(Topic ID: 222143)

Billy Mitchell Scores 1 Mil Live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blake

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oPinsesame
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

billy-mitchell (resized).jpg
Billy Mitchell Donkey Kong Poster (resized).jpeg
IMG_4068.GIF
swing (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
c0f2ff6b-cfee-4392-b906-af1adec25160_text.gif
mitch-mitchell-hayman (resized).jpg
2ezjza (resized).jpg
F62E224F-B9A8-48EC-94FF-D39A956D5957 (resized).jpeg
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

hate to tell you bud...

I'm not your Buddy, Guy.

But the rest of your weird ass post sounded weird. Weird right?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Well since you said so, I guess it's true.

I've occasionally seen actors who play douchebags on TV not be a douchebag in real life.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not your fucking Buddy, Guy.

By the lack of substance in your counter ill give you more time to think of a proper comeback. Sound good slick?

Thanks
Blake

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've occasionally seen actors who play douchebags on TV not be a douchebag in real life.

whens the last time you have heard anyone say they bumped into Billy Mitchell and he was a jerk? 99 % of the time i think people are pleasantly surprised at how cool he is.

Thanks
Blake

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

And myself and hundreds of other people have met Billy and talked with him for hours, eaten with him, etc. And he's a nice guy, very friendly and a pleasure to be around.

Soooooo......... Like I said , a persona to make an image for money. Just like an actor.

Different viewpoints and perspectives I guess.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

By the lack of substance in your counter ill give you more time to think of a proper comeback. Sound good slick?
Thanks
Blake

SoUNds A$ swEEt As THis ThreAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from hailrazer:

... eaten with him, etc. ...

Did he bring his own brand hot sauce with him? I picked some of that up and it was pretty good.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

I have a feeling he is going to keep this ball rolling and at some point in the near future show a WORLD RECORD live video recorded in a public place score right down the publics throat saying to himself "Choke on that". What a great day that would be.
Thanks
Blake

I attended a couple of the Kong Offs and watched Billy play and he has never broken 1 mil in public at any of those events and got blown away by the competition. He's VERY good but not on the same level as some of the latest DK players. I think Bill is a pretty nice guy in person and it isn't anything against him personally, but TG was pretty thorough in their investigation and its pretty obvious that he cheated.

#58 5 years ago

Geez......can’t believe some people get so worked up over this.

You could argue all day long if the tape Billy submitted is bogus or not. The difference in this case is Billy can actually put up the scores.

Like him or not as long as he continues to put up scores in public settings his scores will be recognized on some level be it official or unofficial.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I attended a couple of the Kong Offs and watched Billy play and he has never broken 1 mil in public at any of those events and got blown away by the competition. He's VERY good but not on the same level as some of the latest DK players. I think Bill is a pretty nice guy in person and it isn't anything against him personally, but TG was pretty thorough in their investigation and its pretty obvious that he cheated.

At those kong offs he did not perform very well, agreed. I also dont think he spent much time honing his skills. but even if he did he may not be on the level of Wes, Robbie, Hank, exc... we will hopefully have more chances to see.

As for the evidence i too thought it was thorough at first glance, but watch Billys seminar at SFGC and then make up a timeline of the events that he speaks of and you will see where TG has changed there stance multiple times and currently has no stance other then the fact that he cheated, the end. When you have a company that is emotionally vested in one outcome the lone wolf is not going to win. Honestly check out the documents, names of witnesses, receipts, video all of that evidence is not being brought forward because its from Billy. If it was a trial where you could present evidence people would have a different opinion of what they consider the truth. Right now you just have a dozen of more news articles saying the same molded media garbage over and over.

Thanks
Blake

#60 5 years ago

I had always assumed that Billy Mitchell cheated but his score in question was 1,062,800 -- if he truly beat 1 million live it starts to become pretty plausible that a person could get 62k more playing it over and over again at his house. I still don't know if he cheated (maybe he's learned more tricks from watching youtube videos), but it seems like he's clearly capable of getting the score he was accused of cheating to achieve.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

At those kong offs he did not perform very well, agreed. I also dont think he spent much time honing his skills. but even if he did he may not be on the level of Wes, Robbie, Hank, exc... we will hopefully have more chances to see.
As for the evidence i too thought it was thorough at first glance, but watch Billys seminar at SFGC and then make up a timeline of the events that he speaks of and you will see where TG has changed there stance multiple times and currently has no stance other then the fact that he cheated, the end. When you have a company that is emotionally vested in one outcome the lone wolf is not going to win. Honestly check out the documents, names of witnesses, receipts, video all of that evidence is not being brought forward because its from Billy. If it was a trial where you could present evidence people would have a different opinion of what they consider the truth. Right now you just have a dozen of more news articles saying the same molded media garbage over and over.
Thanks
Blake

The only "witnesses" are close friends (Walter Day etc.) and odd fellows such as yourself. No one witnessed him play a perfect game of Pac Man yet he holds the title for it. No one has seen him score 1 million + live at any live event.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Geez......can’t believe some people get so worked up over this.

as you post in 2018 on a dedicated pinball forum...have you read what's on THIS website!? There's a joke here somewhere--pinball dorks making fun of retro video game dorks. There are lives that need to be gotten if we're taking any of this shit too seriously with all that's happening on the planet right now.

