the shirt since they are my favorite and i grew up playing 6 card bingos on routes for many years.

Thanks, Vic. I'm a little hesitant to talk about these shirts because I REALLY LIKE them. Ha-ha! (Don't wanna sound like a self-absorbed artist. ) Anyway, when drawing that shirt I sat there with Jeffrey's book right beside me. Tried to show some representation from most makes and models. Glad that was recognized.

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

You and Nick make a great team and both you guys deserve special thanks from all the bingo players that enjoyed your hard work bring in a half of dozen bingos for all to see and play on Bingo Row. It's greatly appreciated.

That was pretty apparent from the highly occupied 'Row. I couldn't believe how many times I walked by and saw virtually every bingo being played. Made it all worth it.

Not to mention I got to hang out with...

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Nick

...and witness his mad-genius on the Multi-Bingo first hand. A fantastic weekend, for sure.

Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thanks again Ryan.

*man-hugs!!!*

#57 6 months ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thanks Vic - I appreciate you coming out to check out the ultimate six card game this year. Always fun to play a game you've never seen!
    Also: did you notice the titles of the machines in the illustration? Check out the one on the right side. We put some good Easter Eggs in the illustration.
    Ryan is an excellent illustrator and comics artist (http://www.elephanteater.com/) - I have had the great pleasure of working with him twice now on a professional level, and he is just as committed and helpful as he was when toting games. Thanks again Ryan.

It was a blast playing the ultimate six card game called Mississippi Show Boat on your Multi-Bingo. I only wish Bally maufactured more of these. Does anyone know how many Mississippi Show Boats were made?

I would have love to play this game on route back in the 1970's when i played my heart out trying to make numbers for in line wins. I think giving the player a 6th ball on this 6 card game would have made for many larger payouts.

Check out this awesome looking/playing game here at this link.
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=6275&picno=65292

#58 6 months ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Check out this awesome looking/playing game

Seriously. ...love that cabinet art!

image-15 (resized).jpg

#59 6 months ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Imagine that cabinet artwork on Nick's Multi-Bingo. It would look phenomenal!

York show 10-1-16 012 (resized).JPG

#60 6 months ago

That's only a beta copy. Wait 'til Nick perfects it. It'll have awesome graphics!

#61 6 months ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

2nd that

#62 6 months ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Imagine that cabinet artwork on Nick's Multi-Bingo. It would look phenomenal!

I don't dispute that, but I have a feeling Nick's got something else up his sleeve.

#63 6 months ago

I'm sure it will outstanding.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:
    I don't dispute that, but I have a feeling Nick's got something else up his sleeve.

I'm sure it will outstanding.

#64 6 months ago

Yep, I've got something special I'm working on for it. JR's correct. Boy that looks rough right now without a game beside it! Haha!

...I've got a year to figure out my stencil/cabinet artwork. I'll be posting in the Multi-Bingo thread to reveal.

#65 6 months ago

Five in a line on Bingo Row...oh what a feeling!

York show 10-1-16 001 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Playfield - Plastics
    Arts Arcade
    $ 899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    There are 65 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 197 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.