(Topic ID: 222143)

Billy Mitchell Scores 1 Mil Live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blake

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by oPinsesame
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

billy-mitchell (resized).jpg
Billy Mitchell Donkey Kong Poster (resized).jpeg
IMG_4068.GIF
swing (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
c0f2ff6b-cfee-4392-b906-af1adec25160_text.gif
mitch-mitchell-hayman (resized).jpg
2ezjza (resized).jpg
F62E224F-B9A8-48EC-94FF-D39A956D5957 (resized).jpeg

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 months ago

I don't care what he does, did, or didn't do. I just wish at a show like Expo, he wouldn't hog the only Pac Man game for hours until it locks up, when kids or people wanting to try/buy it. Can't get at it.

He could do that at an arcade show, or bring his own game.

LTG : )

#152 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't care what he does, did, or didn't do. I just wish at a show like Expo, he wouldn't hog the only Pac Man game for hours until it locks up, when kids or people wanting to try/buy it. Can't get at it.
He could do that at an arcade show, or bring his own game.
LTG : )

sounds like a dick move. Maybe demonstrating pattern play to interested spectators?

Thanks
Blake

#153 9 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

In what way am I trying to "bait" you into anything? I don't really care about Billy Mitchell or Donkey Kong scores, it's true, but I've found this thread to be interesting and entertaining. But how can we have a meaningful discussion if you won't tell me what you think actually happened?

read through the posts. You will know what i think.

thanks
Blake

#154 9 months ago
Quoted from Blake:

this question was asked over on KLOV and ill reply the same:

Since it is two different boards that are now asking the same question you might get the hint that your nose is buried up the behind of Billy Mitchell.

#155 9 months ago

#156 9 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

This is what I'm talking about. You sound like a child. I'm not trying to be a jerk but guess what players on your favorite sports teams cheat all the time, they just try not to get caught. Baseball was best when they were all juicing anyway.

What's your point? Are you saying he didn't cheat... or I'm a child for stating the fact that he cheated...?

Why do your feelings get so hurt when anybody brings up the fact that he is a proven cheater? I also said he's really good at video games. He is great! But a proven cheater, which is a fact. That doesn't make him a bad player.

#157 9 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What's your point? Are you saying he didn't cheat... or I'm a child for stating the fact that he cheated...?
Why do your feelings get so hurt when anybody brings up the fact that he is a proven cheater? I also said he's really good at video games. He is great! But a proven cheater, which is a fact. That doesn't make him a bad player.

He's great at video games. He's good at cheating. He's really good at cheating at video games. He's not great at making hot sauce.

#158 9 months ago
Quoted from zene10:

I wish somebody would accuse me of cheating.

Cheater

#159 9 months ago

Why on earth are a bunch of grown men talking about some privileged meat lasher who plays video games and get or maybe gets high scores. Is there something wrong here? I guess there is since I am chiming in.

Thanks

#160 9 months ago
Quoted from tamoore:

He's great at video games. He's good at cheating. He's really good at cheating at video games. He's not great at making hot sauce.

i think the hot sauce comment hurts more then anything. Really though i have not tried it but have heard a general consensus that its bland?

Thanks
Blake

#161 9 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Why on earth are a bunch of grown men talking about some privileged meat lasher who plays video games and gets or maybe gets high scores. Is there something wrong here? I guess there is since I am chiming in.
Thanks

#162 9 months ago

Are you a genie?

#163 9 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It bothers me because one little scandal ruins the guys life. It has nothing to do with you. I have seen similar things before. If you strike his name from the records and don't allow him to compete, he has been punished, there is no need to dig the knife in deeper. He can keep his dignity and prove his ability on his own terms. I'm not mad at you, it just the way people think in the U.S. that pisses me off.

#164 9 months ago

Wow what a weird thread, I had no idea anyone cared this much about ol' Billy, that's a lot of exclamation marks.

He's a cheater and a nobody in my book (the cheating is proven, despite the weird check the receipts handwaving), just a dude coasting on some old fame that's questionable now at best. You could say "hey, people change and grow, don't hold their past against them!" like someone did, but that's nonsense. If he admitted he cheated, apologized, and then tried to make good I'd consider it, that's growth. He didn't, he's lied repeatedly, and if he wiggles a joystick life in front of people now I sure don't care, he's already proven that he's not worth wasting time on.

Pinside has a lot more capacity to forgive than I do though, look at the people looking the other way on Jpop in the Deep Root thread, lots of loud posts proudly proclaiming they have no principles if the toy is shiny enough.

Edit: post above mine proving my point, he hasn't atoned for shit, so yeah, he can eat the consequences until the cows come home, no tears here. Lemme know when he fesses up and apologizes and tries to make good instead of digging in deeper, that's nothing to be proud of

#165 9 months ago

In my opinion no matter what the controversy is.
I've seen Billy Mitchell play and he hands down had me jaw dropped at his skill.
I can't last more than 4 minutes on that game, which for the most part is about how long 98% of all DK players do.

