Bingo Roll Over Buttons and Playfield Inserts?

By KYBingo

4 weeks ago

Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 weeks ago by KYBingo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 29 days ago

Just about through polishing the Laguna Beach playfield. I know NEVER to play with dirty balls!

I have, but would like to replace/restore the red and yellow roll-over buttons (faded to white)and accompanying lamp cover inserts. I have cleaned those that I have and think if I am going to rebuild the roll-over buttons I will need to paint them. The lamp cover inserts (red and yellow) are in rough shape. Measuring them, they appear to be 7/8" round. No supplier of parts lists this size. 1" and 3/4" yes.

Please give me some hints, tips, and direction to restore/replace these items.

#2 29 days ago

measure the hole in the playfield. The plastics shrink over time.

on the other hand, I vaguely recall trying to find inserts a lot of years ago without luck.

#3 29 days ago

Bingo Butch has one of everything
    He would be my first try!
    Terry K

#4 27 days ago

The inserts I have are the right size and when I re-install them into the playfield, I will use a filler below them to insure that they are level with the play surface. I restored them by first sanding them carefully with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. This removed bubbles, pits and splatters of what I thought was paint. The inserts were molded in their respective colors (red and yellow). After sanding , I polished them glass smooth with Novus 2.

The roll over buttons will require a different approach. The yellow button is molded in in yellow plastic and will be polished with Novus 2. After polishing, I will reassemble it into its cleaned guide. The red button was molded in white plastic and will require color to be added. I have sprayed two coats of red Krylon paint onto test piece of plastic. After a day or two drying I will attempt polishing.

While working through this Laguna Beach restoration, I have found that I have all the pieces (so far) and have been doing primarily restoration. Better know as "doing the best you can with what you have". When the buttons are reassembled I will attach images of the final results.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 170.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Mods
    $ 989.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside