Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you in or out on Billy Joel pinball?”

• Sing me a song I'm the pinball man 20 votes
      12%
    • I wouldn't start the fire 116 votes
      70%
    • I'm a backstreet guy, the rumor is false 30 votes
      18%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p1036_p_v12_an (resized).jpg
    FPeAWN0XoAEMB9v (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 9.36.17 AM (resized).png
    8290FA63-8AB5-4F27-AE81-8F8E5258B30D (resized).jpeg
    2E4C3898-0F8A-48CE-95CF-2ACDA2781D8B (resized).jpeg
    clint.gif
    73C148E3-1A98-4693-886A-3FBD4D6336B7 (resized).jpeg
    giphy poop.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    82413B62-0D18-4D2C-8D58-6A2CC830E74C (resized).jpeg
    76ce1eb4-4c7b-4554-8190-807289b50e60_text.gif
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago

Just make a Blazing Saddles Pinball and watch a certain group have a Meltdown.

p1036_p_v12_an (resized).jpgp1036_p_v12_an (resized).jpg
    #102 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

Just make a Blazing Saddles Pinball and watch a certain group have a Meltdown. [quoted image]

The movie makes merciless fun of racists. Not a good idea to potentially alienate a certain group of potential customers!

#103 1 year ago

Dumbest idea ever. Even if you do like his music, who wants to play a machine with a bunch of pictures of Billy Joel on it?

#104 1 year ago

The lights out mode causes the virtual crowd to freeze to death

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think a pin like Smokey and the Bandit would be great for a company like AP. I just can’t see a company like JJP doing a pin with that theme, but, then again, we are talking about Billy Joel here…. with that being said, I think Smokey and the Bandit has the potential for a lot of fun and good humor.

Absolutely right, I agree this is a Billy-Joel-Toppic. But since lots of people give suggestions for other themes I thougt a Burt-Reynolds-theme would be worth getting mentioned. Not especially as a suggestion for JJP but in general. In general it would be more fun to take more on older movie-themes too instead of each and any older rock-band or singer.

#106 1 year ago

The only theme of a musicpin which I would be interested in is
    MOTÖRHEAD
    A perfect outlay in black/white, Multiballs (Ace of spades, bomber, Lemmy, snaggletooth), lots of (bash)toys could be possible … this pin could be incredible good!
    Although I like Billy Joel - he and his music is not suitable for a musicpin imho.

#107 1 year ago

What songs should be in the game? I really only know the radio classics

Piano Man
    Movin Out
    Uptown girl
    We didn't start the fire

#108 1 year ago

Can't wait for another boring "Shoot Everything" type mode to be in the game, those are some of the best and meaningful modes.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

What songs should be in the game? I really only know the radio classics
    Piano Man
    Movin Out
    Uptown girl
    We didn't start the fire

While I think this is an AWFUL idea for a pin, you really need to familiarize yourself with the actual talent and great songs from Billy's catalog. And I assure you we didn't start the fire is one of the worst songs the man ever came out with. 70s Billy Joel is outstanding stuff.

#110 1 year ago

I don’t think anybody really needs our help learning about the career of Billy Joel.

Type “Billy Joel” into the internet and it’s not too tough to discover any of his 33 top 40 singles or hundreds of millions of albums sold.

Let’s save Pinside tutorials for the important and harder to discern things, like the similarities between pinball and cars, and which games are overrated.

#111 1 year ago

If I need to google a licensed theme to learn more about it, it's probably not a great theme

Clearly a lot of people like him, and that's cool. Just don't go in buying a collector edition thinking that later millennials and zoomers will give two flying fucks about it when you sell it later. Some themes you can just instantly tell are not going to be desirable in another ten years.. Hell, its barely desirable now

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

While I think this is an AWFUL idea for a pin, you really need to familiarize yourself with the actual talent and great songs from Billy's catalog. And I assure you we didn't start the fire is one of the worst songs the man ever came out with. 70s Billy Joel is outstanding stuff.

I don't doubt that one bit, and familiarizing myself with more of his work isn't something I'm opposed to, but its not very high up on my priority list either.

#113 1 year ago

if JJP makes a Billy Joel pin,
    they'll be closing all the factories down
    and Jack will be spending his weekends on the Jersey shore.

#114 1 year ago

I liked Billy Joel's Glass Houses when it came out and I was like 9 years old. I soon realised the error of my ways and have run the other way ever since whenever I hear Billy being played

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s save Pinside tutorials for the important and harder to discern things, like the similarities between pinball and cars, and which games are overrated.

What about the price bubble?

#116 1 year ago

Think about this…. Steve Richie… leaves stern to go make a Billy Joel pin…
    This is the most insane rumor I have ever heard.

They would sell one unit…. To Billy Joel.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Think about this…. Steve Richie… leaves stern to go make a Billy Joel pin…
    This is the most insane rumor I have ever heard.
    They would sell one unit…. To Billy Joel.

Then he would flip his CE for 30K

Or sign it and sell for 100K

#118 1 year ago

I grew up on Long Island in the 70s when Bill Joel first hit the scene, so not surprising his early albums are a big part of the soundtrack of my youth (along with Dylan, Springsteen, Pink Floyd, and a few others). Heck, I had cold spring harbor on vinyl. My favorite songs, are from the early albums and most are probably not great for pinball. I’m not a NIB buyer, nor a big fan of music themes, so in or out means nothing, but hard for me to see this as a high selling title. I would be curious to see what they would do with it.

#119 1 year ago

A bash toy like the rug in Big Lebowski that revealed Christie Brinkley would sell.

#120 1 year ago

A music-themed pin needs to have adrenalin-pumping music and theme. This ain't it! I'm familiar with Joel's music but it's not on my playlist. Hell if you're going to do that just build a "Frazier" pin.

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from pokerag2:

A music-themed pin needs to have adrenalin-pumping music and theme. This ain't it! I'm familiar with Joel's music but it's not on my playlist. Hell if you're going to do that just build a "Frazier" pin.

Hmmm, tossed salad & scrambled eggs mode . . . might work.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/billy-joel-the-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.