By viper001

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
MV5BMzM4NjY1NDg0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEzNDUwNA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_ (resized).jpg
29246C2C-088E-4318-B9ED-A14A323B842F (resized).jpeg
E51CB097-D528-4586-ADB4-47AA299DB4E4 (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-589153818-920x584 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
15238166924231165330974 (resized).jpg
thumbnail (resized).jpeg
4158372113_d3fd83653e (resized).jpg
afp_537913321_70876502 (resized).jpg
roy_shildt_guarding_missile_command_8_7_2005b (resized).JPG
download (3) (resized).jpg
hoodie (resized).jpg
jb (resized).jpg
speedmaybe_by_doctormoodb-db2qx1s.gif
55b13b872acae719008b95ca-750-375 (resized).jpg
There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago

If he cheats at video game scores, I wouldn't trust his hot sauce. He might just be buddies with the health inspector.

Just joking, I wish I would have remembered he sold hot sauce around Christmas when my son wanted some different kinds in his stocking.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Billy & Walter were just announced for SFGE, might be interesting...

Personally speaking, I’m getting real tired of seeing their dishonest asses every year at the SFGE.

#103 6 years ago

He'll probably make a buck out of all this
billy's new hot sauce: stop monkying around eat con sauce, its cheating hotness!

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

If he cheats at video game scores, I wouldn't trust his hot sauce. He might just be buddies with the health inspector.
Just joking, I wish I would have remembered he sold hot sauce around Christmas when my son wanted some different kinds in his stocking.

Franks Hot Sauce has a nice gift assortment

#105 6 years ago

Time for Mr. Awesome to get in on the hot sauce business. "Don't get chumpatized with fake sauce!"

Richard

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

He didnt show up today

If you're talking about MGC, he was here. I got my photo with him.

#107 6 years ago

This thread is funny as hell....... OMG he cheated. He got stripped of his titles and is now labeled a video game cheater. Ok, so did Tom Brady , every team in Nascar and every sporting event from the beginning of time, lip sync singers ect ecte ect .

I bet this is seriously going to have detrimental life changing recourse....... just wait till he apply's for another job and they ask if he was ever full of shit on his video game scores .

If his hot sauce is good id buy it .... who the fk cares.

#108 6 years ago

I’m withholding judgement, same as with John Trudeau. Billy was nice to my son, so honestly I don’t GAF about some old score. He’s a very decent guy. Even if he cheated, that just proves that he’s peak Florida, and I can even kinda respect that.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m withholding judgement, same as with John Trudeau. Billy was nice to my son, so honestly I don’t GAF about some old score. He’s a very decent guy. Even if he cheated, that just proves that he’s peak Florida, and I can even kinda respect that.

Kinda funny that anyone would even consider video taped worlds records ..... thats just asking for stuff like this to happen.

#110 6 years ago

I just want people to understand that there’s more to Billy than his stupid American Flag tie, his zipperhead haircut and his tainted world record. Under all that crap is a guy that I would trust to educate my son more than the college I sent my son to. He is a a Good Person, even though he and I might be at the opposite ends of the political spectrum. Nuff said.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just want people to understand that there’s more to Billy than his stupid American Flag tie, his zipperhead haircut and his tainted world record. Under all that crap is a guy that I would trust to educate my son more than the college I sent my son to. He is a a Good Person, even though he and I might be at the opposite ends of the political spectrum. Nuff said.

YEP..... theres a hell of alot more people right here on this group that we call our friends that screw a fellow pinsider out of a buck by not being totally transparent when selling a game.

You tell me who the fk's worst.

#112 6 years ago

Good people, in my books, don't cheat.

If they are willing to lie/cheat about something so insignificant, it leads me to believe they won't hesitate to do the same for serious matters.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If they are willing to lie/cheat about something so insignificant, it leads me to believe they won't hesitate to do the same for serious matters.

Tell that to every major sporting event steroid user.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Tell that to every major sporting event steroid user.

I never excused steroid users. Doesn't matter if it's steroids or just plain cheating/lying, they are not good people.

Ben Johnson
Lance Armstrong
Tim Donaghy
Rosie Ruiz
Tonya Harding
Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire/Sammy Sosa/Alex Rodriguez/Rafael Palmero

and now...
Billy Mitchell

#115 6 years ago

No way Billy was using steroids.
He is tall and quite thin.
Actually, he needs to eat a couple (dozen) cheeseburgers to put some weight on.
If he is a vegetarian, then bulk up on more beans, but not the night before attending an arcade expo or festival.

#116 6 years ago

#117 6 years ago

I'd like to see an interview with Steve, and or Walter. Todd not so much.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

+1!

#119 6 years ago

I talked with him a bit today and he came across as a legit good guy. I didn't dig into the controversy though. I pulled him aside as Bowen was dominating TNA. I asked him if he was into pinball and he said he was into them until video games took over. He said he plaid games like Evil Kanival. Also watched him play Pac man and he is legit very good. No idea about the whole debate, but he's not the total dick a lot of people think.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

If you're talking about MGC, he was here. I got my photo with him.

Yeah, I've seen him a couple times but his table has been empty all day.

#121 6 years ago

AH,Poor old Tanya,She didn't know and she had no idea..Haha!!