#63 5 years ago

The only "witnesses" are close friends (Walter Day etc.) and odd fellows such as yourself. No one witnessed him play a perfect game of Pac Man yet he holds the title for it. No one has seen him score 1 million + live previously at any live event.

#64 5 years ago

People actually give a fock about a guy playing donkey kong.??? hmmm. Crazy.

Blake: "Billy, do you accept this rose?"

#65 5 years ago

The only "witnesses" are close friends (Walter Day etc.) and odd fellows such as yourself. No one witnessed him play a perfect game of Pac Man yet he holds the title for it. No one has seen him score 1 million + live at any live event.

Watch his seminar and then do some research. If there is anyone not being transparent in this debacle its TG. If after that you still feel steadfast that he cheated and TG is on the up and up then theres nothing else to say.

Thanks
Blake

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

People actually give a fock about a guy playing donkey kong.??? hmmm. Crazy.
Blake: "Billy, do you accept this rose?"

You cared enough to read the thread and reply to a post. What the FOCK?

Thanks
Blake

#67 5 years ago

To all you pinsiders who cant wrap their heads around the fact that people actually care about this crap, THANKS FOR MAKING THIS TOPIC THE HOTTEST THREAD OF THE DAY LMFAO!

Thanks
Blake

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

To all you pinsiders who cant wrap their heads around the fact that people actually care about this crap, THANKS FOR MAKING THIS TOPIC THE HOTTEST THREAD OF THE DAY LMFAO!
Thanks
Blake

No one cares about this crap, we are just enamored over your hard on for Billy Mitchell.

Thanks
Blake

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Thanks
Blake

Those are the lamest responses. Always drives me crazy when people think this is witty.

Btw, wonder who has the most holes in one on NGG? I want to worship him.

#70 5 years ago

No one cares about this crap, we are just enamored over your hard on for Billy Mitchell.
Thanks
Blake

You started off with some logic and then just went to "billy's a cheater" you have no desire to seek out the truth but are ready and willing to jump on a band wagon of haters. Every time one of you folks is confronted with logic you retract to the same BS. Spend some time debating it would serve you well.

Thanks
Blake

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Those are the lamest responses. Always drives me crazy when people think this is witty.
Btw, wonder who has the most holes in one on NGG? I want to worship him.

Contribute.

Thanks
Blake

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

The panel unanimously found that his tape had screens that could not be created with original hardware.

This. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and irrelevant to this fact.

BM has had years to "get in shape" playing DK. Finally breaking a mill in late 2018 is yawn inducing. The mancrush of some is only slightly more amusing. Thread drained.

Thanks
NotBlake

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Contribute.
Thanks
Blake

No thanks.

You're weird.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

This. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and irrelevant to this fact.
BM has had years to "get in shape" playing DK. Finally breaking a mill in late 2018 is yawn inducing. The mancrush of some is only slightly more amusing. Thread drained.
Thanks
NotBlake

There you go. That was much more creative then the last few. Still lacking in substance but we can work on that latter.
Your right on one thing for sure, your not Blake, but that should not stop you from trying.

Thanks
Blake

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

No thanks.
You're weird.

and another post in the thread topic. thanks for contributing. for someone who hates these types your certainly helping out.

Thanks
Blake

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

There you go. That was much more creative then the last few. Still lacking in substance but we can work on that latter.
Your right on one thing for sure, your not Blake, but that should not stop you from trying.
Thanks
Blake

Too easy. Low hanging fruit. Your wrong, than your really wrong.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

and another post in the thread topic. thanks for contributing. for someone who hates these types your certainly helping out.
Thanks
Blake

Don't hate these "types" (whatever that means). Your fascination with this man is what is really odd.

So, did he accept your rose?

#78 5 years ago

I love you Blake! Don't listen to all these entitled assholes! They all make fun of Data East and Sega too when they are too stupid to realize it has been Stern all along! All the employees at Stern, are paid by Data East paychecks! Same company yesterday and today!

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Don't listen to all these entitled assholes! ...

Time to get the docs to cut back on your meds a bit.

#80 5 years ago

Blake and Billy sitting in a tree......

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Black and Billy sitting in a tree......

