(Topic ID: 39906)

Bingo hunting ?

By HELLODEADCITY

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Its_Alive_(resized).JPG
    Aug_trip_092_(resized).jpg
    Aug_trip_097_(resized).jpg (© hERE)
    IMG_6605_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6603_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6602_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6600_(resized).JPG
    SHOWTIME_(resized).JPG
    Cool_Can_Can_Bingo_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    BingDeal10-7-15_344.jpg
    BingDeal10-7-15_343.jpg
    BingDeal10-7-15_346.jpg
    There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 8 years ago

At the end of the day they are both great games (I love Magic Squares) - if Showtime is a giant cosmetic project then I would pass and move to Big Show, but if they are both similar condition, I'd stick with Showtime.

#252 8 years ago

Going to pick up one or the other tomorrow!. Will post pics.

1 week later
    #254 8 years ago

Showtime acquired... damn that head is HEAVY.

The good
    - backglass is really nice
    - playfield is good
    - wood trim is restorable & unpainted.
    - has two cigarette holders
    - cabinet seems strong, not all wobbly
    - looks complete as far as I can tell (except wrong legs)

The bad
    - has wrong metal legs, not wooden
    - cabinet has crappy paintjob
    - inside backbox is really dirty (hoping no WD40 was used, but that may be the case)

Have yet to look inside the cabinet. Dropping it off at my storage facility later this evening, will get some photos then.

#255 8 years ago

dasvis, excellent! The inside of most bingos are dirty - one of my favorite things is the 'bingo smell'. Usually smells of grease and oil. WD-40 - if there's no evidence of fire, then whatever amount of WD-40 was used is probably OK.

Can't wait to see photos. You'll be impressed by how empty the cabs are compared to the head.

#256 8 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

dasvis, excellent! - one of my favorite things is the 'bingo smell'. Usually smells of grease and oil. WD-40 - if

Come on, that's not a bingo smell its a bingo stink! That old cow shin squeezed neadsfoot oil, cigarette tar and 50 years stewing. Phew!

I bleached / washed mine during the restore and it only hums a bit now .

Love my Can Can machine more than most of my pinballs.

Cool_Can_Can_Bingo_(resized).JPGCool_Can_Can_Bingo_(resized).JPG

#257 8 years ago

As well you should - what a beauty!
    So... When was the last time you got a blue hit for 600? One of my favorite things on the screen games.

Of course, scoring in multiple colors is pretty nice too. And can cans ability to light both super sections...

#258 8 years ago

With the glass on or off?

On... never nor a 5 in a line.

#259 8 years ago

Steve - sounds like you've got some playing to do!

#260 8 years ago

I do play a bunch but just not very good.

My 18 year old son plays the Can Can once in a while and the last time I watched him he immediately got a 5 in a line opportunity and I 'helped him to get the final # with a gentle push on the machine and it tilted. I got the evil stare and he went back to his X box!

#261 8 years ago

Haha! Perfect. I'm not very good either.

But... if the stars and skill line up just right, and I get that three or 2 in the blue section... and the replays start ticking up? Heaven.

I really like when the 2 in blue lights, since I need all the help I can get.

My favorite game of the moment is the Night Club. I really love the Squares and the strategy involved with getting the double/triple/quadruple lines going - so Dasvis, I think you'll really like that Showtime. Can't wait to see the photos.

#262 8 years ago

I've had a couple Can-Cans, great game and yours looks great. Luv the OK games....................

Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Come on, that's not a bingo smell its a bingo stink! That old cow shin squeezed neadsfoot oil, cigarette tar and 50 years stewing. Phew!
    I bleached / washed mine during the restore and it only hums a bit now .
    Love my Can Can machine more than most of my pinballs.
    Cool_Can_Can_Bingo_(resized).JPG

#263 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Showtime acquired... damn that head is HEAVY.
    The good
    - backglass is really nice
    - playfield is good
    - wood trim is restorable & unpainted.
    - has two cigarette holders
    - cabinet seems strong, not all wobbly
    - looks complete as far as I can tell (except wrong legs)
    The bad
    - has wrong metal legs, not wooden
    - cabinet has crappy paintjob
    - inside backbox is really dirty (hoping no WD40 was used, but that may be the case)
    Have yet to look inside the cabinet. Dropping it off at my storage facility later this evening, will get some photos then.

Show Time is great bingo to have in your collection and for so many reasons. Here are a few of my favorite things about this sensational player. Artwork and coloring are attractive and this game will keep you staring at the beautiful women arranged so perfectly between the triple deck scoring too. This turning corners game was Bally's 25th anniversary game which proudly displayed on the left side of the top arch. I can list many other awesome features Bally built into this intelligent EM pinball machine but I will save them for another post perhaps or hopefully other bingo collectors will join in and add them. I know your going to enjoying owning this bingo. Great find!

#264 8 years ago

Thanks all - looking forward to getting this thing up & running again. Glad to know there are so many knowledgeable Bingo folks here on the EM pinside forum.

#265 8 years ago

Stopped by my storage & took a few quick photos of the backglass - this is NICE!

IMG_6600_(resized).JPGIMG_6600_(resized).JPG

IMG_6602_(resized).JPGIMG_6602_(resized).JPG

IMG_6603_(resized).JPGIMG_6603_(resized).JPG

IMG_6605_(resized).JPGIMG_6605_(resized).JPG

#266 8 years ago

Here's a bingo you don't see often that I came across many years ago.

Aug_trip_097_(resized).jpgAug_trip_097_(resized).jpg

#267 8 years ago

Vic is that a converted Keeney Venus? Cab design and lockbar buttons make it look similar. Or is it a converted Barrel o fun?

#268 8 years ago

Not sure. It could be a Barrel o Fun.

Aug_trip_092_(resized).jpgAug_trip_092_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #269 8 years ago

Got my first bingo, a Roller Derby, from Vic over the weekend. She didn't enjoy the rough ride home much over the winter roads but after some work she's up and going with only a couple minor things to work out. Needs a new backglass desperately but I'm working on it!

Its_Alive_(resized).JPGIts_Alive_(resized).JPG

#270 8 years ago

Welcome aboard !

There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingo-hunting/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.