Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you in or out on Billy Joel pinball?”

• Sing me a song I'm the pinball man 20 votes
      12%
    • I wouldn't start the fire 116 votes
      70%
    • I'm a backstreet guy, the rumor is false 30 votes
      18%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p1036_p_v12_an (resized).jpg
    FPeAWN0XoAEMB9v (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 9.36.17 AM (resized).png
    8290FA63-8AB5-4F27-AE81-8F8E5258B30D (resized).jpeg
    2E4C3898-0F8A-48CE-95CF-2ACDA2781D8B (resized).jpeg
    clint.gif
    73C148E3-1A98-4693-886A-3FBD4D6336B7 (resized).jpeg
    giphy poop.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    82413B62-0D18-4D2C-8D58-6A2CC830E74C (resized).jpeg
    76ce1eb4-4c7b-4554-8190-807289b50e60_text.gif
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

According to everyone's favorite podcaster, the word on the street is that Ritchie's 1st game for JJP will be none other than BILLY JOEL! Get ready for Piano man wizard mode. I've literally joked about a Billy Joel pinball before, never thought it could happen. Are you excited? Concerned? Hopefully its better than Zep, if the rumor is indeed true.

#3 1 year ago

Billy Joel.. This would appeal to the wife but not the husband.

If that is Steve's next pin its going to be a HARD pass . Two things JJP has to resolve for me to buy another.
    A. Flipper Feel
    B. Give me a license I actually care about and make it WOZ/POTC good.

#4 1 year ago

Though I like some of his songs, I have zero interest in owning a Billy Joel pinball machine.

#5 1 year ago

"Catholic Girls Start Much to Late" Multiball, might not make it to the game!

A Few nights with him, when he was playing at the Salty Dog, by Nassau Colosseum,
    before his career took off....Good memories.

#6 1 year ago

Better rumor.

FRANK ZAPPA - Jukebox Dropout! JJP is creating a unique pin to honor Frank!

#7 1 year ago

God no!

#8 1 year ago

I wish I was joking, but I'm not. I mean, the rumor could be incorrect, but it is indeed the rumor.

76ce1eb4-4c7b-4554-8190-807289b50e60_text.gif76ce1eb4-4c7b-4554-8190-807289b50e60_text.gif
    #9 1 year ago

I have to think most people wouldn’t be very excited about a Billy Joel pin, me included. If it’s true, I just don’t get it. There is a long list of better options, even more modern options. For example, I think people would get much more excited for something like Pearl Jam. I just see Billy Joel as really boring.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I have to think most people wouldn’t be very excited about a Billy Joel pin, me included. If it’s true, I just don’t get it. There is a long list of better options, even more modern options. For example, I think people would get much more excited for something like Pearl Jam. I just see Billy Joel as really boring.

It is JJP we're talking about, the kings of giving us themes nobody wants (with maybe 2 exceptions)

#12 1 year ago

This makes my brain hurt.

#13 1 year ago

Love the music, but as a pin? Naw bring on the preparation H themed pin instead.

#14 1 year ago

@practicalsteve! Better get your CE order in now!

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

It is JJP we're talking about, the kings of giving us themes nobody wants (with maybe 2 exceptions)

Lets also not forget that Avatar is still a strong rumor from JJP. I'd personally rather have Billy Joel!

#16 1 year ago

I love Billy's music but man the guy is such a dick....

#17 1 year ago

This rumor makes my eyes rain. He’s got some good songs, but it’s not conducive to pinball.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

practicalsteve! Better get your CE order in now!

I hope they release a video showing us how to ensure our spot!

#19 1 year ago

JJP would be better off doing Elton John

#20 1 year ago

Couldnt have less interest in a Joel pin. His music is fine but nah.

#21 1 year ago

there might not be a bigger fan of Sir William Martin Joel than myself. That said, it seems like an odd choice for pinball. But hell, I have much faith in Steve Ritchie and JJP. So bring it on!

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

there might not be a bigger fan of Sir William Martin Joel than myself. That said, it seems like an odd choice for pinball. But hell, I have much faith in Steve Ritchie and JJP. So bring it on!

Agreed! Long Island guy here, love some Billy Joel. Can't see how it fits for pinball though

#23 1 year ago

Zero interest. Especially at a $12,000 base price.

#24 1 year ago

I heard the main toy is a 10" horizonal LCD that acts as a piano.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:Zero interest. Especially at a $12,000 base price.

Black Sabbath would have me justify a 12k pricetag…heck, I could probably even get on the Elton John bandwagon for that. But billy joel?!

#26 1 year ago

I listened to and loved his music when I was a lot younger but now I'm like okay turn it off, that's enough for one lifetime.

#27 1 year ago

No thanks hopefully its something else

#28 1 year ago

This is going to be harsh for most...I wouldn't enter a room with a Billy Joel pinball machine in it...

#29 1 year ago

HARD PASS !!!

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Zero interest. Especially at a $12,000 base price.

Assuming it will be $12k...

#31 1 year ago

I’d rather have a Milli Vanilli pin than Billy Joel

82413B62-0D18-4D2C-8D58-6A2CC830E74C (resized).jpeg82413B62-0D18-4D2C-8D58-6A2CC830E74C (resized).jpeg
    #32 1 year ago

Hoping to see a poll on this

#33 1 year ago

Not a good idea for a pin, but 'Pressure' would make great background multiball music cranked up. Along with super bright flashing lights turned toward you. Anyone who has been to one of his concerts knows what I mean. Makes your eyes water.

#34 1 year ago

This is what nightmares are made of

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Hoping to see a poll on this

Done

#36 1 year ago

Can you also add options for not believing any of it is true? Thanks .

#37 1 year ago

Great songs but cannot imagine that art package. The reason Iron Maiden works for me is because they have characters to build stories around.

#39 1 year ago

I know Billy Joel wasn’t a disco guy, but somehow I’m picturing banana flippers and a mirror ball topper.

#40 1 year ago

Big no!

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Can you also add options for not believing any of it is true? Thanks .

also done

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’d rather have a Milli Vanilli pin than Billy Joel
    [quoted image]

I agree but if Jersey Jack makes this the production will take a long time.
    At least they can "Blame it on the rain, Yeah Yeah!!"

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Billy Joel.. This would appeal to the wife but not the husband.
    If that is Steve's next pin its going to be a HARD pass . Two things JJP has to resolve for me to buy another.
    A. Flipper Feel
    B. Give me a license I actually care about and make it WOZ/POTC good.

Are there alot of wives out there crushing on Billy?

He was the first concert my parents ever took me to as a kid. Grew up listening to him and still do. Would I be interested in a Billy Joel pin? Hell yes for the sheer absurdity of the theme alone. Would I pay 12K for it (or any other pin)...big ol nope on that one.

#44 1 year ago

#45 1 year ago

Pinside reacting to a Billy Joel pin rumor

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #46 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

According to everyone's favorite podcaster, the word on the street is that Ritchie's 1st game for JJP will be none other than BILLY JOEL! Get ready for Piano man wizard mode. I've literally joked about a Billy Joel pinball before, never thought it could happen. Are you excited? Concerned? Hopefully its better than Zep, if the rumor is indeed true.

LMAO close but no cigar.

Somebody is having a little fun with him.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO close but no cigar.
    Somebody is having a little fun with him.

That seems pretty obvious; you'd think

#48 1 year ago

(Checks calendar for April fools)

Has to be a joke?!?

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

They will make it.. and zep will still be better

#50 1 year ago

Sounds spot on for this company. so very stupid....

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/billy-joel-the-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.