31 days ago

Topic Stats

• 205 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by VectorGamer
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
BM666 (resized).jpg
EC567D32-ACC5-4EC1-BDA7-01A4FE06A0A1 (resized).jpeg
1AC3F525-FCEC-402F-92C1-7B0FAA337AC1 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
queenofkong (resized).jpg
know (resized).jpg
20190918_175847 (resized).png
BadPacBoys (resized).jpg
3015710-2050724787-sauce (resized).jpg
king of kong (resized).png
girder (resized).jpg
367AFC39-9829-4B66-B4A1-0ECB4F7CB490 (resized).jpeg
888CD3A2-4718-4D43-BC4B-691C8E927781 (resized).jpeg
B8680D3E-1774-48B3-B7C6-E5724B83E36B (resized).jpeg
Retraction Letter, 9-9-19.pdf (PDF preview)

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 29 days ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Don't be confused. Was 'King of Kong' scripted? That's the only difference really. Or did I just ruin professional wrestling for you?

Scripted? Wrestling? You mean this isnt real?
https://giphy.com/gifs/fail-wwe-CTnpcky4tBbK8

My world is in shambles.

#152 29 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

As said, he is banned for life.
When he dies that opens a whole new can of worms.

Really? Ask Shoeless Joe Jackson how that's worked out for him.

#153 29 days ago
Quoted from Methos:

Too bad he just didn't inject steroids or was a wife beater, he'd be in for sure then.

Anyone else remember these ads? There were billboards too. They were promptly taken down....

20190918_175847 (resized).png
#154 29 days ago

Boy, I wish my biggest problem in life was no one believing my donkey Kong scores.

#155 29 days ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Really? Ask Shoeless Joe Jackson how that's worked out for him.

Way ahead of you bro.

Quoted from o-din:

Apparently that's what happened to Shoeless Joe Jackson. Even though he was initially only banned for life.
Tough league.

#156 29 days ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Boy, I wish my biggest problem in life was no one believing my donkey Kong scores.

know (resized).jpg
#157 29 days ago

He wants his high score and he wants it nooooooow!! Mummy!

#158 29 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Way ahead of you bro.

keep contradicting yourself 'bro'

#159 29 days ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

keep contradicting yourself 'bro'

There was plenty of effort to get Shoeless Joe reinstated even long after he died. Still going on I believe. Same thing's going to happen with Rose. Like it or not.

If that's a contradiction, then so be it.

#160 28 days ago

Why can't that dork just go away

#161 28 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

All he has to do is play the game at a public venue to lay the charge to rest one would think.
Guinness does not lightly add or subtract records without some level of proof, they have a brand to protect.

In the last year he has surpassed the Donkey Kong scores in question twice. He has played at least one perfect Pac-Man game. All in public and streamed. This is not an indication of whether or not he cheated but to me it speaks volumes of his skill. Robbie Lakeman analyzed his gameplay and was able to duplicate pretty similarly a game using his style. Again this is not an indication of whether or not Billy cheated. It's just an indication of was his gameplay honest gameplay.

#162 28 days ago

Let alone what it smells like, wonder if Depends undergarments will be pulling his sponsorship?

Quoted from Dent00:I wonder what the resume looks like for the Donkey Kong expert?
I am really curious what qualifies a person as an expert on a particular video game or a pinball game for instance...
Perhaps if you have a youtube tutorial/tips broadcast or documented high scores you could qualify as an expert in legal terms...
That should be interesting testimony...

#163 28 days ago

This goy stands with Billy Mitchell.

#164 28 days ago

any love for the 'queen of kong'?

queenofkong (resized).jpg
#165 28 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How can one person play that much DK? I get bored after 5min.

Oh man, DK is the greatest video game of all time. I remember when I first saw one while we were on vacation before my 7th grade year. I went to the arcade every day for hours and just played this game the entire time.

