(Topic ID: 222143)

Billy Mitchell Scores 1 Mil Live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blake

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oPinsesame
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

billy-mitchell (resized).jpg
Billy Mitchell Donkey Kong Poster (resized).jpeg
IMG_4068.GIF
swing (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
c0f2ff6b-cfee-4392-b906-af1adec25160_text.gif
mitch-mitchell-hayman (resized).jpg
2ezjza (resized).jpg
F62E224F-B9A8-48EC-94FF-D39A956D5957 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider perspex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

I think this all started with the Todd Rogers Atari Dragster WR proving to be impossible (using computer controlled inputs, and perfect start moments). Naturally the Billy Mitchell tape would prove to be another project for YT sleuths.

The tape has screens that load more like a mame screen loads, and contained artifacts ('girder tails') that apparently only show up when running mame hardware. There is discussion about what versions of mame existed then, and how the differences may be noticed on screen.

I really hope with this live million point game that he can begin to rebuild some of that lost reputation, at least with some people in that community. He's a nice guy and I consider myself a fan despite what he might've done with that tape.

#108 5 years ago

I thought it was interesting that his son blew through the post game hardware verification Blair Witch style. You couldn't see dips or board markings, the camera was bouncing all over.
Still...he played quite conservative on barrel boards, and left a lot of points on the table by purposely ending his game at 1 million even. There was room to score much higher, but still nowhere near Lakeman.

#177 5 years ago

Anyone who can score 1 million points on arcade Donkey Kong has my respect.

Anyone who can get through the invisible landscape stages of Gravitar does too.

I'll admit to being a classic arcade WR fanboy, whatever. I also think baseball is boring, different strokes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider perspex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/billy-mitchell-scores-1-mil-live-?tu=perspex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.