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I never excused steroid users. Doesn't matter if it's steroids or just plain cheating/lying, they are not good people.
Ben Johnson
Lance Armstrong
Tim Donaghy
Rosie Ruiz
Tonya Harding
Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire/Sammy Sosa/Alex Rodriguez/Rafael Palmero
and now...
Billy Mitchell

I didn't realize that video game playing was an athletic event. Then again, there's a thread where pinball tournament players consider themselves athletes....

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Yeah, I've seen him a couple times but his table has been empty all day.

He wasn't around the table much, but he was walking around, taking pictures, talking with people, and playing games.

#124 6 years ago

He seemed in good spirits, fancy all white suit, with the American flag tie and pocket napkin.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Its threads like these that really make me feel like a nerd. This seems like a lot of shit all for a high score on a game.

A massive amount of brown. I am just watching all of this, but I am watching.

I'm kind of glad to be reading about potential cheating on video games than other world events today.

#126 6 years ago

My take is he maintains the persona, hair, suits, etc. in order to continue to make some cash being Billy Mitchell. For the past X years, since King of Kong, that's been playing the villian. I don't see much changing now.

#127 6 years ago

I would still bet on billy in a comp, but isn't this a pinball web site

#128 6 years ago

Even if that taped score was legit...to hoard it for a year and than present it immediately after his record is broken to reclaim it is kind of a jackass move. If indeed that is how it went down like they portrayed it in King Of Kong.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

He seemed in good spirits, fancy all white suit, with the American flag tie and pocket napkin.

Who knows this might make him even more popular,Heck,this is a pinball forum and we pinheads are talking about him..Lol!! I wonder what the guys on KLOV are saying..

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

So your telling us you have never lied in your entire life about anything......I cant wait for this answer.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So your telling us you have never lied in your entire life about anything......I cant wait for this answer.

Not in competition. Thats the point I was making.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Not in competition. Thats the point I was making.

Haha!! Great question with a Great answer

#133 6 years ago

So your saying you do but not in competition...... Oooooooh my, how do you expect me to believe anything you say from here on in you bad person you.

Now I cant even tell if your last statement is true.

#134 6 years ago

I don't lie my avatar does....

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So your saying you do but not in competition...... Oooooooh my, how do you expect me to anything you say from here on in you bad person you.

Lol....im outta troll food. Sorry buddy

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Lol....im outta troll food. Sorry buddy

Just fun'n around on the topic man. Nothing personal. Have a good one.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just fun'n around on the topic man. Nothing personal. Have a good one.

I caught a guy lying to me one time and i will never forget his excuse Lol!! He said-I'm sorry for lying i have 5 different personally's.. Haha!!

#138 6 years ago

Can we also forgive predator Kevin, he was a good guy too? Oh wait that impacted us here at pinside so he’s still an asshole. If lying impacts another group it’s all cool.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

predator Kevin

Hmmm,Never heard of him

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Can we also forgive predator Kevin, he was a good guy too? Oh wait that impacted us here at pinside so he’s still an asshole. If lying impacts another group it’s all cool.

Totally a different mess. This guy in no way harmed anyone's life and screwed people out of a few $$$$$$$.

Its like comparing a murderer to a traffic offender.

#141 6 years ago

I took a picture with Billy at MGC yesterday. Afterwards, I thanked him and said, "It was a real pleasure to meet you Mr. Wiebe!"

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

This guy in no way harmed anyone's life and screwed people out of a few $$$$$$$.

I am not so sure about that, Steve may say otherwise.

I really need to check out KLOV, I always admired the extreme players. Saw a video on missile command high score attempt, come on 40+ hours on a game I can't remember ever playing longer than 15 mins.

Watched ArcadeAnimal on twitch play ICB for some 6+ hours only stopping when he had to go on family trip or something. Scoring some 300k on a game with four digit scoring, draining 17 extra balls to boot.

Pinball kind of doesn't have that, which I like.
It still has super good players but outlanes and plumb bob still rule the day.

#143 6 years ago

There sure is a lot of publicity flying around.

Beware of flying publicity.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

He is a a Good Person

Good people don't cheat others out of their high score rankings.

-

#145 6 years ago

He and Walter are recording on the Pie Factory Podcast right now. He had his table set up again today.

15238166924231165330974 (resized).jpg15238166924231165330974 (resized).jpg

#146 6 years ago

Is that a nice podcast?

I want a podcaster with a Sam Kinison personality to interview him.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Would you let your son sleep over at John Trudeau's house?

#148 6 years ago

Billy's statement from MGC

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Billy's statement from MGC
» YouTube video

“I’ve been asked to address things that are recently in the media. The fact of the matter is, now there’s a true professional due diligence being done to investigate things that happened as far as 35 years ago. In a professional manner, not in a shock-jock mentality designed to create hits. We will show that everything that has been done, everything was done professionally.

According to the rules, according to the scoreboard, the integrity that was set up. Not 2014-forward by the current regime, who wants to reach back 35 years. Everything will be transparent. Everything will be available.

I wish I had it in my hands right now, I wish I could hand it to you. But it’s taken a considerable amount of time. Witnesses, documents, everything will be made available to you. Nothing will be withheld. You absolutely have my commitment to that. We’ve been at this since 1982, and it’s not gonna stop now.”

#150 6 years ago

The guy can legitimately play. I have some doubt about the cheating claims..

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/billy-mitchell-stripped-of-donkey-kong-record/page/3?hl=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.