#166 27 days ago

I would bet that this case is dismissed or settled out of court.
I doubt seriously that this would ever go to trial.
Just a guess on my part though...

#167 27 days ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I would bet that this case is dismissed or settled out of court.
I doubt seriously that this would ever go to trial.
Just a guess on my part though...

Pretty safe bet, 97% of civil cases are dismissed or settled before trial!

#168 27 days ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So he is super nice AND a total dick. He was at the show out here a few years back...my personal impressions from not talking to him at all: he likes hot sauce and really flaunts that beautiful head of hair...total hair showoff. You know the type, guys with hair. Eff ‘em, am I right??

This made my day!

#169 27 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Pretty safe bet, 97% of civil cases are dismissed or settled before trial!

A part of me wishes that it would go to court and I could watch.
I can imagine a Donkey Kong machine in the courtroom, where someone demonstrates jumps over blue barrels and evasive maneuvers from fireballs.
Further details of the "Billy Strait" with demonstrations, assuming they don't die.
Video review by the Donkey Kong expert with highlighted illustrations of the girder finger.
Testimony from people who were witnesses to the refuted high score events.
Technical info from electronics experts on the video game itself.
Probably a pretty good blast from the 70's.

#170 27 days ago
Quoted from Dent00:

A part of me wishes that it would go to court and I could watch.
I can imagine a Donkey Kong machine in the courtroom, where someone demonstrates jumps over blue barrels and evasive maneuvers from fireballs.
Probably a pretty good blast from the 70's.

And then that dramatic moment when, turning to the jury, the defense lawyer grabs Billy’s hair and gives it a solid tug, followed by “why won’t this wig come off?!?”

#171 26 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, I'm not billy.
LTG : )

I mean mistakenly turning off the power.

#172 24 days ago

The tempest must be just that.

Tool- tempest.

#173 24 days ago

Good hair, I meant to say! Too.

This is my favorite Billy Mitchell photo that I have seen.

- It includes Joel West to the left, another gamer who has passed away. I never knew Joel west but I am a fan of Joel. RIP.

I have not met billy Mitchell yet, but good hair!

image (resized).jpeg
#174 24 days ago

What happened to that sniveling Brian Kuh?

#175 22 days ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

What happened to that sniveling Brian Kuh?

I ran into him in New Hampshire at a beach arcade he was working at 2 years ago. They had a nice selection of early mannequin games and I asked him a few questions and then I realized it was him.

He giggled and thought I was clueless because I called them mannequin games and then he followed me around trying to sell me one for stupid money. Weird dude for sure.

#177 22 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what the hell is a mannequin game?

Also spelled Manikin

Photo lifted from cfh’s website.

1AC3F525-FCEC-402F-92C1-7B0FAA337AC1 (resized).jpeg
#178 22 days ago

ahhhh, those are fun. So bubble hockey would be considered a mannequin game?

#179 22 days ago

I don’t want to digress. I have a friend who I have not seen in a while that was really into those mechs, too. Also, the marvelous Marvin’s museum is full of em!

http://www.marvin3m.com/

EC567D32-ACC5-4EC1-BDA7-01A4FE06A0A1 (resized).jpeg
#180 22 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So bubble hockey would be considered a mannequin game?

No. Mannequin games are more the bigger steel mannequin guys in the game. Bowling, golfing, basketball, type games.

#181 22 days ago

gotcha, I just figured anything with moving 3d players under glass would count.

#182 17 days ago

Did Billy have his wife sitting by his side Sunday night stream? I didn't want to call him a cheater and have her take it the wrong way .

#183 15 days ago

Looks like billy is running out of options.

#184 15 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Looks like billy is running out of options.

Video no longer available due to copyright claim by Billy Mitchell.

That is pretty funny.

Look up Streisand effect.

#185 15 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Pete Rose was an exceptional player, he is being denied BHOF out of spite.
Banning him for gambling is one thing, he earned being in the hall of fame for his playing.