It's Blake thanks.
Thanks
Blake

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Time to get the docs to cut back on your meds a bit.

Tell me right now Stern paychecks do not say Data East on them. Gary considers all the companies he has run the SAME company. The original Stern with his old man was a different thing all together! Not counted with the other three.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Billy maintains that he never cheated and all his scores are legit.

Him and every single cheater in history.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Tell me right now Stern paychecks do not say Data East on them. Gary considers all the companies he has run the SAME company.

I don't know what the checks say, and I never talk to Gary aboot them. Nor do i talk with Billy, or Wes, Robbie, Hank exc. aboot them.
I don't care if it's the same company or not. I understand you think you've got a real stinger point here but sadly we've all heard this schtick for years. The point you're missing is designers & technology. DE seem cheap because they're cheap compared to W/B of the time. Late upgrading tech like physical switches to optos & shit like that. Start shopping out a bunch of DE & W/B from the 90s and the quality difference isn't a snob issue it's just a fact. I guess you can equate the lower priced DE being like lower priced Sterns vs JJP...not that I want to get into that can of dicks because I personally like Stern more.

"The same company" consists of Gary (if I may be so bold to call him Gary) his vodka bottle, and Borg. Gomez, SR, PL, other programmers/rules people/designers are mostly W/B. I don't know how Sheets fit's in that thought since he was DE first?

#85 5 years ago

" Let's fire up that 40 year old video game and show these people I still got it!"

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know what the checks say, and I never talk to Gary aboot them. Nor do i talk with Billy, or Wes, Robbie, Hank exc. aboot them.
I don't care if it's the same company or not. I understand you think you've got a real stinger point here but sadly we've all heard this schtick for years. The point you're missing is designers & technology. DE seem cheap because they're cheap compared to W/B of the time. Late upgrading tech like physical switches to optos & shit like that. Start shopping out a bunch of DE & W/B from the 90s and the quality difference isn't a snob issue it's just a fact. I guess you can equate the lower priced DE being like lower priced Sterns vs JJP...not that I want to get into that can of dicks because I personally like Stern more.
"The same company" consists of Gary (if I may be so bold to call him Gary) his vodka bottle, and Borg. Gomez, SR, PL, other programmers/rules people/designers are mostly W/B. I don't know how Sheets fit's in that thought since he was DE first?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Tell me right now Stern paychecks do not say Data East on them. Gary considers all the companies he has run the SAME company. The original Stern with his old man was a different thing all together! Not counted with the other three.

Seeing ad Data East went defunct as a whole corporation in 2003, I would guess their paychecks don't say DE on them.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Seeing ad Data East went defunct as a whole corporation in 2003, I would guess their paychecks don't say DE on them.

But they somehow managed to keep the same phone number.

#89 5 years ago

I talked to him once, seemed to be a little snobbish but an alright guy. I still think he is related to Chewbaca some how.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He’s not your guy, fwend.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2ezjza (resized).jpg2ezjza (resized).jpg
#92 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Stop trying to relive your childhood with old references!

#93 5 years ago

If Billy cheated legitimately, how can everyone still be upset?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Ask anyone who works there. Same company Homeboy!

#95 5 years ago

Nobody gives a s**t about this f**ktard. Wanna impress me, get a real job trust fund baby.................

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Nobody gives a s**t about this f**ktard. Wanna impress me, get a real job trust fund baby.................

No shit! As far as I'm concerned there is only one rock star with the last name Mitchell, and this dude aint it!

mitch-mitchell-hayman (resized).jpgmitch-mitchell-hayman (resized).jpg
#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

TG's original statement that he used mame was disproven and now shows this.

Ok, if you want to play around with words to make it seem like he was innocent.

TG never said he used MAME, they always maintained that the video artifacts shown in the videos he provided could not be replicated on original hardware. Please show me where TG officially communicated that the reason they banned Billy was because he used MAME.

EDIT: Turns out in the summary decision they did specifically say he used MAME

Quoted from Blake:

TG still believes he cheated, just that they dont know how or on what media platform he cheated on.

So you've literally just contradicted yourself in the same post. Didn't you just say that TG banned him because he had used MAME?

This is how Team Billy works, don't address any of the accusations, issue out conflicting statements and point fingers everywhere else and say it's a conspiracy.

The guy cheated, get over it.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Ok, if you want to play around with words to make it seem like he was innocent.
TG never said he used MAME, they always maintained that the video artifacts shown in the videos he provided could not be replicated on original hardware. Please show me where TG officially communicated that the reason they banned Billy was because he used MAME.

So you've literally just contradicted yourself in the same post. Didn't you just say that he had used MAME?
This is how Team Billy works, don't address any of the accusations, issue out conflicting statements and point fingers everywhere else and say it's a conspiracy.
The guy cheated, get over it.

