(Topic ID: 39906)

Bingo hunting ?

By HELLODEADCITY

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Its_Alive_(resized).JPG
    Aug_trip_092_(resized).jpg
    Aug_trip_097_(resized).jpg (© hERE)
    IMG_6605_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6603_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6602_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6600_(resized).JPG
    SHOWTIME_(resized).JPG
    Cool_Can_Can_Bingo_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    BingDeal10-7-15_344.jpg
    BingDeal10-7-15_343.jpg
    BingDeal10-7-15_346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Svengo:

Are those things that fun?
    I see them for sale all the time on the local CL and they seem to sit forever and don't really look all that interesting to me. Maybe I'm missing something I guess I need to play one.

Well, imagine if you bought a slot machine and just played it for fun. It's sort of like that but with a bit more interactivity. They're much more interesting from a historical perspective.

Also, figuring out the rules and odds is kind of interesting. Some of them are ridiculously complex - I think way more complex than slot machines of that era.

Most will let you buy an extra ball, and often multiple extra balls. However, the EB is not guaranteed. You can "wager" a credit and there's a %chance you'll actually get it, and I think the %chance goes down with each additional extra ball you want to buy. A few times I had to spend as much as 20 credits to get an EB. So you're gambling on how many credits you'll have to waste to get the EB and whether it's worth it given your most likely payout (assuming you make the shot, of course).

The credits aren't like free games in modern games. I racked up 80 credits on a game recently. Then I used up 60 on the very next game.

6 months later
    #79 10 years ago

They still make bingos. They make them in China and it appears they're mainly sold to central and south america.

I contacted a distributor and learned they cost about $500 each, and shipping was around $550.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BEJ2vE8dw8Q

3 weeks later
    #93 10 years ago
    Quoted from TurboBengal:

Found some great deals for you Bingo Fans.
    $100 per. Take your pick.
    indianapolis.craigslist.org link
    Finders fee now accepted in karma
    In all seriousness, what are these worth per as a project? I am curious.

Bingos tend to go for very little. $50 - 200 is typical. I have been offered a few for free.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingo-hunting?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.