OJ Simpson is in the HOF, correct?

#186 15 days ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

OJ Simpson is in the HOF, correct?

I'm not familiar with the Football hall of fame details, just Pete Rose and Baseball hall of fame.

#187 15 days ago

I do digital forensics for a living and my profile on Billy Mitchell has yielded some interesting results. I've discovered the reasons for Billy's trademark beard and love of video games (something Pat Robertson referred to as "The Devil"). Heck, even his obsession with hot sauce can be explained.

I would exercise caution (pun intended). At any moment he with the mark of the beast can expose his seven heads and ten horns and unleash his fury upon the Earth (Revelation 13 : 1)

In conclusion, it would be wise to reinstate Mr. Mitchell's high scores. For the sake of mankind, please.

BM666 (resized).jpg
#188 15 days ago

King of Con was re-uploaded today:

#190 15 days ago
Quoted from Underspin:

I do digital forensics for a living and my profile on Billy Mitchell has yielded some interesting results. I've discovered the reasons for Billy's trademark beard and love of video games (something Pat Robertson referred to as "The Devil"). Heck, even his obsession with hot sauce can be explained.
I would exercise caution (pun intended). At any moment he with the mark of the beast can expose his seven heads and ten horns and unleash his fury upon the Earth (Revelation 13 : 1)
In conclusion, it would be wise to reinstate Mr. Mitchell's high scores. For the sake of mankind, please.[quoted image]

What a nutjob. The guy from Virginia Beach.

#191 9 days ago

I am the guy in the photo off to the right. At good friends house. I look too good for the camera lol...

I play a lot of that tron behind them. Today I will in fact. Take care!

image (resized).jpeg
#192 9 days ago

I'm torn on this. I've watched Billy Mitchell play a few different times and he's legit a very-very good player. I don't think he "needed" to use emulation for his submitted scores. With that said, I do think some of his scores were done on emulation. Perhaps if he would have just owned up to that right away he wouldn't have been totally removed from Twin Galaxies or Guinness. In contrast, Todd Rogers is an slightly above average gamer who faked his 15-minutes of fame.

#193 9 days ago

I seriously doubt that Billy's high scores will ever be re-instated.
At this point, it probably doesn't matter if he did or didn't cheat, in my opinion.
I just don't think it will ever happen and I don't think a lawsuit will make any difference.
And, it probably doesn't matter if he actually made the high scores or not.
People that keep the high score records have made their decision and I don't think that will be changed.
If it is changed, I will be very surprised.

#194 8 days ago

Publicity. It would be a good time to capitalize upon it, again. IMO.

All things aside, it’s fun to talk about.

Arcades pinball etc...

#195 8 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

The Chicago White Sox team from 1919.

that was with sports betting and players not having an union.

Now with that being a part of pinball with the IPFA promoting it's not really that good of an thing.

#196 8 days ago

The guys innocent...give him back his records...

#197 8 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Me too. Hogging games at shows that kids wanted to play or their parents wanted to buy.

Unchecked ego tends to have a venom-like effect over time.

#198 8 days ago

Billy Mitchell is the man! Bringing some much needed attention to a forgotten pastime.

#199 8 days ago

I have no sympathy for Mitchell. While some of his records are undoubtedly legit, there is nearly irrefutable evidence that he cheated on other attempts. His Donkey Kong record (one of the most coveted) was set using an emulator with save states and spliced footage (as shown by the 1UP blinking anomaly). Even if he didn't splice footage, he was clearly using an emulator disguised as a real cabinet. He claims that the video was doctored to frame him - a claim with zero evidence to support it. The only witness to the record was another known cheater, Todd Rogers (there is conclusive evidence that Rogers' Dragster record is impossible).

#200 7 days ago

My friend scored 1 b on the new ghostbusters code. It's just gonna go through the roof now, those gb scores. But I digress...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 197.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 269.99
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 299.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 209.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 157.00
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside