(Topic ID: 222143)

Billy Mitchell Scores 1 Mil Live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blake

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oPinsesame
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

billy-mitchell (resized).jpg
Billy Mitchell Donkey Kong Poster (resized).jpeg
IMG_4068.GIF
swing (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
c0f2ff6b-cfee-4392-b906-af1adec25160_text.gif
mitch-mitchell-hayman (resized).jpg
2ezjza (resized).jpg
F62E224F-B9A8-48EC-94FF-D39A956D5957 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I don't hate him because he's a cheater.
I hate him because he's a douchebag.
I couldn't care that he's good at something or not.

It's a persona. Same as an actor who always plays the bad guy. Do you hate them also?

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Not the same. Sorry.

Well since you said so, I guess it's true.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've occasionally seen actors who play douchebags on TV not be a douchebag in real life.

And myself and hundreds of other people have met Billy and talked with him for hours, eaten with him, etc. And he's a nice guy, very friendly and a pleasure to be around.

Soooooo......... Like I said , a persona to make an image for money. Just like an actor.

Different viewpoints and perspectives I guess.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Ok, if you want to play around with words to make it seem like he was innocent.
TG never said he used MAME, they always maintained that the video artifacts shown in the videos he provided could not be replicated on original hardware. Please show me where TG officially communicated that the reason they banned Billy was because he used MAME.

So you've literally just contradicted yourself in the same post. Didn't you just say that he had used MAME?
This is how Team Billy works, don't address any of the accusations, issue out conflicting statements and point fingers everywhere else and say it's a conspiracy.
The guy cheated, get over it.

In the first post TG made about their investigation they claimed Billy was using Mame. Their whole case was based on that. It wasn't until several months later they changed it from "He cheated using XXX version of Mame" to "He cheated using non-original hardware". Apparently proof of what he used and how he used it was not needed. And they still have yet to prove the How. Innocent until Proven guilty? .....hmmmm.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Actually, I was wrong. They did say he used MAME.

And if you read the summary decision, like I just did, you'll see that they specifically say 'Jeremy's assertion concluded that not only can original Donkey Kong arcade hardware not produce the board transition images shown in the recordings, but that these transitions were actually generated through the use of MAME (emulation software.)'
https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800/page326
So they did ban him for using MAME. He did use non-original hardware. These two phrases are not mutually exclusive, they can mean the same thing, that Billy cheated. Classic Team Billy, try to muddy the waters with what is a very simple premise.

Again, classic Team Billy. Completely ignore the pages and pages of analysis where they found multiple times in the tapes Billy submitted video artifacts that could only be produced by MAME output. In case you missed it (or you are just being ignorant), I'll link it for you:
https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800?p=946633&viewfull=1#post946633
There's your proof, right there. If you want to choose to completely ignore that, that's fine, you don't hand out the records, Twin Galaxies does.

If you read the thread, like I did, you can see them narrow down to the specific version of MAME and command line options he used to do it. There's your 'how'.

Again, if you read the thread, you'll see they went out of their way to give Billy the option to discuss their findings, which he refused to do, sending his fanboys instead. You'll also see they went to the trouble of completely replicating the setup Billy used to see if they could duplicate the MAME artifacts on original hardware, they couldn't. They gave Billy every single chance to come forward to clear up the mess over the course of several months and he chose to ignore them completely, so they stripped him of his records.
No one cares if he can hit a million now, plenty of people can do that. Billy is just upset that his sponsorship deals are drying up so he's trying to get himself relevant again by using his fanboy base to try and push a narrative of 'TG set him up', which if you look at the facts just simply isn't true.
Get yourself out of the Team Billy bubble, sit down and read that thread, it's extremely comprehensive. Much more comprehensive than anything Team Billy have pushed out.

And you fail to realize that the version of Mame they claim he used came out 3 years after his first record where they claimed he used it. That's why they took down the mention of Mame in the final verdict.

I'm not on "Team Billy". I just am trying to look at all the information presented.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Please provide a source for this claim. I was gracious enough to provide sources to back up my claims, I would expect you to do the same.

As I stated in my correctly cited post, they did mention MAME in the final verdict. As you seemed to have missed it the first time, here it is again:
https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800?p=964048&viewfull=1#post964048

You seem to be wilfully ignoring anything that contradicts your belief that Billy didn't cheat.

Their quote "While we know for certain that an unmodified original DK arcade PCB did not output the display seen in the videotaped score performances, we cannot definitively conclude that what is on the tapes is MAME."

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800?p=964048&viewfull=1#post964048

Maybe you missed it?

As to other claims.

Billy's 1,047,000 score was on June 4, 2005 (verification date). The claim was that the girder fingers seen in his footage were produced by using Mame. The only versions that do that started at Version 0.116 which came out in June 10, 2007. The versions before did not do that. So if he used Mame how did he get girder fingers when no available version at that time nor for over 2 years after did that?

http://mamedev.org/oldrel.html

This has nothing to do whether or not I think he cheated. My opinion just like everyone else's doesn't matter.

I just like examining things and seeing if I can figure out what I believe might be the truth based on facts and not conjecture. And as of now all TG has shown is conjecture. They've been quick to say they know for sure what hardware he didn't use , but not what he did use. I want to see the smoking gun or bloody knife

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Nice, now you've given me something to work with rather than just conjecture...

What is your point here? Your argument was:

You said they removed any mention of MAME in the final verdict, yet they mention it several times. So could you clarify what exactly is your argument here?

This is incorrect. You can get pre 0.116 versions to display the artifacts if you use the correct command line options, which if you had read the thread you would have noted. Hell someone managed to get a version from 2001 to show the artifacts:
https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800?p=957937&viewfull=1#post957937
Now that we've covered the 'Nuh uh, he would have to have used a time machine for that MAME version', shall we move onto the fact that 2 of the videos he submitted had the incorrect rotation for a direct feed? As in he used the wrong -ror option to match a directfeed setup?
Or the board swap video he himself admitted was faked?
The fact that no one saw him actually play the machine during one of the high score attempts, with the video being streamed from 'another room'.
In my opinion, it's all moot because of my last point:

It's been proven by his own technician he didn't use original hardware, the rules require that original hardware is to be used. If he didn't follow the rules, then he cheated and his scores were invalid. Although it makes for interesting discussions and it's good to cover every single angle possible when making serious accusations like this, it really doesn't matter what he used to record his high score runs, only that it's been proven to not be original hardware.
Every single argument Team Billy has provided has shown to be demonstrably false, yet people still think it's a conspiracy. If you want, we can cover each argument in turn. Just so we are clear, so far we've covered:
1. TG couldn't prove it was MAME - They don't need to, just that it wasn't original hardware
2. That version of MAME didn't exist at the time - Versions of MAME existed as far back as 2001 that displayed the same artifacts
Would you like to pick a number 3 to discuss?

Great info. Thanks for that link to the older Mame versions with command lines. I had never seen that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/billy-mitchell-scores-1-mil-live-?tu=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.