(Topic ID: 201789)

Bingo Play Primer?

By zacaj

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vic_Camp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Check out this link of a Bally Gay Time bingo pinball machine which is almost exactly like a Bally Gayety bingo pinball machine.
    Here you will learn a little bit about the operation and features of the game.

Understanding the Magic Pockets and Moving Lines feature are an important part of the game play on Gayety or Gay Time. The odds payout scoring and Red and Yellow lines, corners when lit, Spot numbers 25 or 10, extra ball all play a part in the game play.

The most important thing is learning how to maneuver the ball around the playfield to make the correct number to score replays or free plays. This will take some time and is the fun part about the game. Its a real challenge to make numbers for in line wins and takes some practice, but worth the effort.

Here's a Gayety is action with many features lit including extra balls.

Bingo are fun and interesting to play once you really put the time into learning how
    to literally play them and understand how all the features work on your game. They require a skilled
    pinball player to move the ball around the maze like playfield lay out to make numbered holes for in line wins or replays.
    Making numbered holes for in line wins is the skilled challenge and what makes them interesting to play and fun when you can beat the game for replays.

How to play a bingo pinball machine and make numbered holes for in line payouts.

Well, how can you describe in words how to make a numbered hole on a bingo pinball playfield to connect for "in line" wins especially the "bally hole number"
    which is the number 16. The 16 is one of the harder numbers to make, but there are also many other tough numbers to make like the 4, 15, or 17 to
    name a few which to me are just as hard to make as the 16.

First of all there is no secret or magic trick to making the numbered holes you need. The best thing any player can do is play a bingo pinball machine
    everyday or as much as you can to give yourself a chance to get a feel for the way the ball rolls around through that "maze like field" of numbered holes
    on a bingo playfield. The foundation of a "stance and style" is important too. I hold the cabinet with my two hands tightly gripping the wood or metal side rails
    starting at the top of the playfield after hooting a ball from the ball shooter lane. Then quickly when needed sliding my hands downwards when the ball moves
    downwards but always keeping my hands even with the ball as it travels downwards. Example: If I am trying to make the number 23 my hands will end up at
    the bottom of the playfield side rails after being on the top and middle of the playfield side rails as the ball travels down. I find that I have more control of the ball when my are hands "horizontally" even with the location of the ball on the playfield making it easier to try to make the ball go where I want it to go. I also have my left thigh wedged under the cabinet in front below the coin door at all times while the ball is in play too. This helps me a great deal for balance and comfort as part of my "stance and style" and shaking when necessary. I always play crouch down some and bent over forward leaning down towards the playfield leaving only 8" from my eyes to the playfield glass, for that feeling of becoming part of the machine and always concentrating very hard with every move the ball makes. You know the old saying practice makes perfect and you will need plenty of time in on a bingo pinball to make some of the numbers on the playfield you need for a in line wins or "hits". A hit is a slang term use by bingo players for collecting wins or replays for in line or numbered lights in a row on a backglass bingo card.

Being a serious bingo player and gambler on these magnificent games of luck and skill for over 30 years growing up trying to make a living off of them as a kid
    and playing mostly everyday, I am no expert, but the 16 can be made several ways if the playfield is correctly shopped out. Before I explain how to make the
    16 or any other numbered hole, the first tip and the most important tip I can give in playing a bingo pinball, is to only and I mean only shake the machine when you need to move the ball in your favor towards a numbered hole or away from a number hole you do not need. Shaking is the key to learning how to make a numbered hole and becoming a great player. It's like any other game that is new to you. To understand when to shake and when not to shake requires the person to learn this by themselves from getting a feel for playing a bingo on their own daily. The way I play is, I only shake when I need to, carefully watching the ball at all times and always ready to shake in a spit second if needed. When playing a bingo pinball you must be very focused and you need strong concentration while the ball is in the playfield heading for a numbered hole. Sometime you need to make the ball take it's natural path only shaking it away from all numbered holes except the numbers you need to make in order to get a winner. This will come when a new or novice player has dedicated some time each day to play and study the natural path of how the silver ball rolls. Once you have reached a "fair" to "good" level for playing a bingo you are now ready to look for the common rolls for making the 16 or any numbered hole on the playfield.

Here we go:
    First always shoot the ball on the correct side of the playfield for your needed number in line. The correct side of the playfield will be the side which you have a better chance of making the 16, you do this by following your blockers. "Blockers" are the balls already shot out that are now sitting in a numbered hole on the playfield. By controlling the ball in play and making the ball in play hit another dead ball that is already in a numbered hole you give yourself a better chance to make it to the 16 or any other number you need before dropping in a unwanted numbered hole. Blockers are another important part in making the numbers you need for in line winners. Getting the ball near the numbered 16 hole is the first thing on the list to do. Using your "blockers" and being on the correct side of the playfield will give you a chance at making the 16 or any other numbered hole you may need.