In the first post TG made about their investigation they claimed Billy was using Mame. Their whole case was based on that. It wasn't until several months later they changed it from "He cheated using XXX version of Mame" to "He cheated using non-original hardware". Apparently proof of what he used and how he used it was not needed. And they still have yet to prove the How. Innocent until Proven guilty? .....hmmmm.

#99 5 years ago

Actually, I was wrong. They did say he used MAME.

Quoted from hailrazer:

It wasn't until several months later they changed it from "He cheated using XXX version of Mame" to "He cheated using non-original hardware"

And if you read the summary decision, like I just did, you'll see that they specifically say 'Jeremy's assertion concluded that not only can original Donkey Kong arcade hardware not produce the board transition images shown in the recordings, but that these transitions were actually generated through the use of MAME (emulation software.)'

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800/page326

So they did ban him for using MAME. He did use non-original hardware. These two phrases are not mutually exclusive, they can mean the same thing, that Billy cheated. Classic Team Billy, try to muddy the waters with what is a very simple premise.

Quoted from hailrazer:

Apparently proof of what he used and how he used it was not needed.

Again, classic Team Billy. Completely ignore the pages and pages of analysis where they found multiple times in the tapes Billy submitted video artifacts that could only be produced by MAME output. In case you missed it (or you are just being ignorant), I'll link it for you:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800?p=946633&viewfull=1#post946633

There's your proof, right there. If you want to choose to completely ignore that, that's fine, you don't hand out the records, Twin Galaxies does.

Quoted from hailrazer:

And they still have yet to prove the How.

If you read the thread, like I did, you can see them narrow down to the specific version of MAME and command line options he used to do it. There's your 'how'.

Quoted from hailrazer:

Innocent until Proven guilty? .....hmmmm.

Again, if you read the thread, you'll see they went out of their way to give Billy the option to discuss their findings, which he refused to do, sending his fanboys instead. You'll also see they went to the trouble of completely replicating the setup Billy used to see if they could duplicate the MAME artifacts on original hardware, they couldn't. They gave Billy every single chance to come forward to clear up the mess over the course of several months and he chose to ignore them completely, so they stripped him of his records.

No one cares if he can hit a million now, plenty of people can do that. Billy is just upset that his sponsorship deals are drying up so he's trying to get himself relevant again by using his fanboy base to try and push a narrative of 'TG set him up', which if you look at the facts just simply isn't true.

Get yourself out of the Team Billy bubble, sit down and read that thread, it's extremely comprehensive. Much more comprehensive than anything Team Billy have pushed out.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Actually, I was wrong. They did say he used MAME.

And if you read the summary decision, like I just did, you'll see that they specifically say 'Jeremy's assertion concluded that not only can original Donkey Kong arcade hardware not produce the board transition images shown in the recordings, but that these transitions were actually generated through the use of MAME (emulation software.)'
https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800/page326
So they did ban him for using MAME. He did use non-original hardware. These two phrases are not mutually exclusive, they can mean the same thing, that Billy cheated. Classic Team Billy, try to muddy the waters with what is a very simple premise.

Again, classic Team Billy. Completely ignore the pages and pages of analysis where they found multiple times in the tapes Billy submitted video artifacts that could only be produced by MAME output. In case you missed it (or you are just being ignorant), I'll link it for you:
https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-Player-Billy-L-Mitchell-Score-1-062-800?p=946633&viewfull=1#post946633
There's your proof, right there. If you want to choose to completely ignore that, that's fine, you don't hand out the records, Twin Galaxies does.

If you read the thread, like I did, you can see them narrow down to the specific version of MAME and command line options he used to do it. There's your 'how'.

Again, if you read the thread, you'll see they went out of their way to give Billy the option to discuss their findings, which he refused to do, sending his fanboys instead. You'll also see they went to the trouble of completely replicating the setup Billy used to see if they could duplicate the MAME artifacts on original hardware, they couldn't. They gave Billy every single chance to come forward to clear up the mess over the course of several months and he chose to ignore them completely, so they stripped him of his records.
No one cares if he can hit a million now, plenty of people can do that. Billy is just upset that his sponsorship deals are drying up so he's trying to get himself relevant again by using his fanboy base to try and push a narrative of 'TG set him up', which if you look at the facts just simply isn't true.
Get yourself out of the Team Billy bubble, sit down and read that thread, it's extremely comprehensive. Much more comprehensive than anything Team Billy have pushed out.

And you fail to realize that the version of Mame they claim he used came out 3 years after his first record where they claimed he used it. That's why they took down the mention of Mame in the final verdict.

I'm not on "Team Billy". I just am trying to look at all the information presented.

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/billy-mitchell-scores-1-mil-live-/page/2?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.