By viper001

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
MV5BMzM4NjY1NDg0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEzNDUwNA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_ (resized).jpg
29246C2C-088E-4318-B9ED-A14A323B842F (resized).jpeg
E51CB097-D528-4586-ADB4-47AA299DB4E4 (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-589153818-920x584 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
15238166924231165330974 (resized).jpg
thumbnail (resized).jpeg
4158372113_d3fd83653e (resized).jpg
afp_537913321_70876502 (resized).jpg
roy_shildt_guarding_missile_command_8_7_2005b (resized).JPG
download (3) (resized).jpg
hoodie (resized).jpg
jb (resized).jpg
speedmaybe_by_doctormoodb-db2qx1s.gif
55b13b872acae719008b95ca-750-375 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spazzman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 5 years ago

Sorry. You can bet the perfect pacman is bullshit too. Being done in 1999, could have been emulation, or any other hackery off an original board which has been mentioned for many years.

Quoted from Neurocrasher:

It sounds like Twin Galaxies has a problem with official events and judges, too, as it's my understanding so many of Todd Rogers' illegitimate scores were verified by official refs, some of which were supposedly done at events. Twin Galaxies needs a complete replacement, something like highscore.com. I won't pretend HS doesn't have problems with cheaters, but they seemingly have no problem calling them out (unlike Twin Galaxies... seriously, these scores stood for waaaaay too long).
As long as we're not talking a high profile world record like DK, I'm okay with video shot at home as long as they do one take (no cuts) and remove the camera from the tripod to clearly show the PCB connected to the cabinet and screen they're playing on. The board might be suspect, but you could rule out MAME at the very least. Streaming live on Twitch is even better than video, but there are cheaters there, too.
I almost feel bad for Mitchell because he was a good player and at least some of the scores removed are legit. I mean, I'm not going to lose sleep over it or anything, but I still believe he was (probably) the first to get a perfect Pac-Man. Someone on Reddit's speedrun sub pointed out that Steve Weibe is now the first person to get a million points on DK, though, so I guess that's a silver lining.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spazzman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/billy-mitchell-stripped-of-donkey-kong-record?tu=spazzman90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.