Lets identify and label the 5 bumper posts that are just above the third row of numbers 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18. We will label the 5 posts from left to right A,B,C,D,E. One of the most common ways the ball goes in the numbered 16 hole is by getting the ball between the B & C post or C & D post. Once the ball is there you can watch it closely and not choose to shake or and take your chances of the ball going into the 16 on it's own or when the ball is there you can shake the ball side to side gently between post B & C or C & D which ever two post you have the ball at and then watching it closely just as the ball is hitting post B or C for the last time is when you stop shaking side to side and try to allow the ball to drop into the 16 hole.

A lot really depends on if the bingo machine playfield is shopped correctly in the players favor for making the numbered holes you need for winning.
    Having good rubbers on the posts is a must for starters. Most operators would have dead rubbers through out the playfield posts and the tilt set very
    sensitive so the player wouldn't be able to control the ball at all, therefore taking away a players skill for making his numbers needed to win. This
    condition of the playfield could not give the player the best opportunity to make numbers for pay outs which allowed the operators to make a fortune
    in cash from players losing all the time. In home use have new bouncy rubbers and the tilt set in favor of the player.

I used to put a empty soda can behind the machine in the center top section of the back box (or head) and have a friend or partner I was playing
    with push the machine forward, so I could wedge the soda can in between the wall and the back box (or head).By doing this it would give the machine
    some stiffness and wouldn't allow the tilt bob to move or swing back and forth as much when trying to shake the machine to make a number therefore giving back some advantage to the player for winning. This helped me a great deal, but some bingo players hated my can trick invention and would pull the machine backwards towards them allowing the soda can to drop down to the floor. I new this because I would find the soda can on the floor under the machine and have seen them do it after I got off the machine. If I wanted to play again, I would have to set back up the soda can which always wasn't easy to do with the owner of the of the place watching you most of the time. There are other things players used to do to rig the games in their favor but operators and store
    owners didn't like it, but it was always all right for the vendor or operators to rig the machines against the players.

What great times I had hanging around bingo pinball machines. It was the main attraction in my life for a long period. I have met all walks of
    life that shared the same interest in these very addictive pinball machines because of the chance of winning cold cash at that very instance. That was
    the real draw to these fantastic games when they were on route back in the day. Being a poor boy growing up on the streets of Newark, NJ and never having any spare money, knowing I had a chance to turn 2 dollars into 20 dollars or more was a big deal.

The most I ever one on a bingo machine happened twice in a short period of time when I was 29 years old in the late 1970's after playing bingo's for at least 15 years. It was playing on a bingo called Dixieland and just cracked open a fresh 10.00 roll of quarters. I needed the number 21 for 5 in a line on the sixth card, plus I had the magic number and the sixth card was paying a double double feature that was lit. After making the 21 "like the ball had eyes" I then had the nerve to double down the double or nothing feature that comes up at the end of the game making my 1200 wins turn into 2400. That’s right, the total pay out was 2400 replays at 25 cents a replay which equal a cash out payment of 600.00 not bad for putting in the maximum coin limit of 11 quarters. Remember I did this twice in a 6 month period. I didn't cash in right away because I felt I was going to get another giant hit again but didn't and played the re! ! plays down to a even 2000 replays cashed in. This Dixieland was a brand new one at the time and wasn't on location that long, so it had good rubbers on it and played to a bingo players advantage. The store owner I new from being a constant player at his location so he paid me what he could and told me to come back tomorrow for the rest of the money. He was in a state of shock when he heard the sound of 2400 replays being racked up on the replay meter. There was one catch the next day when he paid me in full. He said that I was not allowed to play there for a while that I was barred from the premises. He did let me back in the store and play again after about two weeks or so, but the game had been rig by the operator with dead rubber rings and the tilt very sensitive. So I played a few games and left that place. There were plenty of other locations through out the city to play, so off I went.

All my bingo's in my collection have Wico 5/16" super high bounce rubber rings making my games play like a dream. These Wico or any good brand
    rubber rings allows a player to make most numbered hole without using much shaking at all because the ball just is very alive from good bouncing
    action, which none of the operators had when bingos were out on routes. Having the playfield level, waxed and a great set of rubbers rings, plus lively playfield
    springs make a huge difference in play when trying to make numbers for hits on a bingo pinball machine. Making the 16 or any numbered holes takes
    some practice, but with the bingo correctly cleaned, waxed, new rubber rings you'll increase your chances of winning, which makes it more fun and less skill.

Well for me the thrill of playing the bingo's will never be what it was 40 years ago, but having them down in my gameroom brings me
    comfort, joy and memories that stay burning bright in my mind and I still love to play the Bingo games even today.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vic_Camp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingo-play-primer?tu=Vic_Camp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.