Controversy or not...he is an amazing Donkey Kong player that would school just about anyone here if put to the challenge of
playing him on a dedicated original Donkey Kong machine.

#166 9 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

It bothers me because one little scandal ruins the guys life. It has nothing to do with you. I have seen similar things before. If you strike his name from the records and don't allow him to compete, he has been punished, there is no need to dig the knife in deeper. He can keep his dignity and prove his ability on his own terms. I'm not mad at you, it just the way people think in the U.S. that pisses me off.

His life is hardly ruined, in fact, one could argue that this scandal did just the opposite. He's relevant and in the news again and the man loves attention and publicity. He also likes playing the "bad guy"

I'm not digging the knife in deeper or at least that's not my intent. It's just odd that people can't state facts in this thread without people like you jumping at them and complaining about pure facts being brought up.

#167 9 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

In my opinion no matter what the controversy is.
I've seen Billy Mitchell play and he hands down had me jaw dropped at his skill.
I can't last more than 4 minutes on that game, which for the most part is about how long 98% of all DK players do.
Controversy or not...he is an amazing Donkey Kong player that would school just about anyone here if put to the challenge of
playing him on a dedicated original Donkey Kong machine.

There's zero doubt Billy Mitchell is a fantastic classic arcade player, truly one of the elite in his prime. The only question is whether he cheated to establish some of his records, thereby unfairly putting himself ahead of the handful of other guys that could play at his level. So not "he wouldn't have been anything if he hadn't cheated," but instead "he'd have been #2 or #3 in the world instead of #1 if he hadn't cheated."

None of that changes the fact that he's a phenomenal player, but cheating would certainly tarnish his image in many people's eyes, same as in bike racing, baseball, or any other competitive activity.

#168 9 months ago

I don't know Billy. Never met him. I'm just saying let he without sin caste the first stone. I'm against mudslinging pure and simple. That's it. As your grandma told you, " if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".

#169 9 months ago
Quoted from Blake:

read through the posts. You will know what i think.

Done! You like Billy Mitchell, you have spent a lot of time reviewing his evidence, and you do not believe that he cheated. I'm inferring you have concluded that TG somehow doctored the gameplay tape in question, though I don't think you ever came out and said that directly.

Fair enough?

#170 9 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

he without sin caste the first stone

Right on! Let's bring the bible in to a has been video gamer discussion! Maybe the thread will descend to listing our favorite horrible verses.

I'll start: "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD."

#171 9 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I don't know Billy. Never met him. I'm just saying let he without sin caste the first stone. I'm against mudslinging pure and simple. That's it. As your grandma told you, " if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".

My Grandmother was a foul mouthed old hag.

#172 9 months ago
Quoted from tamoore:

He's good at cheating. He's really good at cheating at video games.

If you get caught, doesn't that make you *bad* at cheating?

#173 9 months ago

King of Kong was a very entertaining documentary, but does anybody really give a rat's ass about video game high scores?

#174 9 months ago
Quoted from Honch:

King of Kong was a very entertaining documentary, but does anybody really give a rat's ass about video game high scores?

Clearly, nobody does...

#175 9 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Clearly, nobody does...

I guess they do. I just for the life of me can't figure out why.

#176 9 months ago

In the high-tech post-scarcity society we are barreling towards the only real power in the world comes from setting high scores.

#177 9 months ago

Anyone who can score 1 million points on arcade Donkey Kong has my respect.

Anyone who can get through the invisible landscape stages of Gravitar does too.

I'll admit to being a classic arcade WR fanboy, whatever. I also think baseball is boring, different strokes.

#178 9 months ago

The world is playing Fortnite and other competitive multiplayer games....and he's still playing Donkey Kong? And anyone actually cares?

#179 9 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The world is playing Fortnite and other competitive multiplayer games....and he's still playing Donkey Kong? And anyone actually cares?

The world is also really into retro gaming.

1 week later
#180 9 months ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Anyone who can score 1 million points on arcade Donkey Kong has my respect.

Anyone who can make a lifelong career out of scoring 1 million points on Donkey Kong has my respect. Well, actually I find him annoying, but still...

#181 9 months ago

everybody cheats on video games- patterns, bugs, codes, unlockables, they are all cheats. give it a break.

#182 9 months ago
Quoted from robotron:

everybody cheats on video games- patterns, bugs, codes, unlockables, they are all cheats. give it a break.

Well if they get caught cheating in a contest that forbids it, they shouldn't be shocked if their results get tossed and they aren't invited to play in the future.

#183 9 months ago

Just read this whole thread. The evidence conclusively shows that the OP does not know or acknowledge the word “their”. And so I conclude Billy definitely cheated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside